Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2002 10:50:13 AM EDT
I work in a very gun friendly environment( a sportsbar, strangely enough). As the resident knowitall, I have been fielding "sniper", caliber, firearm, and ballistics questions for weeks. Now it's gonna be Education night at Hamdog's.(Normally on Thursdays we watch the History channel and have historical discussions).Tonight I'm gonna set the Bushy on the back bar and see what kind of discussion it leads to. This is a good time to get people interested in our hobby, tomorrow may be too late.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe if you came out as a gay gun owner, that would be OK..... [:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I work for IBM. Unless it was "come out of the closet day" I'd get fired.
View Quote

Hehe...I work for a government defense contractor in the Peoples Republik of New Jersey. I'd be stripped of my clearence, fired, brought up on federal charges, and be in the hands of the FBI quicker than you can say "Bushmast-"....
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#4]
the place where i work would go ballistic! State Tech College. Id be fired before i close my trunk.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had my bushy at work a couple of times.

One time to clean it, and one time to send it back to bushy for re-indexing.

Small Businesses Rule!!

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Isn't having a gun in a bar illegal?  Hope some LEO with an axe to grind doesn't walk in on your little "lesson".
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I work in a very gun friendly environment( a sportsbar, strangely enough). As the resident knowitall, I have been fielding "sniper", caliber, firearm, and ballistics questions for weeks. Now it's gonna be Education night at Hamdog's.(Normally on Thursdays we watch the History channel and have historical discussions).Tonight I'm gonna set the Bushy on the back bar and see what kind of discussion it leads to. This is a good time to get people interested in our hobby, tomorrow may be too late.  
View Quote

I'd remove the bolt/bolt carrier, and chain it in place, if I were you. Never know who might walk into the bar, and rendering it "safe" and locked could save you some legal headaches.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Isn't having a gun in a bar illegal?  Hope some LEO with an axe to grind doesn't walk in on your little "lesson".
View Quote

I suppose it varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but I believe that generally, staff may be armed as long as they have the blessing of the owner.  A bar is a private business.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you are the property owner or have express permission from the owner, you can open carry or concealed carry.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Under Virginia CHL laws, for example, a CHL holder may [b]NOT[/b] carry concealed in a bar. But open carry is okay. And employees armed under the auspices of the owner are perfectly fine, either concealed or open carry.....

I know less about Nevada CCW laws, but most states employees acting as agents of the owner, with his/her consent are okay even to carry concealed.....

Scott

[b]SUPPORT BUSHMASTER NOW MORE THAN EVER:[/b]

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com[/url]

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought everyday was "Bring your Bushmaster (or Colt or Armalite or FNFAL...etc!) to work day![:D]

Cocked and Locked!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Reminds me of a time that I was in a bar in New  Orleans. I have been told that I was very, very drunk when two guys setting about two feet away from my girl friend and me began to argue.  One of them went outside and came back with a Valmet 76 folder.  I like to had an orgasm!  I had been trying to buy one at the time.  The armed guy kept saying that he was going to shoot the other one and the other one kept telling him where to go.  Everyone was under the table except me.  I kept walking between them to get them to shutup and sell me the damn rifle.
The armed guy finally left.  No, he did not sell me the rifle.  When the cops came the guy that interviewed me was carrying a "Dirty Harry Special","Make my day punk", with the best looking Tiffany grips that I have ever seen.  No, he would not sell it either.  He kept telling me that his girlfriend gave it to him and he couldn't.  Yeah I need to get back down there for a  little R&R.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is obvious that you have not been in a bar in Nothern NV.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Actually, the whole thing went really well. I just set the rifle on the back bar and let the questions fly.  I talked to a lot of people who never said more to me before than "Gimme a Beer", met some closet SUR owners, and even had a little visit from the deputies fielding the "man with a gun @ Hamdog's" call. They told me someone had called them, I asked if they told that person that what I was doing was legal in this state. Deputy 1 said they just needed to check out the situation. After he saw that I wasn't passing the rifle around to drunks with ammo in it and that it wasn't being used to threaten any one, he said thanks and wandered out. Deputy 2 asked me about specifics like make, twist, barrel length, how it groups, match trigger. Then said they'd tell anyone else that calls to quit complaining and apologized for bothering me. Everyone at the bar was amazed that you can have a polite conversation with LEOs and even have them leave with an apology. So there were lessons in appropriate firearms ettiquite as well. All in all, a positive experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top