BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So this morning while I'm reading and posting on this thread, there's a knock on my back door.  One of my high school football buddies who just got elected Constable stopped by for coffee and talk.

Main reason was to ask me to volunteer to work in his truancy prevention program with the local schools.  He figured I'd be a likely candidate since thirty-five years ago he and I got away with more wiseacre stuff than anyone else he could think of.  He said they won't be able to put much over on us since we did it all before...

Anyway while he's here Miz Arock laughs about being called for jury duty this week.  She said two questions the prospective jurors were asked was "Have you had a bad experience with police?" and "Do you mistrust police?".  My wife said to her amazement three-fourth's of the prospective jurors answered YES to BOTH questions.  She said she just sat on her hands and listened.  And my friend the Constable said that's the way most juror pools are these days.

Now the small town I live in is conservative, upscale and the juror pool is anything but low-rent.  Hell the DA's office even screwed up and brought one of our sitting Grand Jurors in for petit jury (they had to be told who the Grand Juror was and they work with her every week).

I am shocked to hear this about my fellow citizens.  I don't feel quite so isolated in my views of present day police work as I did yesterday.
View Quote

i wonder what the results of a nationwide scientifically conducted poll would be

Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So this morning while I'm reading and posting on this thread, there's a knock on my back door.  One of my high school football buddies who just got elected Constable stopped by for coffee and talk.

Main reason was to ask me to volunteer to work in his truancy prevention program with the local schools.  He figured I'd be a likely candidate since thirty-five years ago he and I got away with more wiseacre stuff than anyone else he could think of.  He said they won't be able to put much over on us since we did it all before...

Anyway while he's here Miz Arock laughs about being called for jury duty this week.  She said two questions the prospective jurors were asked was "Have you had a bad experience with police?" and "Do you mistrust police?".  My wife said to her amazement three-fourth's of the prospective jurors answered YES to BOTH questions.  She said she just sat on her hands and listened.  And my friend the Constable said that's the way most juror pools are these days.

Now the small town I live in is conservative, upscale and the juror pool is anything but low-rent.  Hell the DA's office even screwed up and brought one of our sitting Grand Jurors in for petit jury (they had to be told who the Grand Juror was and they work with her every week).

I am shocked to hear this about my fellow citizens.  I don't feel quite so isolated in my views of present day police work as I did yesterday.
View Quote

i wonder what the results of a nationwide scientifically conducted poll would be

View Quote

Couldn't care less about some "nationwide polling data".  That's Clinton-era trash.  All I care about is what I can do something about.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Couldn't care less about some "nationwide polling data".  That's Clinton-era trash.  All I care about is what I can do something about.
View Quote

well i was thinking it would probably be similar to what "Miz Arock" saw with the jurors.

in other words, you probably don't have to "feel quite so isolated" in your view of modern cop work

Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope you're right.  Like my friend said it's mostly the young buck cops too sold on themselves and their power trips that are ruining the reputation of generations of proud service.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 3:48:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Past history shows that this officer was nelegent in his duites.  Not surprised though.  This cop has a chip on his shoulders.  I hope the victim in this crime can obtain criminal charges against the officer, as well as, sue the living shit out of him , the department and municipality so bad, the cops in that town have to use their personal cars for work.  This man should not be wearing a badge.  Don't forget he was removed from one of the highest authority positions an LEO can have.  This guy has issues.

This coming from an individual who wishes he did sue the police and municipality for their major league f***-up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:44:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyway while he's here Miz Arock laughs about being called for jury duty this week.  She said two questions the [red]prospective jurors were asked was "Have you had a bad experience with police?" and "Do you mistrust police?".  My wife said to her amazement three-fourth's of the prospective jurors answered YES to BOTH questions.[/red]  She said she just sat on her hands and listened.  And my friend the Constable said that's the way most juror pools are these days.
View Quote

Of course it could be because a lot of people see this answer as an easy way to get out of jury duty.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyway while he's here Miz Arock laughs about being called for jury duty this week.  She said two questions the [red]prospective jurors were asked was "Have you had a bad experience with police?" and "Do you mistrust police?".  My wife said to her amazement three-fourth's of the prospective jurors answered YES to BOTH questions.[/red]  She said she just sat on her hands and listened.  And my friend the Constable said that's the way most juror pools are these days.
View Quote

Of course it could be because a lot of people see this answer as an easy way to get out of jury duty.
View Quote

i heard two jackoffs talking about how to get out of jury duty at the office today. makes me sick. i can't wait till i get my chance

if i ever get into a position of power in my company, i'm going to shit can both of those two
every day i add to my list of people to fire if i ever get the authority to do so

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top