Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2002 11:16:51 AM EDT
My wife has a business conference in Las Vegas in late January.  She just informed me that, if I want to, I can take the one day 18 lap course at the Richard Petty Racing school.  Has anyone done this?  How should I prepare?  What should I expect?

Thanks,
Jason
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
My brother bought me the 8 lap package for Christmas about 3 years ago.  

The Petty people were great.  They make you feel like your the only person there.  

The laps were great fun.  I wish I would have had more seat time.  Only 8 laps.  I just got into it and had to stop.  

Get ready for the most fun you have had in a long time.  

They gave me a readout of my lap times.  

Listen to the instructors and have fun
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I understand they limit your speed to 140mph or so(you have to stay 5 cars lengths behind an instructors car)... even if your on a restrictor plate track where you can run full out without even touching the brakes.

I thought that was kind of stupid.  I am told its still alot of fun, because you still feel alot of lateral G's in the corners, and in the straights you can use all the cars horsepower to accelerate like a bat out of hell.

If I had the money to spare I'd be all over it... probably at Charlotte.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top