Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2002 4:29:03 PM EDT
A week or so ago I read a post here or another gun board regarding a job interview and the potential new hire asked about the companys gun policy. The handbook rule was quoted which read favorably, to the extent if it was legal for one to carry concealed then it wasn't against company policy. Anyway, I'm looking for examples of the the exact text that appears in policy handbooks favoring gun owners right to carry.

Why? Well my wife told me about a co-worker that they just hired whose company didn't forbid you carrying concealed if you were licensed to do so. My wife writes the policy for her company and is licensed to carry & an LFI grad. Presently the company she works for doesn't allow weapons acording to the employee handbook, since she is second only to the boss & handles the payroll & banking and is often around after hours, she carries in spite of the policy. She intends to rewrite & get approved the policy in favor of gun owners so other employees can carry concealed if they decide to do so & she would like to have some examples of favorable policy text. How about that? She's also refering interested employees to me for firearms training. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could help with the wording, but at my work we don't have a written policy. It's more of a verbal policy that goes something like this: "Hey, what kind of gun are you carrying? NONE!? What the hell's wrong with you?! All of the rest of us are. If you think you're gonna get a free ride on all of us you better think again. Get with the goddam program!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top