Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 7:30:53 PM EDT
I was at a customers today and they mentioned they were seeing some long distance calls to Yemen in the last couple months.  They did some checking, and it looks like their pbx had a hole in it and someone from Brooklyn, ND was making calls to Yemen using these guys' phone switch.  I asked if they had notified the FBI, and they did but the FBI didn't seem too excited about the whole thing.  

Can you say WTF????  Is the FBI made up of complete idiots?  Some of the calls were for up to 7 hours!
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can you say WTF????  Is the FBI made up of complete idiots?  Some of the calls were for up to 7 hours!
View Quote

No, can you say "phone sex"?
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
yemeni phone sex??? That's got to sound interesting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, in Yemini telephone sex, the woman usually discusses her headdress in a particularly brazen and salacious manner.

Maybe throws in a lewd comment about her sandals.

Ding! Yo' time is up.

Eric The(Brazen)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the FBI made up of complete idiots?  Some of the calls were for up to 7 hours!
View Quote

Yes and no. They are also over-burdened with more tips than they can reasonably follow up on.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
How the hell can somebody be on their PBX if somebody ther did not let then on?

What type of swich is it?
You should set up new passwords and not say anything to anobody other that the owner/manager and see who b!cths about it.

I think somebody said they tryed to set up a camp in ND[:\]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Can you say WTF????  Is the FBI made up of complete idiots?  
View Quote

Duh- F.B.I = [b]F[/b]vcking [b]B[/b]unch of [b]I[/b]diots
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
There are ways to hijack a PBX and make LD calls.  If the admin does not set up the proper security measures, you can call a number, grab a line on the PBX and get outside dial-tone.

It isn't new and has been exploited by hackers in the past.

[url]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=hijack+pbx[/url]

A quick search will show you how to do it and prevent it.

Please, secure your PBXs!

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How the hell can somebody be on their PBX if somebody ther did not let then on?

What type of swich is it?
You should set up new passwords and not say anything to anobody other that the owner/manager and see who b!cths about it.

I think somebody said they tryed to set up a camp in ND[:\]
View Quote

I don't work with phone systems, but it is possible.  People have been doing this for years.  Also, this wasn't in ND.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top