Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2002 8:48:33 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/736951/posts[/url]
French and Indian War 1754 - 1763

Washington was the only officer not shot off of his horse. He found four bullet holes in his clothes and he was not wounded. He
stated, " By the all powerful dispensations of providence, I've been protected beyond all human probability or expectation: for I had
four bullets through my coat and two horses shot from under me." Washington, fifteen years later met with the Indian Chief who had
personally shot at him seventeen times in that battle and also instructed his braves to shoot at all 86 officers. He said, " I have
traveled a long and weary path that I might see the young warrior of the great battle. I am come to pay homage to the man who is the
particular favorite of heaven and who can never die in battle." The account of this battle appeared in American textbooks for nearly
150 years, but hasn't been seen in one for over 40 years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't mean to be the skunk at the picnic here, but I am not sure if having people miss while shooting at you is proof of divine intervention.  (hehe, I sound like John Travolta's character from Pulp Fiction here.)
After all, Billy the Kid once ran out of a burning building SURROUNDED by a local posse all of them very much fired up to kill him and got away without a scratch.
I would think if one were looking for proof of divine intervention in America's history, one should rather look at the INCREDIBLE growth in economic, political and military power this country has experienced in just 200 years...it's quite a bit more unlikely than a general not being shot in a battle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top