Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2002 7:21:33 PM EDT
  I have an idea,...
I just saw an add for Michael Moore's new movie "[u]Bowling for Columbine[/u]", It showed little attempts at humor, and cartoon segments of the film.
I thought to myself, "[b]I wonder how the parents of the kids who were killed at Columbine feel about the title of this film[/b]" It does, afterall, make a reference to a very tragic event in which people were murdered...and it tries to make it sound [b]humorous[/b].
[b]Bowling[/b] for [b]Columbine[/b]?...I mean REALLY,...is [b]THAT[/b] the most original title he could come up with?

[b]ANYWAY[/b], here is my Idea:
[b]WRITE!, and/or CALL[/b]! your local Theatre chains, and tell them yopu are [b]EXTREMELY OFFENDED[/b] by the title of this movie, and you will [b]BOYCOTT[/b] their establishment if they choose to show this ridiculous film.
[b]DO THE SAME THING WITH THE VIDEO STORE CHAINS[/b]
Dont even bring up the GUN CONTROL aspect in your letters,...[b]FOCUS ON THE OFFENSIVE TITLE[/b]
That title makes the movie sound like it is a [b]COMEDY[/b] about the [b]COLUMBINE TRAGEDY[/b], play up that angle  (Michael Moore makes a living of "spinning" things into something they really are not...use his own tactic against him)

[b]Moderators[/b], If you think this is worthy of the effort, please tack it.
I personally hate Michael More enough to think it is worth it...And from the commercial I just saw on TV, this movie is a HUGE effort to make gun owners look stupid/crazy/murderous/fannatical
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Taht is a great idea.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Good idea.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
GREAT Idea!!! And I too think we should TACK IT!
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Posted by madmedic...
Go after Michael Moore,...where it HURTS
View Quote

And where would that be... his red and chaffed inner thighs??? [puke]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]THE MODERATORS HAVE MY APPROVAL FOR A TACKING.[/b]

Uh, I mean, I think it should be tacked as well, if the Moderators wish to do so. At their convenience......

Scott

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:03:39 AM EDT
[#6]
My understanding is United Artists already has plans to screen it only in the largest markets, where this kind of BS is popular. San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Boston, etc. It's likely the local guys will never show it at all. So, if you want to see it (right), you'll have to wait until it's released on video/DVD.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My understanding is United Artists already has plans to screen it only in the largest markets, where this kind of BS is popular. San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Boston, etc. It's likely the local guys will never show it at all. So, if you want to see it (right), you'll have to wait until it's released on video/DVD.
View Quote

Hrm.....I work in the Mount Laurel/Cherry Hill area of New Jersey. There's a Ritz Theater in the Voorhees area which has ads up and will be showing it, and I wouldn't call Voorhees a 'largest market' by any chance of the imagination. It's more of an art house type place, showing a lot of movies that are below the mainstream (one of the only theaters in my area to have Spirited Away), things you'd expect to see at film festivals and such. Sure, it's not gonna show up at the local cineplex, but if you have any art house theaters, second run type places, it wouldn't hurt to check there, as they may very well also show it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:38:06 AM EDT
[#8]
That's our Marxist Elite Leftists for you
They decry violence on one the hand and glamorize and exploit it with the other...
Follow the money...
When there are enough acts of violence they will get their police state..They are counting on the people to demand it..and lay down their freedom to get safety..
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:01:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or just pirate it.  See it without lining his pockets.

I honestly have no problem with the movie itself, its the title that pisses me off.

I bet his next movie will be "World Trade Center Memorial Softball Tournament"
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Someone said in a post somewhere that it is not screening in Colorado.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#11]
They aint showing that fuck stain of a movie in my town!!!  I just checked[:d]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Example letter anyone?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#13]
"Bowling For Columbine" is showing in Denver next week. It has graphic footage of Klebold & Harris shooting up the cafeteria. Already some Libs are trying to ban it for having that footage in the film.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#14]
You know, I wrote an article about this scumbag once on my website... a site which I started and never really finished.

[url]http://www.ultraheavy.com/viewPage.asp?pageID=32[/url]

Please let me know what you think!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Sturmgewehr44....That article was really good.
If you were to "clean up" the language in it just a bit, It would be EXCELLENT material to send in for newspaper editorial columns.
And you could add some stuff about his [b]OFFENSIVE NEW COMEDY about the COLUMBINE TRAGEDY[/b]
I am quite sure that MOST sheeple only know Michael Moore from his old TV show "TV Nation"
which did not even come close to portraying his true level of assmonkeyness.
I think his TRUE, non-television self would even piss off many [b]Liberals[/b] if they really knew what he was all about.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Hit Michael Moore where it hurts? Get Krispy Kreme donuts to stop production for awhile. His fat, communist ass will be in misery.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#17]
How about posting Mr. Moores address on billboards along Maryland highways? And things will workout for the better.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#18]
As if we did not already have enough reason to DISPISE (said in my best Bob Grant impersonation BTW) Michael Moore, don't forget his comments immediately after the Sept. 11 attacks.

[i]"Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die.
If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California--these were places that voted AGAINST Bush! Why kill them?"[/i]

This guy just ain't right in the head!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:04:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As if we did not already have enough reason to DISPISE (said in my best Bob Grant impersonation BTW) Michael Moore, don't forget his comments immediately after the Sept. 11 attacks.

[i]"Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die.
If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California--these were places that voted AGAINST Bush! Why kill them?"[/i]

This guy just ain't right in the head!!!
View Quote

OH NO WAY!!!! I cannot believe someone actually said that... What a moron.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Up here in NorCal, it looks like it's only showing in small, artsy-fartsy theaters.

And in these cities:

Berkeley - Communists.
Oakland - Liberals.
San Francisco - Freaks.
Mill Valley - Liberals.
Palo Alto - Liberals with money.
San Jose - Liberals.

My guess is it will remain on the coast, never coming inland more than 15 miles. We all know that's where the liberals live.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#21]
hey guys.  im in liberal san jose, and i was invited by a couple of work buddies to see this movie tonight.  they know i like to shoot, and they have even been to the range with me.  They are not anti gun, even though they dont own guns, however they love mike moore.  they probably will be taken in by this gay ass movie.    

help me out,  how do i change this, and what should i say?

i will make fun of him while im there, no doubt about it.

ps. remember that they are WORK buddies.  I cant start any bitterness.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Sure, make fun of him while you fork over cash to see his movie?

Don't go.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
hey guys.  im in liberal san jose, and i was invited by a couple of work buddies to see this movie tonight.  they know i like to shoot, and they have even been to the range with me.  They are not anti gun, even though they dont own guns, however they love mike moore.  they probably will be taken in by this gay ass movie.    

help me out,  how do i change this, and what should i say?

i will make fun of him while im there, no doubt about it.

ps. remember that they are WORK buddies.  I cant start any bitterness.
View Quote

Repeat this quote that was posted by NYPatriot to your friends:

"[i]Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die.
If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California--these were places that voted AGAINST Bush! Why kill them?[/i]"

[b]THAT ALONE[/b] shows what a [b]SLIMY PIECE of FAT FILLED SHIT mICHAEL mOORE is.

If you go to the movie...Loudly point out the lies, and mis-representations ([i]Of which there are a bunch Im sure[/i])
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I personally think it would be funny if he was skinned alive. I would pay to see that but that would be th only thing I would see of his work.

Another name for the list.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#25]
HEY,...I just got [b]ANOTHER[/b] idea.

Write to the editorial page of all your local papers saying you [b]SAW[/b] the movie while you were on vacation in [b]Berkley, CA[/b],...[i]or any other place it is showing[/i]
Write a "review" of the movie, telling how [b]horrible[/b] it is...How it is a [b]BIG WASTE OF ADMISSION PRICE[/b], ect ect.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, Im happy to say that none of my local theatres are planning on showing this POS anyway.

I will only need to write to the video stores.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#27]
In the feedbag?  what a POS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top