Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:28:01 AM EDT
[#1]
He was just the liberal summer activist's trendy cause. Once it fell out of fashion to be concerned about it, the media stopped caring.

Not that he wasn't a bad guy, but it seems most activism these days is just feel good causes so that liberal college students can pretend like they're changing the world.

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 5:28:43 AM EDT
[#3]
People found something else to focus their white savior guilt on.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]
lol at all of those simultaneously mocking "libtards" for the Kony 2012 Video thing, while cleaslry demonstrating that the video in question is the extent of what they know about the man and the LRA as well.

FWIW, that video got a helluva lot of exposure here in GD.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, what I heard from reddit:

Kony heard a bunch of privileged middle-class white kids were really upset with him, so he packed it all in and went home.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 6:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]
The FB page got over a million likes and the Predators flew down in their pimping space ship and stabbed that mother fucker with his awesome wrist blade sword things.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I was pretty happy when the guy who made the Kony 2012 video had that breakdown and got arrested for running around naked.  

I do believe that we should give aid to Africa, but we cannot just throw money at problems.  We need African solutions for African problems and the 2012 Kony campaign was only going to get tons of rich people to throw more money at problems without researching first.  Uninformed Aid is bad for Africa.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#8]
The best aid we can give to Africa is to let them deal with their own shit and ass out.  Those people have been killing each other since the dawn of time.  Their not gonna stop just cause some rich Americans with racial identity problems feel guilty for being white and want to justify their existence by giving money.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#9]
The guy who made the Kony videos has some sort of mental breakdown and ran naked through the streets while babbling nonsense.

I wonder what his screen name is?
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Careful, if you take this too far you'll end up naked and jacking it in San Diego
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Been saving this since the original threads (stole it from one of 'em, too) :

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/K3mgn.jpg

"Mother of God..."  Fucking epic.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#12]
If ya postin' bout Kony I feel bad for ya, son
He snatched 99 children and your post saved none
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Facebook and YouTube beat him into submission.

Yeah. We finally got enough "likes" and he stepped down. It was a great facebook victory!

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who gives a shit?

Dude, you don't like follow international stuff because there was like a FB campaign because Kony is like really bad and stuff.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
lol at all of those simultaneously mocking "libtards" for the Kony 2012 Video thing, while cleaslry demonstrating that the video in question is the extent of what they know about the man and the LRA as well.

No doubt that the Kony 2012 vid was a brilliant piece of IO, but at the end of the day, vital interests remain so.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The best aid we can give to Africa is to let them deal with their own shit and ass out.  Those people have been killing each other since the dawn of time.  Their not gonna stop just cause some rich Americans with racial identity problems feel guilty for being white and want to justify their existence by giving money.

Except we need the oil that comes from the region, and the minerals that are running your computer and phone.  The world economy kind of stops without that stuff
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt that the Kony 2012 vid was a brilliant piece of IO, but at the end of the day, vital interests remain so.

+1 and add to that Kony 2012 severely irritated those of us who have spent years studying the LRA and the region.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I was in Uganda and the Congo in early March. Kony has dug deep into the jungle in Congo.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except we need the oil that comes from the region, and the minerals that are running your computer and phone.  The world economy kind of stops without that stuff

Then we buy the shit from them.  Money talks.  Them making me a cell phone has nothing to do with one dude hacking another up with a machete cause his grand daddy fuck a goat.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then we buy the shit from them.  Money talks.  Them making me a cell phone has nothing to do with one dude hacking another up with a machete cause his grand daddy fuck a goat.

The essential materials for all electronics come from the region.  If they are hacking each other up then those minerals do not make to the rest of the world.  I hate to break it to you, but what happens there does have an affect upon the global market which impacts us all.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#21]
The only thing that happened to Kony was a large amount of hilarious photochops.

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should give a crap about Africa, because China does.  The next 100 years are going to be centered on Chinese and American influence in Africa, competing for natural resources which are increasingly more expensive and necessary.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Been saving this since the original threads (stole it from one of 'em, too) :

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/K3mgn.jpg

Fucking awesome needs to be modified to have Broadwell's head bobbing up and down in the General's lap.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
He moved out of Africa and is in line to be the next dictator of Detroit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Or the Duke of New York

The organizer of the Kony 2012 project completely lost his shit right after that campaign hit.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Picture-151.png

I'll tell you where they went wrong. They used facebook page likes into thinking it actually meant receiving money like for example you'll occasionally get this spam "Like this and if we get 2 million likes the doctor will perform my baby boys emergency heart operation"

Naked and jacking it in San Diego

Another brilliant South Park episode.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top