Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The noisy, gaudy, outdated, overpriced bikes don't really bother me.  The costumes do.  I put them in the same category as Larpers and Furries.

What costumes? It's not like they're wearing clown outfits. The leather serves a purpose to protect your body from road rash in case you do go down.

Don't play dumb.

This is one of the first images when you google "harley rider"  his "protective equipment"  is typical in my experience.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As if we didn't already know by your Harley-branded jacket, shirt, boots, hat, bandana and  assless chaps, you're a big bad 1%'er tough guy, just like all the other orthodontists and accountants that rode around yesterday, needlessly revving at every traffic light (unless that's the only way to keep that antiquated POS running at idle).

Now please return it to its natural environment on the trailer and let the rest of us return to our peaceful 8AM sleep.

You forgot chick magnet.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/483551_528626847179067_83234528_n.jpg

I've seen lot's

I've never seen any chicks that look like that on the back of a Harley.  Mostly middle aged, saggy titty, chunky women wearin a wife beater and a bandana.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OP good thing you weren't anywhere within a hundred miles of Laconia NH last week or your head would've exploded. Fucking leather logo clad pirates everywhere you look like locust's, revving away.

They have some friendly people in NH. For the one bike week I went to, most non bike drivers would pull over to let the bikes pass and wave at us as we went by.

I'm less than 50 miles from Laconia and as I said I had no problem. Bike week also does a lot for the local economy which is appreciated.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just be glad this guy doesn't live in your neighborhood

http://youtu.be/m1ZsCYieFKw

That is fucking Hillarious!!

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also FWIW, the only HD branded gear I ever wore ( notice I never bought any HD gear ) was a few t shirts and a set of riding boots my father bought me for my Bday. The ONLY motorcycle branded items I bought was a few Yamaha T shirts and leather jacket. I bought the t shirts to get out of wearing the required collared store shirts for the place I worked at as a service writer. Work related gear was ok and the leather jacket came with my new 2004 XV 1700 Warrior.

I just purchased a vented, wicking HD shirt that works very well. Not usually a big fan of the branded stuff, non-HD people here will call me a douche. I'll try to remember that tomorrow @ 0455 when I'm headed 47 miles down I-95 to work.

Screw that they think. If it works, that's all that matters.

If you look around you can usually find the same, non branded item,  for less money.  ex: most of their textile jackets are made by Joe Rocket.  (or were anyway)

It doesn't  really bother me, I was being sarcastic.

I have been riding since I was 8, Harley's since 1990, I quit caring about what people thought long ago.

First one was kick start, magneto ignition and you damn well blipped the throttle when stopped. No battery = no lights when not running. This may clear up some of the mystery for the non-HD people out there; there are a few others here who have learned that lesson the hard way.

Riding since 14. Harleys since 95. First Harley 1980 XL 1000, plan on buying another Sporty next year. I'm familiar with kick start Harleys. I like them and hate them at the same time. I just like motorcycles in general and ride them to have fun.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The noisy, gaudy, outdated, overpriced bikes don't really bother me.  The costumes do.  I put them in the same category as Larpers and Furries.

What costumes? It's not like they're wearing clown outfits. The leather serves a purpose to protect your body from road rash in case you do go down.

Don't play dumb.

This is one of the first images when you google "harley rider"  his "protective equipment"  is typical in my experience.
http://solomonswizdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/big-harley-rider.jpg

No one's playing "dumb" and just a leather vest is not a "costume" or protective equipment. Stop being ignorant.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't play dumb.

http://solomonswizdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/big-harley-rider.jpg

Clearly. a dental hygenist.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

needlessly revving at every traffic light

Saving lives.

Bullshit.  A bunch of bright flashers and reflectors would be far more effective in getting other people to notice you on the road and avoid a collision, but that wouldn't look "cool".  Just like the brain buckets they use for a helmet instead of something that will actually protect you in a crash...

ever driven anything larger than you daddy's truck? large vehicles like semi's and buses have a difficult time seeing bikes...My wife drives a bus, and tells me that if she hears those loud pipes she knows there is a bike around to look out for.

So the loud pipes are for alerting semis and buses driven by legally blind people?    I would bet that visual cues are far more effective in alerting others to your presence that audio cues... which is why eye exams are administered in order to obtain your driver's license and not ear exams.

However, in true Arfcom fashion, why not get both?  If you paint your bike in tennis ball yellow reflective paint and attach halogen or LED lamps at eight equidistant locations on the frame then I'll be willing to accept your premise that safety is your primary consideration here.  Til then I'm still calling utter bullshit.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Meh.  The douchy diesel trucks are way more annoying, though a little less YMCA.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
OP good thing you weren't anywhere within a hundred miles of Laconia NH last week or your head would've exploded. Fucking leather logo clad pirates everywhere you look like locust's, revving away.

They have some friendly people in NH. For the one bike week I went to, most non bike drivers would pull over to let the bikes pass and wave at us as we went by.

I'm less than 50 miles from Laconia and as I said I had no problem. Bike week also does a lot for the local economy which is appreciated.  

Yep and if I still lived in N.Y. I would go their yearly and spend my money. It also helps I have a friend who lives right outside Laconia that will let me crash there. I need to go back with my dad before he gets too old to ride. Great roads to drive on, food's good and people are friendly. IIRC, it's the longest running motorcycle rally as well.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also FWIW, the only HD branded gear I ever wore ( notice I never bought any HD gear ) was a few t shirts and a set of riding boots my father bought me for my Bday. The ONLY motorcycle branded items I bought was a few Yamaha T shirts and leather jacket. I bought the t shirts to get out of wearing the required collared store shirts for the place I worked at as a service writer. Work related gear was ok and the leather jacket came with my new 2004 XV 1700 Warrior.

I just purchased a vented, wicking HD shirt that works very well. Not usually a big fan of the branded stuff, non-HD people here will call me a douche. I'll try to remember that tomorrow @ 0455 when I'm headed 47 miles down I-95 to work.

Screw that they think. If it works, that's all that matters.

If you look around you can usually find the same, non branded item,  for less money.  ex: most of their textile jackets are made by Joe Rocket.  (or were anyway)

It doesn't  really bother me, I was being sarcastic.

I have been riding since I was 8, Harley's since 1990, I quit caring about what people thought long ago.

First one was kick start, magneto ignition and you damn well blipped the throttle when stopped. No battery = no lights when not running. This may clear up some of the mystery for the non-HD people out there; there are a few others here who have learned that lesson the hard way.

Riding since 14. Harleys since 95. First Harley 1980 XL 1000, plan on buying another Sporty next year. I'm familiar with kick start Harleys. I like them and hate them at the same time. I just like motorcycles in general and ride them to have fun.

My pops in HS 1953 or so on his 45:

He's a retired O-4, he turned out OK.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like one of the boys got the OP's Poodle knocked up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My pops in HS 1953 or so on his 45:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/PanzerOfDoom/media/83E07E06-1516-466E-A7F0-1B3DEE98A868-971-0000007C40BEA894.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/PanzerOfDoom/83E07E06-1516-466E-A7F0-1B3DEE98A868-971-0000007C40BEA894.jpg</a>

That's fucking awesome. Love the classics like that.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Everytime I have seen or heard someone spewing Harley hate its either a Jap bike rider, a non-rider who wishes they were a Harley rider or a homosexual.

This knowledge is with about 40 years of being around bikes.

And then there is those of us who have owned a HD and no longer do.  

I had an HD douchbag call my Husqvarna " rice " the other day at a gas station,   I told him it's not rice,  it's a Swedish meatball with pasta.   I find most HD owners ( I just can't bring myself to call them riders ) very ignorant about motorcycles in general.  

Hell the guy should have known that Husqvarna started out making guns and was building motorcycles when Harley and Davidson were still fucking with bicycles.

I agree completely with your comment about most Harley riders being ignorant of other bikes.  I own a 2012 Harley Road King and I also own a 1973 Triumph Bonneville 750. While I love my Bonneville riding something 39 years newer is nice. I actually remember once someone asking me when Harley stopped making Triumphs and I almost vomited.  I work with a lot of guys that own Harley's and are totally ignorant of other machines.  Every year here in Milwaukee we have an event called "Rocker Box" which while celebrating everything motorcycle it's mostly geared towards the vintage end.  For the last few years now I have gotten a few of my co-workers who ride Harley's to go and they look totally out of their element for the Harley's are always in the minority. These guys are in their 40's and  most have never seen BSA's, Nortons, Triumphs, Indians, etc and the thousands of other devoted riders who are just happy to be with another rider on two wheels no matter what the make.  
    Now to the OP's comment on Harleys.  Please don't generalize all of us.......   I deliberately left the pipes on my Road King totally factory stock and she has fuel injection so need for me to rev her at an intersection.  Also I never wear Harley wear on my Harley for I save that for when I ride my Triumph and vise versa.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Pope said I could ride it.

Hahahah, love it.  Harleys have the Popes blessing.   I just left Rome a couple days ago, I was surprised by the number of HDs there.

I heard about that.  They really showed their "class" by revving so much during his prayer they drowned him out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Harley rider threads wouldn't be so frequent if every other dude didn't own one. All the 40-50 something's now aren't buying miatas or cameros but instead buy a piece of the legend that is Harley Davidson. If live action roleplay becomes as popular we'll have a larp thread every week.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Everytime I have seen or heard someone spewing Harley hate its either a Jap bike rider, a non-rider who wishes they were a Harley rider or a homosexual.

I had an HD douchbag call my Husqvarna " rice " the other day at a gas station,   I told him it's not rice,  it's a Swedish meatball with pasta.   I find most HD owners ( I just can't bring myself to call them riders ) very ignorant about motorcycles in general.  

Hell the guy should have known that Husqvarna started out making guns and was building motorcycles when Harley and Davidson were still fucking with bicycles.

I agree completely with your comment about most Harley riders being ignorant of other bikes.  I own a 2012 Harley Road King and I also own a 1973 Triumph Bonneville 750. While I love my Bonneville riding something 39 years newer is nice. I actually remember once someone asking me when Harley stopped making Triumphs and I almost vomited.  I work with a lot of guys that own Harley's and are totally ignorant of other machines.  Every year here in Milwaukee we have an event called "Rocker Box" which while celebrating everything motorcycle it's mostly geared towards the vintage end.  For the last few years now I have gotten a few of my co-workers who ride Harley's to go and they look totally out of their element for the Harley's are always in the minority. These guys are in their 40's and  most have never seen BSA's, Nortons, Triumphs, Indians, etc and the thousands of other devoted riders who are just happy to be with another rider on two wheels no matter what the make.  
    Now to the OP's comment on Harleys.  Please don't generalize all of us.......   I deliberately left the pipes on my Road King totally factory stock and she has fuel injection so need for me to rev her at an intersection.  Also I never wear Harley wear on my Harley for I save that for when I ride my Triumph and vise versa.  

I put a different exhaust system on my 2013 Ultra, night and day difference without the catalytic converter; cooler, better MPG, 20 hp gain.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had an HD douchbag call my Husqvarna " rice " the other day at a gas station, I told him it's not rice, it's a Swedish meatball with pasta. I find most HD owners ( I just can't bring myself to call them riders ) very ignorant about motorcycles in general.

I agree completely with your comment about most Harley riders being ignorant of other bikes. I own a 2012 Harley Road King and I also own a 1973 Triumph Bonneville 750. While I love my Bonneville riding something 39 years newer is nice. I actually remember once someone asking me when Harley stopped making Triumphs and I almost vomited. I work with a lot of guys that own Harley's and are totally ignorant of other machines. Every year here in Milwaukee we have an event called "Rocker Box" which while celebrating everything motorcycle it's mostly geared towards the vintage end. For the last few years now I have gotten a few of my co-workers who ride Harley's to go and they look totally out of their element for the Harley's are always in the minority. These guys are in their 40's and most have never seen BSA's, Nortons, Triumphs, Indians, etc and the thousands of other devoted riders who are just happy to be with another rider on two wheels no matter what the make.

Now to the OP's comment on Harleys. Please don't generalize all of us....... I deliberately left the pipes on my Road King totally factory stock and she has fuel injection so need for me to rev her at an intersection. Also I never wear Harley wear on my Harley for I save that for when I ride my Triumph and vise versa.

I got this once when I stopped to get gas on my Thruxton, I replied "When they stopped making Harleys in England" I've actually had more Harley guys compliment my bike than ones that have dissed it.

My Thrux is carbed and the previous owner put some after market pipes on it. They are kind of loud when you're on it but not loud at all at idle, which keeps the neighbors happy.

In the mornings I usually start it in the garage before putting on my gear and let it run on the choke a bit. If its colder out than normal I'll turn the idle up a hair or it'll die at the first couple of stop signs.

My dad is a harley guy and I have friends that are. I never caught the bug, but I won't call one a piece of shit either. The touring bikes (and more so the new ones) are definately nice for what they do.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet you wear another band's t-shirt to a concert.    That is hardcore man!
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#20]
+snip+
[/div]

[/div]

Wow. Sharp retort.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What you said.....

Quoted:
As if we didn't already know by your Harley-branded jacket, shirt, boots, hat, bandana and  assless chaps, you're a big bad 1%'er tough guy, just like all the other orthodontists and accountants that rode around yesterday, needlessly revving at every traffic light (unless that's the only way to keep that antiquated POS running at idle).

Now please return it to its natural environment on the trailer and let the rest of us return to our peaceful 8AM sleep.

What I heard.....

Wah, wah, wuh, waaaa, wuh, wah, wah, wuuuuuh.

OK, I LOL'd.

Touche'
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just be glad this guy doesn't live in your neighborhood

http://youtu.be/m1ZsCYieFKw

He probably has the faggot ass smoke stacks on his diesel pickup as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really enjoyed the fucking douches in Downtown Athens, GA a few weeks ago who thought it was a great idea to rev the shit out of their bikes going down narrow streets with lots of people walking on the sidewalks, my ears where damn near ringing. I like a good sounding exhaust but for every guy on a Harley V-Twin that doesn't act like a douche in situations like that there's another 4 who do. I could give a shit how loud anything you own is but at least fucking think of someone other than your own narcissistic douchey ass when you're in public. I think South Park got it right there.

Begs the question: Why not simply enforce the law; apply it equally to everyone?  Either comply with law or don't ride a death trap.  I know a kid (by his actual number of years, not just by his behavior) who worked his ass off one summer and bought a set of headers for his car.  Sounded sweet when uncapped--'cammed up' V-8.  It didn't last a day without being ticketed.  

<Here comes the dog-pile.>  

A buddy of mine took his big-block powered Regal around the block, uncapped, once some years ago. This was not in-town, but it was in a fairly heavily populated area.

I totally understood when the cops showed up shortly after he got back.

That shit was OBNOXIOUS! (loud, too.)

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What you said.....

Quoted:

What I heard.....

Wah, wah, wuh, waaaa, wuh, wah, wah, wuuuuuh.

Like this?:

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chaps, a pudding bowl helmet/do-rag and a vest aren't going to do shit when you're sliding down the pavement. I beg to differ on the clown/pirate costumes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chaps, a pudding bowl helmet/do-rag and a vest aren't going to do shit when you're sliding down the pavement. I beg to differ on the clown/pirate costumes.

So when are you going to list the protective equipment other than chaps?  As I said leather does protect you. A vest and a non dot approved helm  are for looks. Chaps, jackets, full gloves etc will save you some road rash.

Pirates don't wear leather either
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So the loud pipes are for alerting semis and buses driven by legally blind people?    I would bet that visual cues are far more effective in alerting others to your presence that audio cues... which is why eye exams are administered in order to obtain your driver's license and not ear exams.

I am not necessarily a "loud pipes save lives" guy, but the fact is that visual cues are not enough, because bikes due to their size and shape vanish in blind spots more than anything else of the road.  Alot of times you could paint your entire bike bright neon green and you won't be seen by other drivers.  Just the facts, they cover it extensively in all the MMSF riders courses.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahem,  maybe you should learn something about motorcycles.

As with many motorcycle manufacturers, Husqvarna first began producing bicycles in the late 19th century. In 1903, they made the jump to motorcycle manufacturing. The first "Husky" motorcycles used imported engines, and it wasn't until 1918 that Husqvarna began producing machines built entirely in-house. Around that time they secured a contract with the Swedish Army and began entering cross-country and long-distance motorcycle racing events.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husqvarna_Motorcycles#cite_note-walker-2][2][/url] In 1920, Husqvarna established its own engine factory and the first engine to be designed was a 550 cc four-stroke 50-degree side-valve V-twin engine, similar to those made by companies like Harley-Davidson and Indian. Although they once made motorcycles for street use, and raced at road circuits such as the Isle of Man TT prior to World War II, they are better known for producing world championship winning motocross and enduro bikes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Actually, accepted protocol is to wear another band's t-shirt to to a concert.  Wearing the t-shirt of the band you are going to see is the mark of the douche, and should never be done.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As with many motorcycle manufacturers, Husqvarna first began producing bicycles in the late 19th century. In 1903, they made the jump to motorcycle manufacturing. The first "Husky" motorcycles used imported engines, and it wasn't until 1918 that Husqvarna began producing machines built entirely in-house. Around that time they secured a contract with the Swedish Army and began entering cross-country and long-distance motorcycle racing events.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husqvarna_Motorcycles#cite_note-walker-2][2][/url] In 1920, Husqvarna established its own engine factory and the first engine to be designed was a 550 cc four-stroke 50-degree side-valve V-twin engine, similar to those made by companies like Harley-Davidson and Indian. Although they once made motorcycles for street use, and raced at road circuits such as the Isle of Man TT prior to World War II, they are better known for producing world championship winning motocross and enduro bikes.

BOOM!

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I learn something new everyday. Thanks for posting that.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just don't want to be a moving billboard for what I'm riding.  FWIW......the last time I wore a bands shirt to one of their concerts was my uncles original shirt from a 1980 Dead show in New York to a Dead show in the early 90's. It was quite the conversation piece.  Do you ride?
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently PinePig should live up to the standards he sets for others.        
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Saving lives.

Bullshit.  A bunch of bright flashers and reflectors would be far more effective in getting other people to notice you on the road and avoid a collision, but that wouldn't look "cool".  Just like the brain buckets they use for a helmet instead of something that will actually protect you in a crash...

ever driven anything larger than you daddy's truck? large vehicles like semi's and buses have a difficult time seeing bikes...My wife drives a bus, and tells me that if she hears those loud pipes she knows there is a bike around to look out for.

However, in true Arfcom fashion, why not get both?  If you paint your bike in tennis ball yellow reflective paint and attach halogen or LED lamps at eight equidistant locations on the frame then I'll be willing to accept your premise that safety is your primary consideration here.  Til then I'm still calling utter bullshit.

Loud pipes and loud colors for me and people still come over in my lane because... people suck.

The guy revving at a light is a douche.  The guy trying to actively kill me when I used to ride sucked.  

I'm sticking with my strongly held belief that people, in general, suck if you are not related to them and look and act just like them.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Harleys are fine.

Dorks in over fifty items each of Official Harley-Davidson Merchandise who have to keep blipping the throttle while sitting downtown, their crackling roar totally obliterating the conservation at the tables outside a microbrew pub where people are trying to kick back and enjoy their beer...they can go ride under a bus.

That applies to rice rocket riders who rev those while waiting at the light in the same circumstances. Yes, we know you watched Streethawk too much as a child. You're not going to pop a wheelie and jump a car, so settle down.

Were you wearing skinny jeans and one of those little odd hats while you were drinking your micro brewed beer?
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I know a few real 1%ers who would pull you out of your car and skull fuck you if given an excuse.  Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The pipes on my bike are somewhat loud, but not terribly loud.

Not one single fuck of a rat's ass do I give if some whiny bitch doesn't like it.

I just don't fucking care.

Same here. Piss on the lot of you.  
I also don't like fuel injection. I run a Polished 45mm Mikuni flat side Carburetor on my bike. My new bike I'm planning on running 2 48 Mikuni's. If you know how to jet and tune them. They are super Carburetors for a Go fast bike.

Been riding since I was 14. I'm too old to be a show off. I drive safely. I want the power to get away from the other asshole drivers out there. I also really like that 2 block blast. I live in the country, so I can do that without bothering anyone.
Hell I'm content to just cruising around at whatever the speed limit is. You want to pass me . Not a problem. In fact I'd rather you pass me. So you don't run me over from behind if you are driving with your head up your ass, talking on a cell, or texing

Oh need to add I'm not a WHORE, I ride my bike if I'm going somewhere. For those non bikers a Whore is this
We
Haul
Our
Rides
Everywhere!

That ain't me!
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I know a few real 1%ers who would pull you out of your car and skull fuck you if given an excuse.  Just sayin'.

Yes, nothing shows how secure someone is in their manhood like physically attacking someone because they insulted your "hog"...

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Learn how to adjust your carb as well so the entire street doesn't stink like unburned gas from your too rich setting while you're idling your rugged individualist machine for 15 minutes at 0730.

Carb?

Yup.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Not all of they are accountants....some are scumbags who live in trailer parks, they swore some day they would have a Harley, and by gosh when they got their tax refund they went and put a down payment on a 883.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Still looking for anyone with "Honda" or "Yamaha" tattoos.

What do I win?

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
needlessly revving at every traffic light (unless that's the only way to keep that antiquated POS running at idle).

You've never owned a motorcycle have you.  Giving the engine a bit of gas while stopped at a light is a good way to check the performance of the bike and make sure it is functioning correctly.  Most bikes you can't just let out the clutch and go, you have to rev the engine a bit or you will stall the bike.  Now loud long revving of the engine at a light is just someone being a douche-bag.    

Umm...giving the bike a bit of gas as you open the throttle I get, do it myself every time. Checking the "performance" of the bike? Seriously? Bwhahahahahahaha

Bless his heart...lol he means well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Saving lives.

Vehicles have horns for a reason. Loud pipes do make people more likely to notice you. I have had people apologize for almost hitting me on my Yamaha when it sounded like a sewing machine. After I put on a louder exhaust, it never happened again. You notice a lot less people cutting into your lane with louder pipes. I don't run them for safety, I run them cor the performance boost, but the fact that more people notice you is a bonus.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#44]
if the rumble of a Harley annoys you, you would hate the loud high ping of my 2 stroke street legal motorcycle
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm pretty cool with sticking to motor vehicle transportation that has exceptional crash survivability.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Pictures of assless chaps
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to your links,  Husqvarna was producing motorcycles in 1903 ( with imported motors )  HD finished their prototype motor in 1901 and by 1903 had determined their motor bicycle ( called a power cycle in the wiki you linked ) was shit,  they still were not a manufacture selling completed motorcycles ( until 1905 once again according to the wiki you cited).  

So exactly where did my post fail,  cause that's basically what I said.  Husky 1903,  motorcycle MANUFACTURE,  HD first MANUFACTURED bike 1905.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot chick magnet.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/483551_528626847179067_83234528_n.jpg

That's alot of tattoo induced hepatitis in that picture.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
needlessly revving at every traffic light (unless that's the only way to keep that antiquated POS running at idle).

You've never owned a motorcycle have you.  Giving the engine a bit of gas while stopped at a light is a good way to check the performance of the bike and make sure it is functioning correctly.  Most bikes you can't just let out the clutch and go, you have to rev the engine a bit or you will stall the bike.    

Someone please let me know if this guy is being serious or not. I honestly can't tell.

I was being serious.  Maybe the new fuel injected bikes are different but if they have a carb then the above applies.  Sometimes you give them gas and they just sputter.  Being in the middle of a busy intersection on a sputtering motorcycle is not a place you want to be.  It is more of an issue when the engine is cold.  

I have a carbed bike that is 20 years old (honda).  No need whatsoever to do this.  Let the clutch out til it grabs as you simultaneously give it gas.  Oh wait... did you say you had to do that on a harley to make sure it runs right?  Do you really have to check the performance it at EVERY stoplight?

I've said this before and I will say it again.  There is a difference between a "biker" (wanna be 1%er who wears all genuine harley gear and is a member of the hog club) and a true biker.  One can change the oil on their bike (note I said oil not oilS) and work on their bike vs someone that just likes the chrome and showing off.

edit - In before the butthurt!  
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top