Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2002 4:33:31 PM EDT
If this is a duplicate post, I appologize, but this is just insane:

[url]http://www.calpatriot.org/issueupdate/911.html[/url]

UC Berkeley is having a "memorial" on Sept 11th.  All patriotism, from the National Anthem to the flag itself, are banned from the event.

Link Posted: 9/8/2002 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's nuke Berkley off the Planet...
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#2]
This is not actually 100% correct.  This is what the student unions wanted.  After the hoopla the school president said they will be allowing all forms of patriotism.

They should still be nuked though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is not actually 100% correct.  This is what the student unions wanted.  After the hoopla the school president said they will be allowing all forms of patriotism.
View Quote

Thank god someone out there is sane.  Do you have a source for the flip flop?

Also, from the linked story, it doesn't seem to be "what the student unions wanted" but rather what the marxist (really, I'm not using that as a blanket term, she really is) who organized the event wanted.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard it on morning radio, can't find a link to it.  It was a student activist who was organizing the event.  If there wasn't a media uproar about this the University would have been silent on it I'm sure.  It still is just the lowest common denominator of cities.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew I didn't wanna click on this damn one. Can we have the next BRC in Berekley?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top