Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2002 6:50:26 PM EDT
I have seen these advertised and I need to find one. It is a pistol or a laser that attaches to your pistol and a target that shows the hits. Where can I get one. I have a friend who is a LEO and he had a brain tumor removed and is still in the hospitol after 3 months. He is an avid shooter and I think something like this would really cheer him up and help him with his hand-eye coordination. Please no LEO bashing on this thread, this guy is one of the good ones.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Beam Hit ([url]http:www.beamhit.com[/url])

If you're an NRA member, they've got a special going on their web site:  [url]http://www.nra.org/modules/beamhit/190pmts.cfm[/url]

I've never used any of their systems, but a co-worker has the NRA setup and said it was pretty neat.  You do need a computer for this one - it evidently has a video camera that connects to your computer, and then the PC uses this to "read" the laser dot when you dry-fire your gun.

I saw a recent show on the Discover Channel (I think) called Basic Training where they showed Army recruits using the standalone Beam Hit system with their M-16s.

I don't like the looks of the large laser module that comes with the basic systems.  Their web site seems to indicate that there's a smaller version that fits more of the module inside your barrel (so it can be used with a holster).
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link. The one I'm thinking about doesn't require a computer, I'm trying to find something he can use in his hospitol room.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Beamhit makes a simple one: detector/target hangs on a wall like a plaque and a laser mounted on a caliber specific arbor slips into the barrel.

First time I saw one it was at a local gunshop. The owners decided that since everyone who looked at pistols was holding them up to sight and asking if they could dry fire, why not do that and show them how the sights worked?

Try this:[url]http://www.beamhit.com/products/110System.htm[/url]

BTW Check with hospital administration first: 1) firearms posessed by anyone other than security are considered a no no 2) Hospitals are not the most secure places, things have a tendency to walk off.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the link. The one I'm thinking about doesn't require a computer, I'm trying to find something he can use in his hospitol room.
View Quote

This system appears to use a real firearm. Are they going to let him have it in the hospitial?
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks talbalos, thats what I was looking for. His wife, who is a LEO also, has talked to the admin. and OK'ed anything we can find that is safe and that will help. She can secure it so that will not be a problem. I think this will make one really happy guy, I know it would help me if I were in his position.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks talbalos, thats what I was looking for. His wife, who is a LEO also, has talked to the admin. and OK'ed anything we can find that is safe and that will help. She can secure it so that will not be a problem. I think this will make one really happy guy, I know it would help me if I were in his position.
View Quote

Glad to be of help. My best wishes for his recovery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top