Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2002 12:16:00 PM EDT
I have a beutiful Pre Ban Bush master. I bought it almost two years ago since I bought it I have replaced the old XM-177E2 type barrel with a new Bush master chrome lined M-4 14.5" barrel with a phantom flash suppressor welded on at the factory along with new gas tube and CAR-15 forend (never have liked the feel of teh M-4 forend) anyways I also replaced the 3 position aluminum stock with a fiberlite 4 position stock that bushmaster carries. I replaced the sites with trijicon nite sites front and rear and bought a new carry handle (A3 reciever) the upper and lower match perfectly and the finish is the older baked on enamle type finish rather than the dull park finish. The recievers are in great shape. I have a weaver scope mount with a 4X Bushnell scope, 2 aftermarket mags 30's and three I beleive 40 round USA mags 2 bayonets one foreign and one M-7 and a tactical sling  (not the best but it all came with the rifle when I bought it). I have since purchased for it 10 GI refirbished 30 round mags, cleaning kit GI, Bagmaster discreet carry bag OD, wilson Combat front site mount for a SureFire 6P tactical light and a red flip up lense for the surefire, (along with the upgrade in hardware)I have probably 2900.00 over all invested in it. I have fired maybe 1500 rounds with no problems it will shoot any kind of ammo you want (good ammo that is) No junk ammo through it.I have cleared easily 400 Yard lines at the range with this AR. It looks like an M-4. I said all that to ask you all this question. I love this rifle but I am thinking of getting rid of it for a Springfeild M1A and 17 USGI 20's and see if I can master it or build a bolt gun for 600+yrds. I am just wondering what I should do If it's a stupid move I won't do it but I have been jonesing for a new long gun. I prefer to stick with one long gun at a time to work with. I am not sure this is making since my Girl Friend can't understand but she isn't a gun person. Guys if ya'll can give me some input I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep your preban and save up the money for a NIB M1A..

Just my .2cents worth.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
 Get rid of it ??  Did you have your coffee today ?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
MPA249,

Brother, keep your preban and protect it with your life. Believe me, and I cannot overstate this, we are all (gun owners) in some serious dung over this last "shooting spree". When it finally hits the fan, I wouldn't be surprised if Imbroglio's "10-22 and a .38" banner doesn't come true. You can get a long gun or even an M1A for probably quite some time from now, but for the "black rifle", and this goes for all of us, keep what you have and get all you can because our days are just about over. Do some overtime at work or pimp yourself out to save the cash for your craving, but DO NOT SELL YOUR AR15!!!!!

TARFU

Edited to say, after reading this again, are you out of your f-ing mind?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Please dont even think that way. Keep your AR till your last breath. I have a pre ban colt lower and two uppers. will never part with them. by the way now is a good time to stock up on reloading supplies just in case. at least i am. let me say reloading supplies in case our all knowing government should ban 556/223ammo. I would never suggest that someone would ever have to defend our homes from well meaning Nazis, did i say Nazis, i ment BATF. Oh dont worry we have Mr. Ashcroft in there now, he would never let our rights be violated. HAHAHAH
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I would never sell that rifle.  I'm never letting go of my run of the mill post ban bushmaster... especially after recent events and the uncertain future of our beloved AR-15's.  I plan to get as many as I can, while I still can.  Next purchase will definately be a pre-ban.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I never sell guns.

[i]That[/i] rifle, I'd consider being buried with.

Save up for the M1A.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]
DO NOT SELL.  M1As are not the rifles being bashed right now.  They'll be around for a while.  ARs WON'T.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input see I am already saving as best I can for a Wilson CQB Tactical with Ambi safety and extended mag well along with a standard Scattergun Tech 870 and a Choate stock with pistol grip. Along with all my Oh S@&t gear and my gear that I need for my job I am not issued. Plus I carry an A2 that I am issued and we are hearing we will be gettin M-4's soon.  
I like to concertrain on one long gun Centerfire that is at a time to be so familiar with it I don't even think. I was thinking of maybe the bolt gun "precicion rifle concept" and the shotgun and 45 for my home defense/ tactical practice and training.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't even THINK of selling it..you WILL regret it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep it. Just as a sword was to my ancestors, on earth it's your life.

Keep it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#12]
For Gods sake keep, it man. I'm with the majority on this one. Save your ching for the M1A. When I was younger I had collected a PreBan AR-15 and an AR-180, when I joined the service in 86 I sold them both along with a few other rifles to buy a truck that is sitting in a junkyard now. Life can be a bitch.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#13]
yeah, keep it.

but what i wanna know is why you had the flash suppressor welded if it's a pre-ban?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
yeah, keep it.

but what i wanna know is why you had the flash suppressor welded if it's a pre-ban?
View Quote

The 14.5" barrel is under the legal 16" limit. Permanently mounting the flash hider brings the total overall length of the barrel assembly over the 16" minimum length.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah, keep it.

View Quote

The 14.5" barrel is under the legal 16" limit. Permanently mounting the flash hider brings the total overall length of the barrel assembly over the 16" minimum length.
View Quote

aha!  i wasn't even thinking of the length aspect.  just got caught in the "one track mind" thing with the pre ban and weld issue.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 4:07:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Mainly I have been toying with the idea of an MBR in 308 such as a stock M-1A standard maybe upgrading to a NM barrel and trigger possibly the sites too this would be a field gun. I was going to equip it with a NM black leather GI sling and 4 new M-14 ammo pouches if I can find them and as many USGI 20's as I can find.
-OR-
a Remmington 700 PSS or Varmiter 24" free float the barrelre crown it get a trigger job done. Mount on the Leupold MK4 rings and mount either a M-3 Tactical w/ 1/4min adjustment knobs(have to send it back in to Leupold for that I know) and BDC w/ Mildot recticle. The bubble level other wise known as teh "anti cant system" NM leather sling and Versapod. I would get a pelican case for it and a laser range finder allong with spotting scope and shooting mat, 1000 rounds of federal gold match 168gr JHP to train with. I like the CQB tactical aspected of my "M-4" but I enjoy the longer range of 308. I know the AR's are in the lime light and all and they are probably next to go but I keep thinking of maybe a little more punch and reach for oh s%@t days if they appear besides if it is head for the hills time I plan on laying low anyways not taking on an army. Mainly though it is for fun and becoming a better rifleman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top