BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2002 9:56:24 AM EDT
[url]www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/editorial/outlook/1564076[/url]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The topic description says it all.

I'd like to write something to this bufoon, but I'm afraid I don't want to wate the energy on what will no doubt be a fruitless effort.

Mental note: Don't send my kids to Journalism school...
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#2]
The task for U.S. citizens is clear: We must ensure that the U.S. empire is the first empire dismantled from within, through progressive political movements that reject world dominance that perpetuates inequality in favor of our place in a world struggling for justice and peace.
View Quote

Oh great, another Robin Hood.  And of course, the solution to the "dislike of America" is to redistribute our wealth.  

Notice that whenever a guy like this desires change, he engineers the situation so that the most likely person to be selected to administer the change would be himself.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Even though the University of Texas has a rather liberal reputation, they are even trying to disassociate themselves from this guy.  Unfortunately, they can't fire him since he is a tenured professor.  

In case you missed his letter last year, he claimed the 9/11 attacks were our fault.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Even though the University of Texas has a rather liberal reputation, they are even trying to disassociate themselves from this guy.  Unfortunately, they can't fire him since he is a tenured professor.  
View Quote

Maybe they can't fire him but they can give him enough shit to make him leave. Schedule him for 7am classes every day, that sort of thing. When few, if any, students sign up for his classes he will quickly lose face with fellow professors. Of course none of this will ever happen as it would be too much the right thing to do.  >gg<
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe they can't fire him but they can give him enough shit to make him leave. Schedule him for 7am classes every day, that sort of thing. When few, if any, students sign up for his classes he will quickly lose face with fellow professors. Of course none of this will ever happen as it would be too much the right thing to do.  >gg<
View Quote

Dude - getting rid of a tenured professor is MUCH harder than you seem to imagine.   If I had tenure, "losing face" with my fellow professors would make me laugh, not want to leave. [:D]

People like this idiot are annoying and an embarassment, but it is part of the price of pay for academic freedom.  Fools like this are best treated like little children.  Ignore them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#6]
You know something, even if this guy is right, my reaction is "So What".  So we've become an empire.  That doesn't make me cringe with fear. Most of the rest of the world is so screwed up they could stand to have us telling them what to do and how to do it.  They'd most likely be better off for it.

I know, I know; that's jingoistic (always wanted to use that word[:D]) and arrogant. Oh well, just been that kind of day around here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Claims about Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction are more plausible, but riddled with inconsistencies. Iraq may have developed, or be developing, limited biological or chemical weapons programs, but no one has offered proof or a scenario in which Iraq might use them, except in the case of a U.S. attack.
View Quote

No proof?  I guess all those Kurds Hussein gassed may have been sufficiently impressed with his limited chemical weapon abilities, hmm?

I'm counting the hours before we light that place up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top