Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 11:20:55 AM EDT
He had his credit card number stolen and some schmoes printed up their own card with his number.

They then went from here in Seattle, to Beaverton, Oregon to an Office supply store and purchased an HP Laptop and a Minolta Photo printer (and some other little stuff).

Anyway to make a long story short- We're having a pint and I'm going over the police report & receipts(They struck the clerk as suspicious so he wrote down every detail including their License plate number-which was not stolen, we drove by the house it came back to and the truck is there) The description of the perps is 3 males of middle eastern descent with heavy accents.

So it pops into my head [thinking] laptop + photoprinter = making fake ID's. So I had him call the FBI on these turkeys yesterday. Most likely, I think, they are making ID's for their little credit card ring or worst case they are making ID's to get their little buddies in from Canada. (or they want to take pictures of their dog, and send them to mom...who knows)

Anyway, the call has been made, and they are looking into it. I'll let you know if anything develops out of it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting case.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#2]
It is interesting. Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#3]
What about a good ass kickin?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top