Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/21/2002 1:31:21 AM EDT
Im south of the Capitol, in Yelm. Where are you guys from?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 1:35:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I am in Chehalis.  FIJFI is in Long Beach. Uhlek is in Elma.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 2:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Seattle, as a PRC ex-pat.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Ja, sure, ya betcha. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:18:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I am in Olympia

JT
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Lakewood/ Tacoma area
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Oak Harbor
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Eastside ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
There are three or four guys from the Spokane area.  I'd travel to the middle of the state to blast away with a group of like minded fellows.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Spokane area (North Idaho).  
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I will be over on the East side mid Nov. for deer.  North of Newport, around Cusick and Usk.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I go to school in Walla Walla but live in North ID close (enough) to Spokane.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Oak Harbor

ARChuck, are you a member of the North Whidbey Sportsmans Association?

Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm on the RIGHT side of the state, Tri-Cities.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Eastside ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
There are three or four guys from the Spokane area.  I'd travel to the middle of the state to blast away with a group of like minded fellows.  
View Quote

Maybe we should schedule an Great AR.15.com Eastern Washington Shoot.  We should do it before it get too cold.  Maybe the next weekend of the Spokane gun show. We could invite those boys from the West side and show them what it is like to shoot at a target more than 25 yds away.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in Touchet, its like Concrete. no where Eastern Washington.

Ryan [;D]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Seattle

2nd and Pine.

God, I hate this place. The most Crack Smoking Ass Pounding Liberal place I have ever been. Bums, Drug Dealers, and Hookers rule the streets. The Police are fat lazy idiots who not be able to solve a case if their life depended on it. You have to have a gun permit and gun to even walk the streets.

The only good thing about this place is that I am returning to CALIFORNIA. Yes, CALIFORNIA! I am a gun nut, and I would rather live in San Diego, California than this place! Yes, I mean it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oak Harbor

ARChuck, are you a member of the North Whidbey Sportsmans Association?

View Quote

Yes I'm a member of NWSA. I haven't been to the meetings in awhile but I used to go every month.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Snohomish
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Van Zandt. About twenty miles east of Bellingham. Up Mt. Baker hwy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Seattle

2nd and Pine.

God, I hate this place. The most Crack Smoking Ass Pounding Liberal place I have ever been. Bums, Drug Dealers, and Hookers rule the streets. The Police are fat lazy idiots who not be able to solve a case if their life depended on it. You have to have a gun permit and gun to even walk the streets.

The only good thing about this place is that I am returning to CALIFORNIA. Yes, CALIFORNIA! I am a gun nut, and I would rather live in San Diego, California than this place! Yes, I mean it.
View Quote

2nd and Pine? What do you live in, a garbage dumpster? I agree, that is a crummy neighborhood. But believe it or not, it is WWAAAYYYYYY better than it used to be.

You should really check out the rest of Washington before condemning it all based on your habitation at the corner of 2nd and Pine in the most notoriously liberal city in the entire state. I am sure San Diego has far worse intersections than that.

But if you must leave, please be sure to take a few fellow Kalifornians along with you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#21]
It's funny that a lot of Washington is a lot like California. They both have their highly populated liberal places. Seattle and Tacoma dominate Washington politics. In California, L.A. and S.F. dominate California politics. Outside of both, it's rather conservative.

If you look at the percentage, Washington beats out California by a few percent:
http://www.vote.wa.gov/2000/vote2000/results/federal_pres.tpl
http://vote2000.ss.ca.gov/Returns/pres/00.htm
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Dude, have you been smoking crack or what? You gonna be able to get a conceled weapons permit in SAN DIEGO? BAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
Second and Pine? Tell you what, how about you take a stroll on Main Street in National City, you know, right behind the land side of 32nd Street Naval Base from around 10 pm to 6 am.
Logan Heights.... Hillcrest... Lemon Grove... Imperial Beach... Pacific Beach.... La Mesa....
Yea, you will be MUCH SAFER in San Diego, plus you get the 805, 5, 163, 8 and 15 to play with.
I'll be thinking of you here in Washington while I am shooting my pre-ban AR15. Then again......[x]

Quoted:
God, I hate this place.
You have to have a gun permit and gun to even walk the streets.
I would rather live in San Diego, California than this place! Yes, I mean it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Hi. My name is Rob, and I'm a kali-ban transplant.  I've been free and clear of Kalifornia for 4 years now.
[b][i]----clapping, applause and support-----[/i][/b]
My sponsor feels that I'm ready to help others stay free and clear of Kalifornia. Please feel free to ask me any questions after the thread.  Thank you.
[b][i]----clapping, applause, support and a group hug----[/i][/b]

Seriously. [b]Mr_Mullen,[/b] try some other places in WA before returning to the peoples republic of Kalifornia.
But if you do go back, KNOW THIS: you'll be returning to the most hostile, anti-gun bigoted government on the west coast. NOT ONLY THAT, if you move back you will be paying the Kali-ban government out of YOUR pocket[in high taxes] to SUPPRESS YOUR RIGHTS!  
[b]1)[/b]You wont pay state taxes in WA
[b]2)[/b]Wa is a shall issue state.  Only politicans and actors can get permits in kali-ban.

I hope the truth can convince you not to do it. [i]"Friends dont let friends step on their own ding-a-ling."[/i]

I live in Olympia.  Besides TESC and the governor, I love this place!
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Rainman, I heard of a place to shoot up there off of the Mount Baker Hwy today. It's by where the 4-wheelers go to play. Ever seen it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#25]
No. But I'll check into it and let ya know.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#26]
In Snohomish, just east of Mill Creek.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#27]
dude im practically your neighbor.

im just south of mill creek.

oz
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, I'm in Edmonds (10 miles north of Seattle). I was just in Elma the other night for my kids baby shower (she's 2 months old today). [:D]

Edited to add-

I grew up in Westport, a Fishing/Logging town on the south penninsula of Grays Harbor.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, I'm in Edmonds (10 miles north of Seattle). I was just in Elma the other night for a baby shower (she's 2 months old today). [:D]
View Quote

I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#30]
we should have an eastside shoot possibly?

oz
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, I'm in Edmonds (10 miles north of Seattle). I was just in Elma the other night for a baby shower (she's 2 months old today). [:D]
View Quote

I stand corrected.
View Quote

Don't take it so badly, buddy. [:)]

It was an honest misunderstanding, I told you I was in Elma, but it was my fault I didn't explain that I was just visiting.

No harm, no foul. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#32]
would any of the east siders be interested in shootin some time?

oz
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I was pretty upset but, I'll tell ya what UHLEK, I'll let you make it up to me with those pictures we talked about. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I am, along with Busmaster007, a proud member of the BDF.

The Ballard Defense Force. [;)]

You never know when we will be invaded by angry Canadians in fishing boats. You gotta be ready!

Uff Da!

Cheers,
Chris

[Edited to grammar fix my.]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#35]
kent...........thats KENT ,I said.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
kent...........thats KENT ,I said.
View Quote

You and DarkHelmet both.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:14:59 AM EDT
[#37]
DRIVING IN BALLARD
In order to effectively drive in Ballard, it is important to understand the methods of driving already accepted as standard in this area. The following is a set of standardized behaviors:

1- That thingy on the steering column is not a turn indicator, it is a turn "REQUESTER". Once you have placed your request, remain in your lane until the car behind you passes. At that point, begin this process again and continue until all cars have received your request and passed. Should you decide at any time to actually CHANGE lanes, be prepared for a hearty bleat of the horn from the car behind you. Once all the cars have passed, change lanes quickly and slow down.

2- That thingy in the middle of your steering wheel is a mistake. Never, ever push it, it makes noise and frightens the people around you. The only time it is acceptable to use that thing is if you have decided that the person in front of you should not be allowed to change lanes, but has done so anyway.

3- While waiting at a green light, remember this rule, you must wait at least 3 seconds for every car lined up behind you, if you have trouble with the math, take your time and make sure you get it right.

4- Merging lanes of traffic follow the ancient native rhythms of "you go, I go, I go, I go, you go, you go, we wait, I go, you honk, I signal, you go", repeat.

5- When leaving busy traffic to enter a driveway or other private egress, stop completely before signalling, signal, then follow the same "Rules of Waiting" outlined for green lights.

6- If you are driving and another car is within seven feet of you to either side, subtract 15 mph from your overall speed, preferably without notice. If you are on a two-lane bridge or limited road, subtract another 10 mph for safety's sake. When raining, look over to the side of the road, if you are traveling faster than pedestrians, slow down.

7- If you see snow, even if you THINK you see snow, pull over and leave your vehicle immediately. For rain, see rule 6.

8- Pedestrians have the right of way. This includes pedestrians that have not entered the crosswalk, pedestrians thinking about crossing the street, and pedestrians that just happen to be nearby. When in doubt, apply the Rules of Waiting whenever a pedestrian is within sight.

9- If your car is suddenly grabbed from below and forced to move more quickly, that is gravity and you are on a hill. Step on the brakes and slow down.

10- Never, for any reason whatsoever, drive as if you have someplace to go, it will confuse and frighten those around you who enjoy driving for hours on end.

11- If you see a giant ball of flame, that is the sun. It will not hurt you, but slow down, just to be sure.

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Proud resident of Sea-Crack WA.
(bet I hear less airplane noise than ya'll do).
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:46:17 AM EDT
[#39]
www.custersportsmansclub.com
Check out the tactical rifle match.  I went in Sept. It was a blast!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:25:44 AM EDT
[#40]
USN_Joe - LMAO about the Ballard rules.  How true.  I think the place you are thinking of on the Mt. Baker Highway was off Mosquito Lake Road, not too far from rainman's area.  I have been there many times.  It was up the North Fork Road (of the Nooksack River).  Unfortunately, sometime this past year, DNR in their infinite wisdom gated the road and it was closed the last time I checked.  There are trails all over the mountains back there developed over many years by the Mt. Baker Motorcycle Club.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#41]
From Eastern Washington/Spokane area, now living in Alaska.  It is to cold up here for you guys from Western Washington and the Republic of Kalifornia.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#42]

2 my suprise I live just 10 minutes from Combat Jack, Wirebrush, JT, Boomstick, and a Gunrunner.

USNJOE, LMAO at the rules of driving, but I think they apply for just about any suburb on the West side !

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

USNJOE, LMAO at the rules of driving, but I think they apply for just about any suburb on the West side !

View Quote

Suburb?!? SUBURB?!? Ballard is no suburb! Would you call Venice a suburb? Paris? Copenhagen?Ballard is a paragon of culture and civilization surrounded by the hoardes of ignorance! We have lutefisk dammit! [>]:)]

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

2 my suprise I live just 10 minutes from Combat Jack, Wirebrush, JT, Boomstick, and a Gunrunner.

View Quote

Where are you? Tenino?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#45]
lakewood now.  use to live in west olympia.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Seattle

2nd and Pine.

View Quote

dude there is something wrong with you.  Did you know that seattle is bigger than just 2nd and pine.  If you dont like the drug dealing, hooker, homosexual neighborhood you could always move.  But i guess Kalifornia could use an extra pro gun voter
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Renton, out Maple Valley Highway.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Kennewick.  Just like ole Kennewick man.  
Oh, and all you westside guys.  Can y'all please see it your hearts to let us dumb Eastern Washington hicks join-up with [b]Idaho[/b] so we can be free of Cantwell, Murray and Locke. [:X*] Who we'all didn't vote for in the first place.  Much abliged.    
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
DRIVING IN BALLARD
In order to effectively drive in Ballard, it is important to understand the methods of driving already accepted as standard in this area. The following is a set of standardized behaviors:

1- That thingy on the steering column is not a turn indicator, it is a turn "REQUESTER". Once you have placed your request, remain in your lane until the car behind you passes. At that point, begin this process again and continue until all cars have received your request and passed. Should you decide at any time to actually CHANGE lanes, be prepared for a hearty bleat of the horn from the car behind you. Once all the cars have passed, change lanes quickly and slow down.

2- That thingy in the middle of your steering wheel is a mistake. Never, ever push it, it makes noise and frightens the people around you. The only time it is acceptable to use that thing is if you have decided that the person in front of you should not be allowed to change lanes, but has done so anyway.

3- While waiting at a green light, remember this rule, you must wait at least 3 seconds for every car lined up behind you, if you have trouble with the math, take your time and make sure you get it right.

4- Merging lanes of traffic follow the ancient native rhythms of "you go, I go, I go, I go, you go, you go, we wait, I go, you honk, I signal, you go", repeat.

5- When leaving busy traffic to enter a driveway or other private egress, stop completely before signalling, signal, then follow the same "Rules of Waiting" outlined for green lights.

6- If you are driving and another car is within seven feet of you to either side, subtract 15 mph from your overall speed, preferably without notice. If you are on a two-lane bridge or limited road, subtract another 10 mph for safety's sake. When raining, look over to the side of the road, if you are traveling faster than pedestrians, slow down.

7- If you see snow, even if you THINK you see snow, pull over and leave your vehicle immediately. For rain, see rule 6.

8- Pedestrians have the right of way. This includes pedestrians that have not entered the crosswalk, pedestrians thinking about crossing the street, and pedestrians that just happen to be nearby. When in doubt, apply the Rules of Waiting whenever a pedestrian is within sight.

9- If your car is suddenly grabbed from below and forced to move more quickly, that is gravity and you are on a hill. Step on the brakes and slow down.

10- Never, for any reason whatsoever, drive as if you have someplace to go, it will confuse and frighten those around you who enjoy driving for hours on end.

11- If you see a giant ball of flame, that is the sun. It will not hurt you, but slow down, just to be sure.

View Quote

instead of driving in ballard i think you can change this to driving in western washington.  and you forgot to mention that if you switch from the center lane to the left lane or the car pool lane, slow down to the speed limit or 5 to 10 miles under the limit, to keep all the cars in the left lane that are trying to do 70 down to safer speed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#50]
No4MK1,

I live on campus at SPU just accross the canal.

Can I become an auxillary of the BDF?

You know, to secure this end of the bridge or something...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top