[#1]
wow.  that man deserves some major respect
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
That picture says SO MUCH!!!

[ed] spelling
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
And everyone else should have there asses kicked.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]
OUT FUCKING STANDING
[/b]

That's both motivating and a Goddamned discrace...

I think it all started when mama thought she'd go get a career.

Mama didn't teach kids how ta act....kids turned into long-haired hippie type pinco fags (to quote Charlie Daniels) and it was all down-fuckin hill from there.

I'd like to shake tha guy's hand.
and tell him how much I appreciate my freedoms he provided me with.
[b]
THANK YOU Ole Man!!!  
[/b]
Where'd you get that fuckin picture from anyways....it's probably fabricated, but either way it des have a great point!

[marines]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Wish I was there with a cattle prod to get those fat, lazy, disrespectful ingrates up off their asses.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Bless that man.

Damn everyone else who is sitting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Definitely our greatest generation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#8]
You know when I was a kid and we had a parade down main street if i even thought about showing any disrespect like siting on my ass when the men who defend us and the flag we love passed by my father would have made sure i couldn't sit down for a week.
And as far as the pic being made up,I don't know we had an pretty old vet in town and he used cruches to get around and he would make sure he would have someone hold the right one so he could salute the colors when they passed.
Damn I'm 46 and I miss the days of respect and and honor,where did they go?
My sons all respect the Flag and what it states.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I could've lived in such a time period....Even if I had to go and fight.

Even my little brother(still in high school, senior this year) pissed me off during the National Anthem the other week at his high school ball game.  He stood up, but didn't take his hat off.... As a reflex I slapped it off his head.  He got pissed and mumbled something about disre specin' him or some shit....  I guess I wasn't around to be a good influence on him while in the Corps and I don't even live in the same state anymore....

How'd he end up this way?  Well my mom has had bad carpel tunnel syndrome for YEARS and other nerve damage in her arm (probably from smackin me around when  I was a kid) so she never could smack em around when he got to smackin around age....

So let that be a lesson.  Smack your kids!  

Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Speaks volumes, doesn't it??

To that man: Thank you.
To those remaining seated: [b]Fuck You All!![/b]

Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Present......ARMS!!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Y'know, I've marched enough VA and Vet's Day parades to have no trouble believing this - I've seen it before in real life (Scouts, then marching parades in the Air Force.  I NEVER missed a V'Day parade unless I was on deployment!)

Do you have any idea how hard it is to remain "At Attention" and maintain "Military Bearing" when all I want to to is bellow "ON YOUR FEET!"  

STAND UP!

I have also seen entirely too much of people wearing hats in houses, at the table, and in church.  At the rehearsal for my wedding, one of my wife's boys failed to remove his hat when we went in.  I removed it for him, and gave it back a week later.  I am not especially religious, but I DO have respect for G-d...

FFZ
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#13]
The folks who whine the loudest about what's happened to our country need to have this photo tacked up in their homes. Maybe reality might finally kick in.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#14]
DonR - I was thinking of taking the pic to Kinko's for a colour print, and putting it in MY window!  Probably do a couple copies - my truck could use one as well...

FFZ
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 12:18:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#16]
A true citizen of the old America. To bad the new citizens are the shits![>(]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:10:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow.

Now THAT'S a picture for the permanent archives!

God bless this man, and all those who undoubtedly died beside him on some God-forsaken battlefield!
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:32:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Ya know...that picture says it all.

Not only is he a vet...I'll just bet he is a Marine too.

Semper Fi, Mac!!!

About a year ago, Momma and I had our two year old grandson at the Quantico clinic for a checkup.  As we're leaving, I noticed a grizzled old Marine sitting in a wheelchair in the waiting room.  The old guy was all tanned and leathery, His high and tight was really grey, his arms were covered with faded USMC tattoos, and his jeans were tucked up under his stumps where his legs had once been.

I figured that this old warrior, as a card carrying member of the Greatest Generation, had probably lost his legs on some shit hole island while helping lots of happy Japs die for their emperor.

As we were leaving, on the spur of the moment, I decided to show the Old Marine a bit of respect in front of all the other patients in the clinic.  As we passed right by the old gent, I turned the boy around and faced the old Marine.  I told him, "Salute Buddy!"  The boy quickly snapped off a good one (We had been practicing for the day he enters the Corps!)...and the Old Jarhead returned it, obviously moved by the gesture.

He deserved our respect...and I figured why not start early.

[marines]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Mama didn't teach kids how ta act....kids turned into long-haired hippie type pinco fags (to quote Charlie Daniels) and it was all down-fuckin hill from there.
View Quote

yeah, daddy sure doesn't have any role in bringing up the kids, does he?  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#20]

[b]I wish I could've lived in such a time period....Even if I had to go and fight.[/b]

Bign...you are living in that type of time period...The problem is most of us are to old to go and fight if needed to. The problem is that we the people let this happen.

My Son never understood what I told him about the Flag and what it stands for. Then 9-11 and he saw. Now there is respect for it by him. My daughter 7 years old has a sticker on her drawing board..Proud to be an American.

When the schools stopped the pledge and our the true meaning keeps get eroded away less people will stand. Tell them this is what your money and self worth is about maybe they will try to stand up again.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Out-fucking-standing!!!  [USA]

Bign, your story reminds me a bit of my daughter (13). Though she does stand up when the colors come by, sometimes she is a little too slow to jump and a little too slow to place her hand over her heart. A little nudge is all it takes, and I make sure I'm within range to give her that nudge. Her mother, the ex-, would be one of the fat asses that sit there and do nothing.

And I've seen this happen all the time. I go to 2 or 3 local parades each year and very few of the younger generations will stand up if their on their fat asses.

Sure wish I could shake this gentleman's hand and give him my thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah, daddy sure doesn't have any role in bringing up the kids, does he?  [rolleyes]
View Quote

Sorry[B)]

My point s that someone needs to stay home wid da kids....  
I'm not saying that it is impossible for a woman (or man [:)]) to work all day in a real full time job, and stil have time and energy to get home and give a kid(s) the proper ammount of attention he or she needs to develop properly.

I'm just saying it rarely happens...

A father has a huge responsability in rearing a child, and my dad worked 60+ hours a week and was outta town alot so he wasn't really the disciplining one.  But Mama taught me write from wrong and to hate communism just fine. Usually she'd punish us to the point that it was uneccessary to tell the ole man.  We felt alot more guilty if he caught us screwing up.

My mother gave more (possibly even excessive) discipline than most kids get these days outta both parents, Why? Maybe becasue they don't give a fuck about what their kids are doing.  
They just buy em a new car as soon as they're 16, as to remove said kid(s) from their paths to success....

Those little bastard's from columbine parent's had no clue they had such plans, and had such a website that advertised what they were doing and what all stuf they had in their rooms.
There is no way that shit would've flown in my house.   Most of my freinds said their parents would've have been the wiser either.

I'm not that old either, just 25, so it hasn't been that long ago for me.

Hell there was a 15 (or so)girl in florida recently that had her mom suing the schoolboard  cuz they didn't want her wearing an anarchist shirt in school.  It may not be the school's place to regulate such (I think it IS but that's another discussion), BUT if that were my kid [:(!] ....they'd be crawlin toward the phone to report me for child abuse.[stick]

DANG.
I never realized I was so long-winded til I started postin here....

Anyways, [b]SOMEONE[/b] needs to teach their kids how to act.  It aint the schools place, hell they'll teach about wearin condoms and why jimmy has two mama's or dads[:X*]
The school house is for cypher'n and goes-inta's[:)]  not explaining butpirates[X]

That's why our country is going to shit!

Link Posted: 9/20/2002 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I saved the Pic to pass on!!!

Both my boys KNOW how to, stand, salute,remove hat, or place hand appropriately, when colors are presented  (or else) wherever it may be.
[marines]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Sorry[B)]

My point is that someone needs to stay home wid da kids....  
View Quote

understood!  and i agree 100%

I'm not saying that it is impossible for a woman (or man [:)]) to work all day in a real full time job, and stil have time and energy to get home and give a kid(s) the proper ammount of attention he or she needs to develop properly.

I'm just saying it rarely happens...
View Quote

good.  cuz i was gonna have to jump your shit if you were gonna rant and rave about it being impossible.  my momma did it just fine all by herself.  [:)]

the point isn't so much how many parents are working as the social/socioeconomic factors that motivate the number of parents working.  some have to work to put food on the table.  some just want to keep the "big house/3 car" lifestyle.  if a parent (or both) wants to make sure the children are raised properly, they'll find the time and a way to do it, no matter who's working when.  but in my perfect world, only one parent would need to work to keep food on the table.  [;)]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#25]
That man is my age, and is probably a Korean vet, like me. It is usually pretty hard to faze me with anything.

That picture got me right where I live. Right down to those secret places, where a vet stores his real feelings.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That man is my age, and is probably a Korean vet, like me. It is usually pretty hard to faze me with anything.

That picture got me right where I live. Right down to those secret places, where a vet stores his real feelings.

Bill
View Quote

I thank you for protecting the world from communism!!!
[USA]
, and May GOD bless you an yours.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#27]
That picture hit home.

For most of my life I have been reluctant to salute the American flag.  The reason was respect for my relatives who fought for the Confederacy.  My grandfather(4) was a hardcore and hard-headed Confederate soldier.  In his letters he said he would live in the God-damn Union but would not ever salute the God-damn flag.  As a young man I was impressed by his letters and his devotion to his cause.  I adopted a lot of his "Hell no I ain't forgetting" attitude.  Besides, it fit well with my anti-government conservative views.  The only time I really saluted the flag was when I was in the Army.  Kind of hard not to when a drill sergeant was standing next to you.

Around the time of the Gulf war I started to change my mind.  I realized that I was wrong not to show respect to our great country and especially the brave men who fought.  Now-a-days I proudly salute whenever I can.

God bless the man in the picture.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Once a Marine....
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Once a Marine....
View Quote

Semper Fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top