BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 1:52:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Am I reading this wrong, or is she full of shit?:

Before this chase would end, this man would attempt to seek refuge in what I now know to be an SKS assault rifle. I was confused, anxious and scared, with no way out. My fate determined by a larger-than-life, gun-packing stranger who would kill a cop, and then kill himself, leaving me to pay for his sins.
Jaehnig roared down the highway at speeds of 120 miles per hour with more and more police cars joining in the chase. “At one point,” Auman says, “Jaehnig pulled a gun out from underneath the seat and laid it on his lap
View Quote

She talks about him having an SKS, and pulling it out from under the seat of his TransAm?  My SKS would have to sit BEHIND the seat, and would be a pain in the ass to pick up and move to the front of the car unless I was completely turned around in the seat (let alone at 120mph).  I'm doubting there was a pistol involved, as you would not lay a pistol "on" your lap, but in it to make sure it didn't slide away when you were driving (not that I would know about such things [:D] ), but you would lay a rifle on your lap if necessary (of course it would take up a lot of space.  Methinks she knew the rifle was there all along, and had to physically hold and hand it to him as the prosecutors say vs. her story.  I've been in a Camaro before (both the new and old style)--so it was a similar sized car.  Think about it--how hard would it be to hide a rifle the size of an SKS from a passenger in the car***[b]AND STILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS IT TO SHOOT AT THE POLICE CHASING YOU[/b]***?  

AFARR
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 2:19:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone claimed on the previous page that we were looking at this with "liberal" logic.  I disagree.  Liberal logic would mean that we think: -- That she must have been abused as a child, and was only screaming for attention.  It would mean we think she should get a couple years probation and mandatory snowman making with community children during the winter.  If only we send her to countless counselors and spend millions of taxpayer money to figure out what is troubling her precious mind.  After all, how can you put a price on saving a poor young woman?  I mean, come on; what's more important, your next meal, or the mental well-being of this young woman?  Oh by the way, don't spend too much, we will need higher taxes. --
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 2:41:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Am I reading this wrong, or is she full of shit?:

Before this chase would end, this man would attempt to seek refuge in what I now know to be an SKS assault rifle. I was confused, anxious and scared, with no way out. My fate determined by a larger-than-life, gun-packing stranger who would kill a cop, and then kill himself, leaving me to pay for his sins.
Jaehnig roared down the highway at speeds of 120 miles per hour with more and more police cars joining in the chase. “At one point,” Auman says, “Jaehnig pulled a gun out from underneath the seat and laid it on his lap
View Quote

She talks about him having an SKS, and pulling it out from under the seat of his TransAm?  My SKS would have to sit BEHIND the seat, and would be a pain in the ass to pick up and move to the front of the car unless I was completely turned around in the seat (let alone at 120mph).  I'm doubting there was a pistol involved, as you would not lay a pistol "on" your lap, but in it to make sure it didn't slide away when you were driving (not that I would know about such things [:D] ), but you would lay a rifle on your lap if necessary (of course it would take up a lot of space.  Methinks she knew the rifle was there all along, and had to physically hold and hand it to him as the prosecutors say vs. her story.  I've been in a Camaro before (both the new and old style)--so it was a similar sized car.  Think about it--how hard would it be to hide a rifle the size of an SKS from a passenger in the car***[b]AND STILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS IT TO SHOOT AT THE POLICE CHASING YOU[/b]***?  

AFARR
View Quote

Those new style Camaro seats are literally planted on the floor.  You ain't putting no SKS under that seat.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
She asked a remote acquaintance of her to assist her fetching some of her stuff out of her estranged boyfriend's apartment.

Now she could have been smarter in choosing her acquaintances, but if stupidity was a capital offense, 90% of the ar15.com users would be on death row.
View Quote

If it was that innocent then why were they armed and why did they run from the police?  If there was property that was legally hers then she could legally have gotten it back.  If she was on the up and up she could have had the police there on her side making sure that the ex handed it all over to her.

Again, she's an evil bitch and she needs to be kept off the streets.  Some people are arguing that this type of case can lead to us gunowners losing our rights.  BS.  Evil bitches like this can lead to us gunowners losing our rights.  There's plenty of antis who'll point to this and say that if these people didn't have guns then nobody would have died and she wouldn't be in jail.  Keep the bitch locked up before she does even more damage.

Edited to add that if they used an SKS then we've got antis out there who'll point at that evil assualt weapon and say that they should all be banned.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top