Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2002 9:17:26 PM EDT
Im getting bout 50 returned/undeliverable messages every day from email addresses that I obviously haven't sent anything to. I got a couple that say I may have a virus called  W32/Klez.H@mm . I've google searched for the virus, and none of the removal instructions on various websites worked. Has anyone here had this virus, and if so, how the hell did you get rid of it? Thanks.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Raptor, but I've been there already. Their removal tool said it couldn't find the worm on my computer. Thanks for the help though.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#3]
it's possible tht  you don't actually have the virus. one of the aspects of klez is that it can create the illusion of mail being sent by you, when it actually came from someone elses infected computer. you cancheck the email headers and see where the suspect messages actually originated from.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:34:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you have anti-virus software running all the time? If not, get it....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top