Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2002 4:31:36 PM EDT
...According to Shepard Smith after Moose's little talk tonight.  In a nutshell from Smith, "the weapon has been detained... a Bushmaster XM15 in .223 caliber that has been responsible in all the shootings.  The weapon is off the street."

What in God's name is that supposed to mean?!  Anyway, I won't rant on how much BS that is to make it seem like an AR15 went around on it's OWN WILL killing people.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Makes me wonder what charges the rifle will be up on.

Lets hope the legal system doesn't drag the innocent bystander pulling the trigger into jail as well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard that too and the way he said it...  THE WEAPON IS OFF THE STREET.  Sheeet.  They better be careful, the weapon might escape and start shooting again.  [rolleyes]

I just saw this quote and feel it is appropriate.

"We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them." - Livy, Roman Historian (64-59B.C. - 17A.D.)
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard Shep say that this Mohammad guy tried to buy a 'sniper'instead of a silencer.The media pukes are so brain dead.Calling the .223 a high powered round is a laugh.Elmer Keith would have a good laugh on that one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
here is a copy of the email I just sent to FOX news
" just caught the tail end of Shepard Smith's show and Chief Moose's press conference. I want to register my objection to the ending of the show when Mr. Smith expressed relief that the "weapon was off the streets", while at no time did he mention relief that the terrorist who actually committed the crime were also off the streets. Apparently, you have abandoned your much stated claims of fair and balanced coverage, and have fallen into obedient formation behind the rest of the liberal media, who once again ignore the facts that a human being was responsible for killing all those people, and instead focus on the implement that was used. Finally if you insist on focusing on the firearm used, at least get some talking heads that know what they are talking about. For the last 3 weeks we have been bombarded with more reporters and so called experts who have constantly presented so much wrong information, that I wonder what other areas of the news you are not bothering to check your facts on. It is unfortunate though, I had hopes that your network would be different, that you might actually present a point of view that was different from the ultra liberal CNN, NY Times, NBC, but yet again I am disappointed in the American media
Sincerely
Sean XXXXXX "
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Did Bulwinkel J Cop even mention that he was relived that the murderers (pl) were off the
 street...that the terrorists were off the street...
 Or was only he relived that the gun was off the street  (1 down 8 million to go)
 Someone should get the innocent gun a lawyer..well maybe it was just a bad gun...
 It was manufactured wrong..or didnt get enough love as a baby rifle...its machinist was an
 abused spouse ...or its parts came from an impoverished machine shop...in the third world..
 It was probably made by a middle aged white male who brainwashed it into being bad...
 bad bad gun it just needs love and a program of some sort...maybe it was fed bad ammo...it suffers from lead poisoning
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top