Wondering how many Connecticut shooters are here and where you shoot.[:\]

I shoot in Wallingford and East Windsor reduced
Camp Smith, Reading, Nashua,for X course
[beer]
Peter
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:12:21 AM EDT
[#1]
CT Shooter here.

Blue Trails in Wallingford.  Taking the g/f there on Sat for her first time shooting.

Elsewhere if I am shooting handguns.

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#2]
CT here too.
Shoot @ New Departure F&G  in Cheshire primarily.
Check out the State DEP range in Glastonbury.  Open Sundays only.  A poster here, Blackmanta, is a range officer there and trys to organize occasional black rifle shoots.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
50 round reduced NMC Sunday Fin Fur Feather Chaplin Ct.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
CT here also.
I shoot rifles at Blue Trails in Wallingford.
Handguns at E&B Pistol Range in Salem.( Can't shoot my AR with a 22lr conversion there, bummer! )
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot the pistol matches at the Connecticut State Rifle and Revolver Association range at Blue Trail.  If I have time I'll go up to High Rock in Naugatuck to shoot the black rifle.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Used to shoot up at Blue Trails, but I joined the Niantic Sportsmans Club. Blue Trails was nice though. The sportsmans club is closer(10 mins), and I know a bunch of members.

Buy my rifles through a buddy with FFL, or at Cubetas in Middlefield, and do a lot of business at E&B Sporting Goods in Salem. Bob is cool. It stinks though cuz he might go out of business soon!

If anyone organizes at CT shoot, my black rifle and I will definitely attend!
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone organized a CT shoot at the Glastonbury range over the summer.  Unfortunatly I was on vacation and coldn't make it.  I never heard anything about how it went.  If anyone knows of a range where they don't mind rapid fire maybe we can get together.  Blue Trail has those boards in front of the firing line so you can only shoot off the bench and you can't shoot rapid fire.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Do any of you shoot matches, would this be considered a shoot?
Sounds like most of you are in the southern part of the state, I am in eastern by UCONN.

[beer]

Peter
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Bumping for Blackmanta.

He organized the shoot earlier
He's a RO @ the DEP range in Glastonbury

I shot there yesterday with him.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone else planning on doing the northeast meet in Albany in January?? [:)]
The last one was great and B&J is as good as any we have around here!!![^]
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#11]
If I am not in South America for work that week, I should be up there.

Albany isn't too far a drive.

Link Posted: 11/30/2002 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Ansonia Rod and Gun Club and at the indoor range in Bridgeport.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Racer hope you are around!!  [:)]
It would be great to get a good size CT contingent to go up to show support and meet, maybe it would help to get some sort of northeast shoot organized.[shock]
For those that have not met the Avilla"s here is your chance ( although have not seen a post to say they are going to make it yet --- [but there local] HEHEHE!!)
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
The DEP range in Glastonbury is a good place to shoot.  We don't mind rapid fire and targets like cans, bowling pins, and old microwaves are fine to shoot at (as long as it won't cause a ricochet).

Also, as ZOG will attest, we get alot of SWAT and military guys there.  If you're nice to 'em they might let you try out a few of their "toys."

We're closing down soon because of the weather, but if some people want to put together a shoot on a Saturday or Sunday it might be fun.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I went to the AR shoot in Glastonbury this summer. Met some quality guys. Well worth the trip from NE CT.

There is an indoor range in Woodstock CT at the Putnam Fish and Game Club. Right now it is 50' (10 shooting stations) but there are plans to lengthen it to 100 yards for high power.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Manta  
Would love to join you for a shoot, let me know if you can still do it,
we have a "frostbite"  match the last Sunday of the month all winter at EWSC if any one is interestsed

SG
sounds like you are  from the southern part of our little state!!!
WG
Great to here there is someone in my part of CT.

Would any of you consider the get together in Albany??? What about Manta's idea in Glastonbury first to meet each other, then Albany???
[beer]

Link Posted: 11/30/2002 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#18]
wobblin-gobblin. whats the requirements to shoot @ the putnam rod and gun? do you have to know a member or be a member?
i live in putnam and never seen them advertise for a shoot?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Either Wolf's indoor range in Bristol, or High Rock range in Naugatuck...at least until I'm off the waiting list for Metacon in Simsbury.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Helldog, Yup, just alittle bit up the road from the 4 corners on 85. Yes their prices are still alittle high. I think the owner is trying to sell the place.
Thinkin I just might go shooting their tomorrow!
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Northwest Connecticut Rod & Gun Club in Canaan, CT.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Pete, I also shoot at EWSC and just finished putting together a black rifle to shoot--converted an SP1 upper to post ban and put it on a  RR lower. I'll be at the club tomorrow morning.

Chris
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
wobblin-gobblin. whats the requirements to shoot @ the putnam rod and gun? do you have to know a member or be a member?
i live in putnam and never seen them advertise for a shoot?
View Quote

You can visit a total of two times with a member in good standing. Then you have to join the club. It is located on Stone Bridge Rd. in Woodstock behind the Woodstock Fair.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Rag
Metacon is a great club, heard they are trying to put 500 or 600 yd range in, would be great to have one in CT
GW
Used to party out in Norfolk, true New England country out your way!!!

Chris
Congrats on your first!!
Not sure if I have met you --I do the pig roast now since Rod gave it up...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top