Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2002 3:13:59 AM EDT
I know some of my fellow computer geeks can help me. I have a list of a few web hosting companies I'm looking at and if any of you guys know anything about them or can suggest an outfit, please do! :)

[url]www.ipowerweb.com[/url]
[url]www.valueweb.net[/url]
[url]www.dellhost.com[/url]
[url]www.hostway.com[/url]
[url]www.interland.com[/url]
[url]www.he.net[/url]

I don't think we need any eCommerce capability at this time (shopping card, credit card), but in the future this is possible.

Are these outfits any good?

What should I look for? Disk space? Bandwidth? Support for Java, ASP, PHP, MySQL/MSSQL, etc.?
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:19:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been using [url=http://www.phpwebhosting.com/]Phpwebhosting.com[/url] and have had outstanding service.
No bandwidth cap - a good thing if your site hits the news and you get 100,000 hits in 24hrs.
About 100Mb space (flexible)
unlimited emails
CGI-BIN And PHP4
SQL database
very fast servers which are not over populated.
$9.95 / mo. and a better deal on 1 yr prepaid.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:03:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks guys. I'll look into both those services.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top