Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2002 7:07:27 AM EDT
I'd just like to give that one a hearty "Well, [b][red][size=5]DUH![/size=5][/red][/b]" [url=http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/09/04/lax.shooting/index.html]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/09/04/lax.shooting/index.html[/url] the_reject
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:15:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2002 7:41:27 AM EDT by thebeekeeper1]
Is it a terrorist attack as in "Al Queada"? Or a terrorist attack as if me, a white male, went somewhere and shot people? When someone says terrorist, I think [red][/red] hi-jacking a plane, not 2 kids shooting up Columbine. Both are terrorist attacks though. Edited to remove racial slur--in red.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:19:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By the_reject: I'd just like to give that one a hearty "Well, [b][red][size=5]DUH![/size=5][/red][/b]"
View Quote
Reject beat me to it. What the fu** else would it have been? An Arab firing at an El Al counter.....HELLOOOOOOOOOO?
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:24:50 AM EDT
Damn skippy... As if the scenario of a pissed off Muslim walking up to an Israeli airline ticket counter in an airport with a .45 and 9mm, a knife, AND several loaded magazines wasn't clue enough... I'm [b]SO[/b] glad that we can count on the results of this federal investigation to tell us [b]WHAT COMMON SENSE ALREADY DICTATED TO ANYONE WITH HALF OF A FUCKING BRAIN[/b]. ...and I pay taxes to fund this group of fuckmuppets? the_reject
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:30:54 AM EDT
I don't think so... it's more like "terrorism" that comes from the "I'm a failure as a person, so I'm going to blame everybody else and take it out on the people I hate because I don't have the guts to just kill myself for being such a loser" variety...
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:37:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DScott: I don't think so... it's more like "terrorism" that comes from the "I'm a failure as a person, so I'm going to blame everybody else and take it out on the people I hate because I don't have the guts to just kill myself for being such a loser" variety...
View Quote
That's the ticket!! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 9:32:14 AM EDT
So according to the news article to be labeled as an act of terrorism you need the following: Be willing to be a Martyr Be against US Foreign policy in the Middle east. Have anti-Israeli sentiments. Hmm makes up a huge population in the United States dont it, hmmm makes up a small percentage of people on this board to. Me thinks there is just a little more to the story then is being told.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 9:34:30 AM EDT
Hmmmm...took them that long to figure that out huh? Amazing...simply amazing. My five year old granddaughter could have told them that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 9:41:15 AM EDT
I find this hard to believe. A terror attack would be organized by a group and there would be some ideological imperative. I see none of those things in this case. Calling that a terror attack is just defining "terror" to mean "any crime whatsoever." Very dangerous for a free society to be thinking like this... It's like the way the news calls everyone they deem to be a bad guy a "gunman." Never a soldier, or citizen, or freedom fighter, but always a gunman.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:22:48 AM EDT
OT, but I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the_reject for teaching me a new term: "fuckmuppet". Thank you!! I shall add this term to my vocabulary and begin to use it immediately.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:24:30 AM EDT
The New York Times said the shooting was over a fare dispute [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:24:38 AM EDT
"Terrorist attack" is the republican version of the democrat's "hate crime". Just another way to get the feds involved.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:28:25 AM EDT
This act was just thuggery. Terrorism always has, by definition, a purpose behind it that is larger and often more political than the act itself. I hardly think that was the case here. This guy was just a criminal and a suicidal nut. It's just too bad others had to die because he was such a fucking loser.
Top Top