Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2002 5:56:14 PM EDT
Hey, guys. Could someone set me straight on this? I want to get a pre-ban AR (either lower, or the whole rifle). My intent is to eventually suppress it (most likely with a .45 upper, and/or .458 SOCOM and possibly .300 Whisper). It is my understanding that you have to have a pre-ban to do this, since adding a suppressor to a post-ban AR is a no-no. However, is it OK to take a pre-ban lower alone and do this, or do I have to have the entire rifle (as it was made back before 1994) to be able to swap out the upper for a suppressed upper? Also, is EA (Eagle Arms?) a decent pre-ban AR? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:41:18 PM EDT
Greywolf2112: Don't want to pop the bubble, but preban or not, you need other paperwork to have a suppressor legally. A flash suppressor yes on a preban, silencer NO. EA is Essential Arms. Check this link: [url]http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/2494/serial.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 8:15:11 PM EDT
Eagle Arms pre-bans are excellent rifles. You can verify whether it is a pre-ban lower at the Armalite website. Eagle Arms bought the Armalite name, so Armalite now is basically Eagle Arms with a different name. I'm not familiar enough with Essential Arms (the other EA) to comment on those.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 10:00:08 PM EDT
I can't say enough good things about my Eagle Arms AR. The fit and finish is impeccable, and I am using my Colt for a comparison! EA(Essential Arms, by my understanding is a stay away from, by everything I have heard. In regards to your pre-ban question, I used to be a FFL dealer when it was fun. I would check with title II.com. [x]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:56:26 AM EDT
Thanks, guys - yes, I realize that you have to get a bunch of paperwork and $200 tax, etc. for the suppressor. My main concern was being legal with regards to the AW ban for semi-autos. Since the rifle will more than likely end up on the paperwork as the platform for the suppressor, I've got to cover my ass :)
Top Top