Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2002 7:07:27 AM EDT
I'd just like to give that one a hearty "Well, [b][red][size=5]DUH![/size=5][/red][/b]"

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/09/04/lax.shooting/index.html]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/09/04/lax.shooting/index.html[/url]

the_reject
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it a terrorist attack as in "Al Queada"? Or a terrorist attack as if me, a white male, went somewhere and shot people?

When someone says terrorist, I think [red][/red] hi-jacking a plane, not 2 kids shooting up Columbine.  Both are terrorist attacks though.

Edited to remove racial slur--in red.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:19:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'd just like to give that one a hearty "Well, [b][red][size=5]DUH![/size=5][/red][/b]"
View Quote

Reject beat me to it. What the fu** else would it have been? An Arab firing at an El Al counter.....HELLOOOOOOOOOO?
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn skippy...

As if the scenario of a pissed off Muslim walking up to an Israeli airline ticket counter in an airport with a .45 and 9mm, a knife, AND several loaded magazines wasn't clue enough...

I'm [b]SO[/b] glad that we can count on the results of this federal investigation to tell us [b]WHAT COMMON SENSE ALREADY DICTATED TO ANYONE WITH HALF OF A FUCKING BRAIN[/b].

...and I pay taxes to fund this group of fuckmuppets?

the_reject
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think so... it's more like "terrorism" that comes from the "I'm a failure as a person, so I'm going to blame everybody else and take it out on the people I hate because I don't have the guts to just kill myself for being such a loser" variety...
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't think so... it's more like "terrorism" that comes from the "I'm a failure as a person, so I'm going to blame everybody else and take it out on the people I hate because I don't have the guts to just kill myself for being such a loser" variety...
View Quote

That's the ticket!!
[:D]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#6]
So according to the news article to be labeled as an act of terrorism you need the following:

Be willing to be a Martyr

Be against US Foreign policy in the Middle east.

Have anti-Israeli sentiments.

Hmm makes up a huge population in the United States dont it, hmmm makes up a small percentage of people on this board to.

Me thinks there is just a little more to the story then is being told.

Link Posted: 9/5/2002 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm...took them that long to figure that out huh?  Amazing...simply amazing.  My five year old granddaughter could have told them that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I find this hard to believe.  A terror attack would be organized by a group and there would be some ideological imperative.  I see none of those things in this case.  Calling that a terror attack is just defining "terror" to mean "any crime whatsoever."  Very dangerous for a free society to be thinking like this...

It's like the way the news calls everyone they deem to be a bad guy a "gunman." Never a soldier, or citizen, or freedom fighter, but always a gunman.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#9]
OT, but I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the_reject for teaching me a new term: "fuckmuppet".  Thank you!! I shall add this term to my vocabulary and begin to use it immediately.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#10]
The New York Times said the shooting was over a fare dispute [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#11]
"Terrorist attack" is the republican version of the democrat's "hate crime".

Just another way to get the feds involved.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#12]
This act was just thuggery.  Terrorism always has, by definition, a purpose behind it that is larger and often more political than the act itself.  I hardly think that was the case here.

This guy was just a criminal and a suicidal nut.  It's just too bad others had to die because he was such a fucking loser.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top