Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/28/2002 8:43:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2002 9:07:48 PM EDT by Winston_Wolf]
... Anyone here know of Jesse James? ... Yes, I know, it's on Discovery Channel [i]again[/i]. .... But really, anyone know Jesse or Mike at either ... [url]http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/[/url] [url]http://www.racepages.com/damons/[/url] ... I consider myself lucky to say [u]I do[/u]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:01:42 PM EDT
Thanks for the link, Winston_Wolf.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:10:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2002 9:12:40 PM EDT by Winston_Wolf]
... You're a smart-alec [b]BusMaster007[/b] [B)] ... You might have considered letting me know first knucklehead!
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:11:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:15:01 PM EDT
... Al, it gets chicks mon! (even though we really know you always do!)
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:19:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:20:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf: ... You're a smart-alec [b]BusMaster007[/b] [B)] ... You might have considered letting me know first knucklehead!
View Quote
HUH? What'd I do now?
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:25:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:28:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2002 9:29:55 PM EDT by Winston_Wolf]
... yes [b]TREETOP[/b], I have a biking problem [:D] [edit]... drunkin' code problem
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:43:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:16:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TREETOP: Some time we've gotta hang out. It seems our paths cross often, just at different times.
View Quote
... [b]TREETOP[/b] I agree! ... 'tis funny to think you are only within a 5 miles radius (max) and we've not met. Sucks. WTF? IM me, I'll give my address bro. ... at least we'll meet October 19, 2002
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 11:51:35 PM EDT
The only reason Jesse Jame's is doing this Discovery channel stuff now is he just cant get enough of that nose candy. I seriously think twice about buying a true Harley Davidson.Their customer service sucks their products suck. The best and cheapest way is to comission one you can get parts through Custom Chrome.You can have it done the way you want it.I dont like the Twin Cam motor nor do i like that tiny thingy the V-Rod calls an Engine. Custom Chrome has a EVO engine 88 cubes thats bad as hell.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 12:28:30 AM EDT
Yur gonna catch it now usmc..... [>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 12:34:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 1:06:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2002 1:08:37 AM EDT by TREETOP]
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 2:20:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:35:56 AM EDT
Knowing his reputation, I would never proudly say that I know this guy. He is a poor parent, a thug, and not very bright. The TV show displays this as well. But he does make darn good aftermarket fenders (which is what keeps him in business).
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:39:04 AM EDT
I got rid of my bike. I could kill myself on a fuckin' Vespa.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 9:43:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 4:54:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2002 5:05:25 PM EDT by prebanman]
i should refrain from getting into a bike debate. just wanted to add my bone stock 1988 suzuki katana 600cc would pull slightly over 135mph. some of those hardleys have a cool factor , but it isnt raw performance numbers. i wouldnt try to outrun a police cruiser with 135mph top speed. crown vic with police package even with light bar wouldnt be far behind! bad ass to me is fighting to keep front end down while grabbing 3rd around 90mph ( on a street legal, but race modified GSXR 750cc) god help any of you guys with 1000,1100 , or 1300cc jap. bikes.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 4:59:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:21:23 PM EDT
He does do nice work,puts out nice bikes,to much for me,oh well,maybe a fender some day...Sure there are faster bikes out there, if that is what you want. I will keep my 92 and in the future, I would be willing to bet that it is worth more than ANY Jap bike made the same year,and I will turn alot more heads in the mean-time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 2:01:26 AM EDT
Well im not the biggest Willie G guy,I think he is robbing people blind. I think if you want a Harley Davidson type bike you better be prepared to work on it,Harley does not even cover their own "Screaming Eagle" parts under your warranty put on by their Mechanics.So your stuck with a stock Harley Davidson. God forbid your Harley breaks down,Which on contrary to this new belief Harley's break down it's in their nature,and your out in the middle of nowhere and you have to work on it,oops Voided Warranty.Harley Shops wont touch that bike unless it comes out of your pocket and the Parts prices are insane so is their labor rate. If you know bikes its your best bet to put together a Kit or have it done for you and be done with it.Most guys that this is their life style dont ride stock Harley's.They have a word for people who dont do this as a lifestyle,your a RUB.I know thats kinda harsh but thats how they see people who are not in their lifestyle. The Bikers dont know though its the RUB's that keep this industry afloat. AS FAR AS BEING FLAMED ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD I DONT CARE,IF THEY WANT TO FLAME ME THATS OK THEY ARE INTITLED TO DO IT IF THEY WANT. IM JUST TELLING IT HOW I SEE IT.MAN IF YOU CANT TAKE ADVICE OR ANY OTHER VIEW POINTS GOOD GOD,WHY POST IT IF YOU DONT WANT SOMEONES OPINION. SO FLAME ON!
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 4:35:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2002 5:10:33 AM EDT by Arock]
[img]http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/images/gallery/army/a.gif[/img] [img]http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/images/gallery/army/b.gif[/img] [img]http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/images/gallery/army/c.gif[/img] [b]If you're not running drugs or women you're just an enthusiast.[/b]
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 4:40:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By usmc0311: Well im not the biggest Willie G guy,I think he is robbing people blind. I think if you want a Harley Davidson type bike you better be prepared to work on it,Harley does not even cover their own "Screaming Eagle" parts under your warranty put on by their Mechanics.So your stuck with a stock Harley Davidson. God forbid your Harley breaks down,Which on contrary to this new belief Harley's break down it's in their nature,and your out in the middle of nowhere and you have to work on it,oops Voided Warranty.Harley Shops wont touch that bike unless it comes out of your pocket and the Parts prices are insane so is their labor rate. If you know bikes its your best bet to put together a Kit or have it done for you and be done with it.Most guys that this is their life style dont ride stock Harley's.They have a word for people who dont do this as a lifestyle,your a RUB.I know thats kinda harsh but thats how they see people who are not in their lifestyle. The Bikers dont know though its the RUB's that keep this industry afloat. AS FAR AS BEING FLAMED ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD I DONT CARE,IF THEY WANT TO FLAME ME THATS OK THEY ARE INTITLED TO DO IT IF THEY WANT. IM JUST TELLING IT HOW I SEE IT.MAN IF YOU CANT TAKE ADVICE OR ANY OTHER VIEW POINTS GOOD GOD,WHY POST IT IF YOU DONT WANT SOMEONES OPINION. SO FLAME ON!
View Quote
I have no problem with you telling it how you see it, what i have a problem with is the fact that you don't know what you're talking about. 90% of shops WILL cover screamin' eagle parts. Its other aftermarket crap that will void your warranty, just like jap bikes, just like cars (do you think Ford is going to cover your Mustang once you put a blower on it?). If you're concerned about breaking down out in the middle of nowhere, join HOG, and get the roadside assistance. If you get the deluxe, you get "emergency travel expense", in other words a hotel room if they have to keep your bike overnight to fix it. ALL labor rates are excessive, even the Jap shops. There are many indie shops though that are certified for HD maintenance and warranty work, and their rates tend to be a little lower than the HD shops. I am also confused. You talk about how important warranty service is, yet you make fun of so called "RUBs" that don't do their own wrenching. Which is it? As far as kit bikes, that's where you REALLY need your wrenching skills. I have a guy on my jobsite with a kit bike, and its constantly broken. I own a Sportster 1200 Sport, and my girlfriend rides a Hugger. If I could afford it I'd own a Big Dog Boxer or Pro Sport, but I don't currently have a spare $25k. We went for a 150 mile ride on Sunday, and I ride to work when I can. I openly call myself a RUB, even though I do my own wrenching, and ride more often that most of the hardcore "bikers" that I know. I ride further, harder, and faster than any of the drunk-ass bar hoppers that are part of the "lifestyle". Treetop, I am envious of the Vrod. I am hoping to ride one at Biketoberfest (which I'm riding to, not trailoring), and I'm sure that will make me want it even more. I'm also going to ride the new Buell, which may be more realistic for me. Around here Vrods are going for $25k right now, and for that $$ I'd rather have a Big Dog. Now if I could find one for MSRP, I'd sell my truck to get it. Lordtrader, I can't believe a gun nut would actually say that bikes killed their friends. Bikes are like guns, they don't kill anyone. Stupidity and alcohol kill virtually all bikers. 92% of motorcycle accidents involve untrained riders. If these guys weren't too tough to take the MSF course, they'd still be alive. Close to that same # of accidents involve a rider who's been drinking. I don't drink and ride, and I took the MSF course, so I figure I'll never get in a wreck. Of course, I still wear a helmet, sometimes a full face. But that's ok, I'm just a RUB anyway.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 5:07:22 AM EDT
I have a pretty heavily customized Screaming Eagle Deuce and a Low Rider for my wife. I am a RUB. My Harley dealer does indeed cover the ALL of the customizations that THEY put on. I think this is a fair deal. Afterall, if I buy the parts from them and have someone else put it on, how can a situation like that fit in any warranty program. In addition, I have had several friends who had bought the farm, or part of it, and in ALL cases, alchohol or ego was involved. Ususally the alchohol brought in the ego. I am in a HOG chapter and I ride conservatively most of the time. When I do gun it up, it's on roads I know, with friends whom I clearly know their riding ethic. I plan on riding for a long time. As for Jesse James, his reputation has outreached his skill level and talent a long time ago. He sell his bikes on the same principle as BMW, Mercedes Benz, or Jaguar - SNOB FACTOR. The Discovery Channed didnt mention his marketing department or PR firm. At a West Coast Chopper bike's price point, only the rich and famous can afford or even get a JJ bike. And what real biker, non RUB, would want one anyway. The real bikers ride panheads or shovels, or knuckles. The RUBs ride the $40,000 bikes. The real bikers, the lifestyler's, ride the old iron, no counterbalanced engines, water cooled, fairing,windsheild, DVD playing, luggage attachment, or $10,000 paintjobs. Here's how you can spot the RUB's - they are as interested in their t-shirt collection as applying the next coat of was on their less than 1 year old bike that costs greater than $20,000.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 5:24:26 AM EDT
usmc0311, you're right about Jesse James doing Discovery,it's money for the big "D"! -not drugs,spell it... D*I*V*O*R*I*C*E !! that tatoo on his palm changed from "pay up sucker" to "pay out" LOL
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 6:38:00 AM EDT
always been more of a car guy (because I'd probably kill myself on a bike). I also think that a good percentage of bike accidents are caused by inattentive and idiot drivers. I've seen several close ones here caused by idiot soccer moms in vans or suv's that are yammering on their cell phones and change lanes either into or just in front of bikers. Just trying to be fair, (the "most bikers kill themselves" with ego or alcohol isn't quite as true now as it used to be).
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 6:52:58 AM EDT
You're right, if someone T-bones you running a red light, there's little you can do about it. But if you're a defensive motorcyclist, you can avoid 95% of accidents. I watch people's heads when I'm riding in traffice. If there's a phone attached to it, I know they're going to cause problems. I also watch the cross-traffic when I come to lights, even if they're green. You never know who's going to ignore the light. Just yesterday we had two assholes in those rediculous Mercedes SUV Barbi-cars riding our asses while my GF was trying to get into the off ramp. They both rode our asses, and wouldn't let her get over to get out of their way. If it was legal, I would have pulled both of them over and beaten them silly with my helmet. But we always watch our mirrors, and we knew they were there, and we knew enough to just slow down to a crawl and let the yuppie scum go by.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 6:56:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By usmc0311: Well im not the biggest Willie G guy,I think he is robbing people blind. I think if you want a Harley Davidson type bike you better be prepared to work on it,Harley does not even cover their own "Screaming Eagle" parts under your warranty put on by their Mechanics.So your stuck with a stock Harley Davidson. God forbid your Harley breaks down,Which on contrary to this new belief Harley's break down it's in their nature,and your out in the middle of nowhere and you have to work on it,oops Voided Warranty.Harley Shops wont touch that bike unless it comes out of your pocket and the Parts prices are insane so is their labor rate. If you know bikes its your best bet to put together a Kit or have it done for you and be done with it.Most guys that this is their life style dont ride stock Harley's.They have a word for people who dont do this as a lifestyle,your a RUB.I know thats kinda harsh but thats how they see people who are not in their lifestyle. The Bikers dont know though its the RUB's that keep this industry afloat. AS FAR AS BEING FLAMED ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD I DONT CARE,IF THEY WANT TO FLAME ME THATS OK THEY ARE INTITLED TO DO IT IF THEY WANT. IM JUST TELLING IT HOW I SEE IT.MAN IF YOU CANT TAKE ADVICE OR ANY OTHER VIEW POINTS GOOD GOD,WHY POST IT IF YOU DONT WANT SOMEONES OPINION. SO FLAME ON!
View Quote
THIS IS NOT A FLAME! You,sir know not of what you speak. AB
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 9:45:50 AM EDT
Albob, I took up a whole page, and you took one line, but we're obviously in agreement.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 10:44:54 AM EDT
I agree with Norman74. You gotta' ride real defensively to avoid an accident. Watch everyone else very closely. Mostly it's the inattentive riders that get hurt. As for some of the negative comments concerning Jesse James, all I can say is those mirror my feelings about the guy from what VERY little I've seen of him on TV. He does make some awesome bikes, though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 10:51:15 AM EDT
I watch that show every time it is on. I love his dogs too. The scene showing them heading to sturgees on their bikes is crazy. Laying down and steering with your feet for miles? Keving67
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 11:37:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By keving67: I watch that show every time it is on. I love his dogs too. The scene showing them heading to sturgees on their bikes is crazy. Laying down and steering with your feet for miles? Keving67
View Quote
That's too easy. Guys I ride with once rode from OKC to Dallas without touching the bars.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 4:04:30 AM EDT
I guess usmc...whatever likes to weigh in, spout off falsehoods and half truths, and then recede into the darkness. Thankfully there were a couple of us here to contradict his nonsense.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:31:38 AM EDT
Jessie James had made a couple nice lookin' bikes but I've heard some s**t about the quality and NO bike is worth $80,000+
Top Top