Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2002 7:25:09 PM EDT
What's your favorite?  I just had a skillet full of the broccoli and cheese with a salad and garlic bread.  I've been eatin' this stuff for years and just can't seem to burn out on it.  My wife almost gags when I ask for it for dinner.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know why the call it Hamburger Helper.  Seems just fine by itself.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

And yeah, love the stuff.  Like the taco mix.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the 4 cheese lazania(sp)the philly cheesesteak and beef stroganaugh. I picked up the nacho beef today. I'll have to see how that one works out. The helper is good shit [:D]
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Cheese Burger Macaroni for me, mmmmm...
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What's your favorite?  I just had a skillet full of the broccoli and cheese with a [b]salad[/b] and garlic bread.
View Quote

Was it ranch dressing or thousand island dressing on the salad? [V]
My wife almost gags when I ask for it for dinner.
View Quote

She's a keeper.

Do you like Vienna sausages as well??  EEEWWWWWWWW- sorry, just a personnal issue.

Ever notice that the Hamburger Helper costs MOREthen the actual hamburger meat??
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Cheesy Hashbrown.  Yum.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm still partial to lasagne, but chili-mac is making a charge. Tuna-melt is my favorite Tuna Helper flavor.

Clark Griswald, rules.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
As much as I hate that disgusting sh*t, it did keep us three boys well fed while my mom and dad worked their asses off, saving every penny to put my dad through law school. But to this day, I won't eat that crap unless forced!
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, people!

Learn how to COOK!
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Man I LOVE that shit! Cheeseburger mac, lasagne, & stroganoff RULES!!!! As American as smog, parking tickets & post-it notes. (does that make any sense? I didn't think so.......)

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]
yuck, i only make it for my kids. if i'm
hungry enough sometimes i will eat a small
portion.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#11]
haven't had a flavor yet I didn't like
Tuna helper is decent too
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Cheesy Hashbrown.  Yum.
View Quote

with jalepenos yummy for my tummy!
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#13]
[b]YUCK![/b]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 2:32:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Chilli macaroni... Mmm.. Good shit..

-T.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 3:51:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Why don't people just boil noodles and put hamburger in the fresh noodles with some cheese? I never understood Hamburger Helper. It's frickin noodles with seasoning. You can do that yourself without paying for the brand name.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 4:02:50 AM EDT
[#16]
[b]Hell, boyz, when I was growing up in West Texas, we were so poor, we had to settle for:

[size=3]Hamburger Helper Helper![/b][/size=3]

Eric The(AndWeWereDamnThankfulToGetIt,Too!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 4:36:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#18]
The cheeseburger one gets my vote, but...

When I was a teen, one of the recipes I came up wtih that became a favorite thing was "GLOP".

Take 1/2 Lb. ground beef, Brown it with some chopped onions and garlic.
When cooked, and onions are translucent (see-through) drain; add [size=4][yellow]CHEESE[/yellow][/size=4] (not a little, and preferably shredded cheddar)
once the cheese starts to melt, add BBQ sauce (KC Masterpiece was my fave).

I suppose I should have served it on bread, but I'd just kick back with a bowl and a spoon and have dinner. Yum. [:P]

Tango7 - "Hear that son? That's your arteries hardening!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top