Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2002 11:35:38 AM EDT
the trials and tribulations of being a landlord.....

the tenant complained during the lease signing meeting that the sump pump pit was starting to smell like backed up sewage.

so we had the septic system pumped today, hoping that was all that was needed to fix the problem (as opposed to a failing septic system).

there was close to 5 feet of sludge that was pumped out.  over 1500 gallons of the crap (pun intended) not to mention a bunch of trash that should never have been in there to begin with (condoms, paper dixie cups).

i can only imagine the last time it had been pumped.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]
YUK!
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Thank you for that wonderful vision to start the weekend. [:D]

S-I
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Must not eat while reading posts here. [puke]
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Pics?   [:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pics?   [:)]
View Quote

UG, now I have a mental image...Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]
ArLady, I know what you are talking about sounds like one of my renters rented from you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to shop-vac out a lift pump once for my job.  A 4' deep by 2' wide cylinder, coated with human excrement. So I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Yuck!

From one landlord to another, I feel 'ur pain. Just dumped $1000 to re-tile a leaky shower. Water damage destroyed the ceiling in the living room. Fun fun!

I'm sure glad we don't need septic tanks around these parts.

--LS
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Wait 'til you have a toilet explode and have sewage backed up shin deep, spewing forth like a geyser of poo from the dying toilet.  Was like that in my old apartment because the dipstick upstairs would always flush her used condoms and non-flushable tampons/pads down the toilet.  Thank God I own a house now.  Thank God.  Thank God.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top