BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Can lifers vote or is it endowment and above.

Lifers, above, and yearly members of at least 5 consecutive years.

I don't have any voting info yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
So, that's what a geriatric, homosexual cowboy looks like.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question.  I heard Endowment and above, so I upgraded my membership.  

I haven't received anything about voting in the mail.

Ballot is in the current / new issue of the magazines... just got mine yesterday.

Safe to say Uncle Ted gets one of my 25.

I get my magazine electronically.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
When would the ballot have come?  I am life member (since last year) and have not received my ballot as of yet.

If you get the physical magazine, it will be in the March issue (my wife's came in the mail today).  If you get the digital magazine, your ballot should arrive soon.

Ok thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Damnit, I left my magazine (and ballot) at camp this morning.

What the deadline?

April 14 is the deadline for the NRA to receive it from you.

Cool - Thanks, plenty of time to get down there and get it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
FUDD....no doubt about it.

Actually.............

A STUPID FUDD.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
That's shocking, totally and utterly shocking... what a fucking idiot... and he's on the board of the NRA... fuck me
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Another one that has to go is Grover Norquist.  Here is a part of just one of many articles written about him:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/03/grover_norquists_jihad.html

snip

Norquist isn't up for election this year.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lifers, above, and yearly members of at least 5 consecutive years.

I don't have any voting info yet.

My wife gets the paper magazine and just got it today.  I get the digital version in my email and haven't received anything yet.  I don't know if they'll have me do it electronically or if they'll send a paper ballot to me.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's shocking, totally and utterly shocking... what a fucking idiot... and he's on the board of the NRA... fuck me

Elegant and to the point.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#11]
He has since supposedly "seen the light" and redacted those statements, but regardless it's time for him to go.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He has since supposedly "seen the light" and redacted those statements, but regardless it's time for him to go.

I am of the firm belief that you can't redact that attitude. He has that "us" vs "them" elitist LEO attitude I despise.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got to thinking.....I've been an NRA member for at least 20 years, pay annually because I always make several extra contributions, but I haven't gotten The American Rifleman for some time now. Is it still published? I know 20 years because that is when I got married and my MIL was anti-gun and when I got married, I signed her up and put the decal on her back bumper (before they made them stick on the inside of your window, which sucks in FL because all the windows are tinted DARK and you cannot see it). I kept up her subscription for years, just so that the postman did a when he delivered her mail. Family got a hoot for years.

Anyway, is American Rifleman still published?
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I just got to thinking.....I've been an NRA member for at least 20 years, pay annually because I always make several extra contributions, but I haven't gotten The American Rifleman for some time now. Is it still published? I know 20 years because that is when I got married and my MIL was anti-gun and when I got married, I signed her up and put the decal on her back bumper (before they made them stick on the inside of your window, which sucks in FL because all the windows are tinted DARK and you cannot see it). I kept up her subscription for years, just so that the postman did a when he delivered her mail. Family got a hoot for years.

Anyway, is American Rifleman still published?

yes

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#15]
that was very sad to hear that

why would he work against the NRA. He should be doing everything he can especially if he has a chance to speak.

he for sure should not be part of the Board

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am of the firm belief that you can't redact that attitude. He has that "us" vs "them" elitist LEO attitude I despise.

His retraction contained a lot of fine wordsmithing to try and change the context of what he said.  At very best, after reading a transcript of the interview, watching the interview, and reading his retraction, we can conclude that he believes that civilians should not own machine guns, and hunting magazines should be limited to five rounds.  That's the interpretation of it all that is most in line with the second amendment.  

At the worst we can conclude that he thinks assault weapons should be banned and civilians should be limited to 5-round magazines for all purposes.

Either way, he needs to go.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
When would the ballot have come?  I am life member (since last year) and have not received my ballot as of yet.

It comes inside your American Rifleman.  I just got mine today.

We have been trying to get rid of him ever since he made that video, but he keeps getting the votes.
FWIW, he is just one of a large pro-gun NRA Board and hasn't had any effect on the direction  of the NRA.

For a  primer on voting strategy, see David Hardy's piece:  http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2013/02/nra_ballot_issu.php#comments

One clue in voting: if you cast the entire 25 votes that are allowed, you water down each of them. There's usually about 5 that I consider highly important, maybe even indispensable, to the organization, and then many more who would be good. But if I vote for the many more good ones, I increase the odds that one of them might displace the indispensable ones.

That kind of voting is what keeps Jackson in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tag and yeah I'm surprised he is still on the board since that video has been around for a long time. [if it is thre same one. I didn't watch that one.

This and in.

I normally research all the candidates anyway.  Never voted for this pogue in the past for this very reason.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I was talking a while back to two former dps officers.   I think that they said he was full of himself and that he had also shot himself in the ass by ad one time.  There is no doubt that Joaquin has no understanding of the second amd.

We had a former Texas Ranger Milton Wright for Fort Bend county sheriff for the past 10 or so years.  He was one sure enough piece of work.  He may have not done anything wrong{ you have to do something to do something wrong } but plenty of shady shit went on while he was in charge.  In fairness he did do some good things but one must wonder how.    All the Republicans loved the shit out of him.   I don't know his views on gun control but I am glad he is out.

That age of this class of Texas Ranger grew up when gun control was for black folk and the laws were not enforced on white people.  That's why Texas had the gun control laws we had up till Bush broke it open with concealed carry.  It was common knowledge that a white woman could carry and would never be questioned in Texas.  She could kill with that gun and almost be guaranteed a no bill.  As society got more color blind young officers did not get the real rules passed down to them so the laws even now are being changed for all the people and that's a good thing

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Another one that has to go is Grover Norquist.  Here is a part of just one of many articles written about him:

Grover Norquist's ties to Islamic supremacists and jihadists have been known for years. He and his Palestinian wife, Samah Alrayyes -- who was director of communications for his Islamic Free Market Institute until they married in 2005 -- are very active in "Muslim outreach." Just six weeks after 9/11, The New Republic ran an exposé explaining how Norquist arranged for George W. Bush to meet with fifteen Islamic supremacists at the White House on September 26, 2001 -- to show how Muslims rejected terrorism. Wrote TNR author Franklin Foer:

On the afternoon of September 26, George W. Bush gathered 15 prominent Muslim- and Arab-Americans at the White House. With cameras rolling, the president proclaimed that "the teachings of Islam are teachings of peace and good." It was a critically important moment, a statement to the world that America's Muslim leaders unambiguously reject the terror committed in Islam's name.

Unfortunately, many of the leaders present hadn't unambiguously rejected it. To the president's left sat Dr. Yahya Basha, president of the American Muslim Council, an organization whose leaders have repeatedly called Hamas "freedom fighters." Also in attendance was Salam Al-Marayati, executive director of the Muslim Public Affairs Council, who on the afternoon of September 11 told a Los Angeles public radio audience that "we should put the State of Israel on the suspect list." And sitting right next to President Bush was Muzammil Siddiqi, president of the Islamic Society of North America, who last fall told a Washington crowd chanting pro-Hezbollah slogans that "America has to learn if you remain on the side of injustice, the wrath of God will come."

It was Norquist who ushered these silver-tongued jihadists into the Oval Office of an incurious president after the worst attack ever on American soil. Instead of Hamas, Hezb'allah, and the Muslim Brotherhood, Ibn Warraq, Bat Ye'or, and Wafa Sultan should have been advising the president. Instead, at that September 26 meeting, Bush declared that "the teachings of Islam are teachings of peace and good." It was a critically important, historic incident. What should have been the most important teaching moment of the long war became a propaganda tool for Islam. A singular opportunity was squandered, and the resulting harm is incalculable.  

Bush did this because he trusted Norquist, who vouched for these Muslim leaders. Yet "the record suggests," wrote Foer, "that [Norquist] has spent quite a lot of time promoting people openly sympathetic to Islamist terrorists." And this continued for years.

Thank you. My day isn't really full until I read something on ARFCOM and say to myself, "There it is. That's got to be the dumbest goddamn thing I'll read today."
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#22]
he must think everyone carries a SAA with 5 chambered rounds and the hammer down on empty
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuck him with a rusty barbed dildo
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#24]

I remembered that Doofus and made sure to not vote for his  dumb ass or any other part .
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Can I vote now as a Life member?
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Now I AM pissed. Just checked my NRA card, good through 03/31/13 and I re-upped for 2 or 3 more years just before the end of the year. Maybe one of those assholes is reading my American Rifleman. (Or maybe the postman) I haven't received one in quite awhile.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Can I vote now as a Life member?

You'll get a ballot inside the magazine you elect to receive or separately if you get a digital magazine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Tagged for good guy list
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Tag, and might I suggest we keep a list of people to vote for in the first post.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Since Tom King is already listed and Joe isn't up for re-election this year, I'll put in my $0.02 for Pete Brownell of site sponsor Brownells fame.

David
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone named joaquin has to be a peter puffer

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Well this reflects positively on the site and gun owners

Well I thought it was funny.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Life can vote.

Yep, i've voted before. I'm definitely not voting for this fudd.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF is this shit?

Why is a Fudd on the NRA board?

snicker

Not only that, he was re-elected after the video came out and he wad exposed to everyone.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm a lifer and got a ballot in my magazine.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Got mine today
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Got mine today as well. First time to get to vote. I'm looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Now I AM pissed. Just checked my NRA card, good through 03/31/13 and I re-upped for 2 or 3 more years just before the end of the year. Maybe one of those assholes is reading my American Rifleman. (Or maybe the postman) I haven't received one in quite awhile.

Call NRA member services on Monday:  1-877-NRA-2000.  Explain the situation, get your mailing address fixed and see about getting a ballot.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Got my ballot today. Wife is a new Life member, but she didn't get a ballot. Too new I guess. I'll for sure NOT vote for him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Can we get a top 25 list for Arfcom to vote for?

or

There are 29 candidates, beside Joaquin, which other 3 need to go?

This.

So far we have Joaquin Jackson and Noquist.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#42]
So,...I guess that 30-30 he has in his hands is an "Assault Weapon" & should be banned. Along with a revolver & all other handguns. What a tool!
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grover Norquist's ties to Islamic supremacists and jihadists have been known for years. He and his Palestinian wife, Samah Alrayyes -- who was director of communications for his Islamic Free Market Institute until they married in 2005 -- are very active in "Muslim outreach." Just six weeks after 9/11, The New Republic ran an exposé explaining how Norquist arranged for George W. Bush to meet with fifteen Islamic supremacists at the White House on September 26, 2001 -- to show how Muslims rejected terrorism. Wrote TNR author Franklin Foer:

On the afternoon of September 26, George W. Bush gathered 15 prominent Muslim- and Arab-Americans at the White House. With cameras rolling, the president proclaimed that "the teachings of Islam are teachings of peace and good." It was a critically important moment, a statement to the world that America's Muslim leaders unambiguously reject the terror committed in Islam's name.

Unfortunately, many of the leaders present hadn't unambiguously rejected it. To the president's left sat Dr. Yahya Basha, president of the American Muslim Council, an organization whose leaders have repeatedly called Hamas "freedom fighters." Also in attendance was Salam Al-Marayati, executive director of the Muslim Public Affairs Council, who on the afternoon of September 11 told a Los Angeles public radio audience that "we should put the State of Israel on the suspect list." And sitting right next to President Bush was Muzammil Siddiqi, president of the Islamic Society of North America, who last fall told a Washington crowd chanting pro-Hezbollah slogans that "America has to learn if you remain on the side of injustice, the wrath of God will come."

It was Norquist who ushered these silver-tongued jihadists into the Oval Office of an incurious president after the worst attack ever on American soil. Instead of Hamas, Hezb'allah, and the Muslim Brotherhood, Ibn Warraq, Bat Ye'or, and Wafa Sultan should have been advising the president. Instead, at that September 26 meeting, Bush declared that "the teachings of Islam are teachings of peace and good." It was a critically important, historic incident. What should have been the most important teaching moment of the long war became a propaganda tool for Islam. A singular opportunity was squandered, and the resulting harm is incalculable.  

Bush did this because he trusted Norquist, who vouched for these Muslim leaders. Yet "the record suggests," wrote Foer, "that [Norquist] has spent quite a lot of time promoting people openly sympathetic to Islamist terrorists." And this continued for years.

Thank you. My day isn't really full until I read something on ARFCOM and say to myself, "There it is. That's got to be the dumbest goddamn thing I'll read today."

Oh my, of all the things on this forum, on Drudge, on Weasal Zippers, just quotes from the mouths of Democrats and this is the dumbest thing you have seen today? Oh my.
Yet you don't bother to provide any factual rebuttal to an otherwise seamingly solid article.
Is this Grover's Mother?
Now American Thinker is a VERY reputable, high end Conservative publication.
Not too prone to stupid stuff.I don't read it often, but everthing I've seen has been incredibley good.
Are you Muslim? Like the Left they are offended by everything.
Now I don't know the truth on Norquist. I have heard the allegations before, from other Conservatives, but I never looked into it very far. These kinds of things are hard to call-history may tell us.
I have heard him intervied on Tax issues and Domestic issues and thought he sounded preety good. I may have disagreed on some things I don't remember. But I disagree with even myself alot on some things.
So I don't have a Dog in this fight except to say your "drive by" accusation is exactly what the Progressives do to us all the time. Name calling and leave.
Are you a moderate concerned about American Islamophobia?
If so, you need to talk to the Muslims about that. The problem is on their end. Not ours.
Read Robert Spencer's books about Islam or just watch the news.
Maybe Norquist is just trying to do what CAIR and others are doing to us. Infiltrate by saying what we want to hear.
Maybe he's doing that to them for us?
And there are certainly Muslims who are good people we need to work with.
But its like playing with fire.
Read about Taqiyya.
That is one of their fundemental principles.
Like Marxists, they will lie to you.
How many Communists do you trust?
Now, make your case.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Grover Norquist is not up for election this year.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Grover Norquist is not up for election this year.

Dang. I was gett'n ready for a flame war. Yoooou ruined it for me!!!! Stop it.
Now Mr. Joaquin Jackson is clearly not favored here for his beliefs
Mr Zumbo got spanked some time back-that was great.
If Mr. Norquist were to have some views that were say, not in our best interests.....
then he should be treated the same as Jackson and Zumbo.
Now I'm not a pure as the driven snow Conservative. I am a Center-Right Guy in my Natural state.
But I no longer vote for any body unless they are to the right of me. Because things are not going to go well for us boys-and not just about our guns. But about our Nation, our Culture, our Civilization.
People have a right to their beliefs and to a certain extent we need to reach out to people to convince them to side with us-the "independents" etc or we will never win elections.
But I have seen us burned so many times. Fooled.
Norquist may be OK, I dunno, but METT-T needs to 'splain us.
I did look up Grover's Palistinian WIfe-she is pretty! Maybe that's it.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm in.

Eric  
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm in.

Eric  

I'm ready for my spank'n.
Seriously, it may be something we cannot prove or disprove.
So I would give him the benefit of the doubt based on his other Conservative principles.
You might "keep an eye" him a little for a while.
I'll watch his Wife.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

our ballot is in your magazine
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#49]
We need some more good guys worth voting for identified from the list of candidates.  If you know any of them or have had first hand dealings with them, or can more or less confirm that they're the types we would like on the NRA board, then post it up.  Since the candidate summaries are self-submitted, we need something a little more objective.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Fuck this FUDD motherfucker.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top