Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1008
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, the tornadoes missed me by a mile or so. The worst damage is about 6 miles away.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

Oh thank Goodness.  I was coming here to check on you.

You had no damage?

View Quote

Not a bit. Power flickered badly for a few hours, but nothing else. No branches down, nothing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

Not a bit. Power flickered badly for a few hours, but nothing else. No branches down, nothing.
View Quote

I saw that the neighbors lost a small windmill, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad it missed you
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:
Glad it missed you
View Quote

Me too; it got a little tense that night.

The county has pitched in hard to help; they had to ask people to stop volunteering and bringing stuff for now until they could catch up distributing. Local churches and businesses opened up for shelters; the local vets and dog boarding places all offered free services, etc. It has been refreshing to see everyone coming together.
Last I heard was 12 dead; mostly in the Indian Lake area.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Me too; it got a little tense that night.

The county has pitched in hard to help; they had to ask people to stop volunteering and bringing stuff for now until they could catch up distributing. Local churches and businesses opened up for shelters; the local vets and dog boarding places all offered free services, etc. It has been refreshing to see everyone coming together.
Last I heard was 12 dead; mostly in the Indian Lake area.
View Quote

It’s awesome that everyone is pitching in but damn that is sad. Glad you are ok.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, they say that the final death toll is just 3. All older people trapped in rubble.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I broke a tooth below the gum line a few weeks ago during a bad dream and procrastinated about going to the dentist until I lost 15lbs because I just stopped eating and then got an abscess.

Follow me for more insights on how to seriously fuck yourself up with stupid little things that can be easily fixed.

Got it yanked today, think it came out in a 3 or 4 pieces.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
I broke a tooth below the gum line a few weeks ago during a bad dream and procrastinated about going to the dentist until I lost 15lbs because I just stopped eating and then got an abscess.

Follow me for more insights on how to seriously fuck yourself up with stupid little things that can be easily fixed.

View Quote

You big fucking dummy

Dental work never gets cheaper the longer you wait.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Did you experience a slight discomfort?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Yes that’s one way to put it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm more worried about the bad dream you were having
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Oh, man.  Which tooth?  One in the back?

I've been putting off going to the dentist. I think I have a cracked tooth. Pain when I drink/eat hot or cold.

And I love my dentist, but I just don't have time/energy for it.

Still.  Will you get a bridge or anything?

View Quote

Front bottom tooth. I’m getting something called a flipper (idk what that is but it’s temporary) and already had some graft material put on my jaw bone in preparation for an implant. The implant takes months from the time you have an extraction until the time they put the actual tooth thing in.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

I have dreams where I get shot again and feel it just as vividly as the first time.  In this dream a tali canoed my head at the end (the breaking tooth worked into my dream the moment before it woke me up)
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#21]

This is truth. I need to go.

View Quote

I feel ya, just do it though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Front bottom tooth. I’m getting something called a flipper (idk what that is but it’s temporary) and already had some graft material put on my jaw bone in preparation for an implant. The implant takes months from the time you have an extraction until the time they put the actual tooth thing in.
View All Quotes

Oh, man.  Which tooth?  One in the back?

I've been putting off going to the dentist. I think I have a cracked tooth. Pain when I drink/eat hot or cold.

And I love my dentist, but I just don't have time/energy for it.

Still.  Will you get a bridge or anything?

My wife actually has an appointment Tuesday for the graft material thing for the tooth she broke a couple weeks ago.

We feel your physical and financial pain.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#23]

I have dreams where I get shot again and feel it just as vividly as the first time.  In this dream a tali canoed my head at the end (the breaking tooth worked into my dream the moment before it woke me up)
View All Quotes

That's fucked bro.

The fact you're a functional human being and not an alcoholic (right?) is pretty amazing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#24]

That's fucked bro.

The fact you're a functional human being and not an alcoholic (right?) is pretty amazing.
View Quote

Yeah I don’t drink or do drugs (besides caffeine and nicotine).

Want to know what blows my mind though? The fact that everyone, every single person in the military, , cops, firefighters, EMS, S&R, hospital staff , all that shit, they all know that drinking is literally the worst thing you can do if you are have some traumatic shit happening yet 95% or more stilll hit the bars or the bottle after bad shit happens. And they do it proudly, they do it as a group, they do it with a wink and nod from CO’s and supervisors. It fucking blows my mind and I’ll go to the grave begging everyone I know that’s going through stuff to stay away from booze and drugs, and I’ll lose to their immediate coworkers and bosses who still encourage it and excuse it even though they all know that they are just digging each others mental or physical graves.

/rant over
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:03:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrad197] [#25]

My wife actually has an appointment Tuesday for the graft material thing for the tooth she broke a couple weeks ago.

We feel your physical and financial pain.
View Quote

Yeah even with good insurance it’s still a huge expense, but from my understanding in the longer term it’s the best, longest lasting and easiest to maintain. I’ll keep telling myself that too no matter what.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#26]
@Ohio

You making it through these storms ok?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#27]
@Ohio

You making it through these storms ok?
View Quote

They are just warming up. Should be nasty in three or four hours.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Good luck man

Be praying for you guys
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Good luck man

Be praying for you guys
View All Quotes

Good luck man

Be praying for you guys

Thanks, we do appreciate it!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Want to know what blows my mind though? The fact that everyone, every single person in the military, , cops, firefighters, EMS, S&R, hospital staff , all that shit, they all know that drinking is literally the worst thing you can do if you are have some traumatic shit happening yet 95% or more stilll hit the bars or the bottle after bad shit happens. And they do it proudly, they do it as a group, they do it with a wink and nod from CO’s and supervisors. It fucking blows my mind and I’ll go to the grave begging everyone I know that’s going through stuff to stay away from booze and drugs, and I’ll lose to their immediate coworkers and bosses who still encourage it and excuse it even though they all know that they are just digging each others mental or physical graves.

/rant over
View All Quotes

That's fucked bro.

/rant over

I'm glad to know that about you. Your strength is inspirational.

My wife just got done with her bone graft and it went well.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Here comes the gust front.  Lots of lightning under the storm cloud.  I'm right at the right-hand window in the foreground.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Here comes the gust front.  Lots of lightning under the storm cloud.  I'm right at the right-hand window in the foreground.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35784/snapshot_2024_04_02_14_02_50_jpg-3176481.JPG
View Quote

A few moments later...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Damn!! That’s some intense shit!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Nice! I wonder if we will end up with implants on the same day and be dental twins.

I’m Actually curious about the time frame they told her? For me they said from the time of extraction to the whole implant being done it’s 8-9 months, so I’m hoping it’s a Christmas present to myself.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Nice! I wonder if we will end up with implants on the same day and be dental twins.

I’m Actually curious about the time frame they told her? For me they said from the time of extraction to the whole implant being done it’s 8-9 months, so I’m hoping it’s a Christmas present to myself.
View All Quotes

They told her three months for the implant, and three months for the crown after that. Your metabolism can play a part in how fast your graft heals. Men heal faster than women.

So basically 6 months for her
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#36]

They told her three months for the implant, and three months for the crown after that. Your metabolism can play a part in how fast your graft heals. Men heal faster than women.

View Quote

I’m trying to quit smoking so I’ll heal faster but it’s not going well. And by not going well I mean it’s not going at all.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#37]

I’m trying to quit smoking so I’ll heal faster but it’s not going well. And by not going well I mean it’s not going at all.
View All Quotes

I get it. Even after I quit I still would have about a pack a year. I quit for good when a urologist shoved a camera up my dick looking to see if I had nicotine induced bladder cancer. That suuuuuuucked.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#38]

I get it. Even after I quit I still would have about a pack a year. I quit for good when a urologist shoved a camera up my dick looking to see if I had nicotine induced bladder cancer. That suuuuuuucked.
View Quote

I had that done when I was bleeding from my urethra. Lots of fun.  Turned out to be a calcification build up in my prostate.
But hey, a colonoscopy holds no terror for us now.

I quit smoking in 2001 (Zyban). But I have been having dreams that I am smoking occasionally; I don't know what to make of it. I have no desire to go back to cigarettes.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I quit smoking after I was informed that I had lung cancer.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JohnPublic:

View Quote

How long ago was that?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#41]

I had that done when I was bleeding from my urethra. Lots of fun.  Turned out to be a calcification build up in my prostate.

I quit smoking in 2001 (Zyban). But I have been having dreams that I am smoking occasionally; I don't know what to make of it. I have no desire to go back to cigarettes.
View All Quotes

Fucking yikes
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#42]
That was 9/28/21. They removed portion of my lower right lung, I also have emphysema. My pulmonary function now is 30%.
This is mostly the result of being exposed to industrial toxins and smoking. 60yrs ago restrictions were very limited.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#43]
That was 9/28/21. They removed portion of my lower right lung, I also have emphysema. My pulmonary function now is 30%.
This is mostly the result of being exposed to industrial toxins and smoking. 60yrs ago restrictions were very limited.
View Quote

That was my 59th birthday.

Glad you made it; life was a lot more toxic back in the day.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Damn
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Oof. Were you conscious for that?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Oof. Were you conscious for that?
View Quote

Yes, completely.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Yes, completely.
View Quote

😬😬😬😬
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Today, I watched my Malinois spot this finch type bird flying full speed the opposite direction  he was moving, he turned around, ran it down, jumped a couple feet in the air, snatched it and murdered it. It was amazing and kinda fucked up all at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Starting my last week of work at this dopey job!
Page / 1008
Top Top