Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I don't beleive we'll see a ban anytime soon.

I'm 50/50 right now, a little more worried than in the past but I'm not going to go as far as to say we won't see anything.  After Virginia Tech they screamed gun ban, nothing happened.  HR 1022 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr1022) was introduced a few months before that.  It went nowhere.  Surely something will get introduced, and it may have an alarming number of co-sponsors, hopefully it will also share the same fate as its predecessors.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I love this GIF.

Luckily I have all the lowers I need for the forseeable future.  You might want to buy some 80%s for insurance if you can't get ahold of any.  I bought a few mags, that's about it.  Local store was busy but they seemed to have a good stock of lowers and mags.

ETA - Also re-upped my NRA membership.  How do I get my eagle?

Who has 80 percent lowers?
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully I am wrong, but I think we have maybe 6 months, at the longest, before major bans are in place.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. 1000%

All these arfcommers who post the "sky is falling" gifs in jest are only fooling themselves.

Quoted:

I'd say give it a couple weeks for teh frenzy to build up even more with teh rumor mills.

You think gun ban rumor mills are going to happen in the next couple weeks?   I say LAWS WILL BE SIGNED before the end of the year!

Friday was the perfect storm the anti's have been waiting for.  A horrenous act that will push all but the most hard-core pro-gun folks over the fence.  The bills have been written for years, sitting in the top drawer of Diane Feinstin's desk.  They were ONLY waiting for THIS to happen.

It HAS happened.  IT IS REAL.  IT IS COMING... SOON.

We had a decent run while it lasted but MAKE NO MISTAKE.  It's over.

Heard on the tube today there are bills ready to go in both the house and the senate as soon as they get back from Christnmas break.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Heard on the tube today there are bills ready to go in both the house and the senate as soon as they get back from Christnmas break.

Then make sure to contact your representative while they are back home on break, especially is they have any kind of town hall or meet with the constituents event scheduled.

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Clearly there is now need for a ban, there is nothing left to ban, everything has been bought out already
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Clearly there is now need for a ban, there is nothing left to ban, everything has been bought out already

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Just purchased #10 GEN3 PMAGs w/window from Larue. They still got them in stock.

I hope thats true.  I must have been under a rock this weekend cause I didnt hear about any of this till i got to work at noon.  I ordered 5 223 mags and 3 308 mags  when i woke up around 7am cause i forgot to order some on friday.  now i just hope i get that order.

When I ordered 5 windowed Gen 3's I think the stock was >400, that was last night.

ETA from 44Mag.com

Just looked and they are out of stock
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
In Colorado today NICS checks were backed for an estimated 22 hours. 4473's were stacked up just to enter them in the system.

Neither FFL I visited had ever seen anything like it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Brownells still has AR mags in stock.

A few more Pmags never hurt anyone

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#10]
People have said it, but LaRue has pmags. I just bought 7 Gen2 FDE.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully I am wrong, but I think we have maybe 6 months, at the longest, before major bans are in place.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. 1000%

All these arfcommers who post the "sky is falling" gifs in jest are only fooling themselves.

Quoted:

I'd say give it a couple weeks for teh frenzy to build up even more with teh rumor mills.

You think gun ban rumor mills are going to happen in the next couple weeks?   I say LAWS WILL BE SIGNED before the end of the year!

Friday was the perfect storm the anti's have been waiting for.  A horrenous act that will push all but the most hard-core pro-gun folks over the fence.  The bills have been written for years, sitting in the top drawer of Diane Feinstin's desk.  They were ONLY waiting for THIS to happen.

It HAS happened.  IT IS REAL.  IT IS COMING... SOON.

We had a decent run while it lasted but MAKE NO MISTAKE.  It's over.

I think, and pray I'm right, that the most we will see is no new production, registration, and perhaps no transfer. There are way too many in circulation for any hope of an outright ban or for it to survive court challenge if it did pass.

Expect to see import restrictions the likes of which you've never seen. As in perhaps no parts kits, no foreign mags, no surplus or cheap steel ammo.

HR,

Are you predicting registration?

Registration is as good as an outright ban, because once they have them all registered, the next step will simply be for them to wait until ANOTHER massacre happens, (which, rest assured will eventually happen) at which point they call them all in.

My gut is that there will be no "assault weapons" ban but rather a Semi-Auto ban.  They now know (based on misguided attempts from our own camp of pointing out the sillyness of using cosmetic features to define an AW) their own foolishness.

My personal prediction is a ban on all autoloading firearms (long and shot) that utilize detchable magazines.

ETA:  I think the panic buyers are VERY WELL JUSTIFIED in their actions.  Thankfully, (but unfortunately) I have seen this coming for years and rightfully planned ahead.

I dont see a ban on handguns, ban on standard capacity mags for both long and short guns YEP!!! Here we go again!! As far as the semi autos. It will be a no production, registration and no transfer. Semi auto centerfire (I dont think they will go after Timmy's 10/22) long guns with a detachable magazine..........gone........ I agree, the comsetic definition will not be in play here. SPOILER ALERT!!!!! This reminds me of "Patriots"
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I dont see a ban on handguns, ban on standard capacity mags for both long and short guns YEP!!! Here we go again!! As far as the semi autos. It will be a no production, registration and no transfer. Semi auto centerfire (I dont think they will go after Timmy's 10/22) long guns with a detachable magazine..........gone........ I agree, the comsetic definition will not be in play here. SPOILER ALERT!!!!! This reminds me of "Patriots"

Pekka-Eric Auvinen used a Sig Mosquito .22lr pistol to kill 8 at Jokela High School, in Finland.  What do you think will happen the first time someone walks into a 1st grade class and shoots down 8 kids + their teacher with a 10/22?  

They'll go after all firearms, model by model, if they have to.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate these fucking threads

+1

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 12:32:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Bud's is just about out of every AR type rifle.

Max
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Any chance a ban could usurp the house etc. by way of executive order? If the shootings are classified as domestic terrorism would a ban fall under the authority the president has under the Patriot Act?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#16]
DOES ANYONE HAVE LOWERS IN STOCK??
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:10:08 AM EDT
[#17]
does larue have active stock management?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I've been looking for ya. So far not that I can tell.

I have a lower that I put off building, ordered a kit.  Not sure when I will get it.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:22:44 AM EDT
[#19]
It all started right away I think...

There were a couple of rifles I wanted to get next year, probably don't stand a chance in hell of getting them now so I ended up just getting another colt 6920 and a socom ii.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a lower that I put off building, ordered a kit.  Not sure when I will get it.  

Thanks man. Im me if you find anything. Im heading to 2 local shops in the morning to see if anything is available.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:30:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Panic buying plus Christmas = low inventory.  

No ban is gonna happen, and you'll see a shit ton of lowers at low prices soon enough.

When the first AWB happened, there was no internet and the number of ARs in private hands was tiny compared to now.  There are MILLIONS of AR-15s in civilian hands.  Outlawing them now is simply impractical legislation.  The AR is one of the most, if not THE most popular sport rifle in America.  A ban and confiscation would be the largest of its kind anywhere in the world.  There aren't the resources to do it, they know most wouldn't comply with it, and they'd be criminalizing literally millions of people overnight.    It would be an outright disaster.

It simply is NOT going to pass Congress...there aren't anywhere near the votes.  House or Senate.  And when the thing is actually in committees and testimony is happening, if it ever gets that far, the reality is that the legislation is doomed to failure.

And nobody is going to want this to come to a vote before the mid term elections anyways.  If anything, you have 2 years before this becomes a real issue.

If anything, we as gun owners have done our jobs by buying these in record numbers, making it the genie you can't out back in the bottle.

That kind of thinking (which is borderline apathy) doesn't help...

With a massacre of this magnitude it is simply unavoidable that that congress will do something...I expect that we will see Republicans cave left and right on this issue...
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:11:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No ban is gonna happen, and you'll see a shit ton of lowers at low prices soon enough.

When the first AWB happened, there was no internet and the number of ARs in private hands was tiny compared to now.  There are MILLIONS of AR-15s in civilian hands.  Outlawing them now is simply impractical legislation.  The AR is one of the most, if not THE most popular sport rifle in America.  A ban and confiscation would be the largest of its kind anywhere in the world.  There aren't the resources to do it, they know most wouldn't comply with it, and they'd be criminalizing literally millions of people overnight.    It would be an outright disaster.

It simply is NOT going to pass Congress...there aren't anywhere near the votes.  House or Senate.  And when the thing is actually in committees and testimony is happening, if it ever gets that far, the reality is that the legislation is doomed to failure.

And nobody is going to want this to come to a vote before the mid term elections anyways.  If anything, you have 2 years before this becomes a real issue.

If anything, we as gun owners have done our jobs by buying these in record numbers, making it the genie you can't out back in the bottle.

With a massacre of this magnitude it is simply unavoidable that that congress will do something...I expect that we will see Republicans cave left and right on this issue...

Okay.  Republicans cave and 'do something.'  Let's say there is much greater restriction on owning/transferring these weapons.  That doesn't stop another attack because there are still so many weapons 'on the street.'  Then there is another attack.  And another one.  Republicans keep doing something.  Anything to demonstrate they 'care' about the problem.  Nothing works because nothing is going to work.  The sooner the Republicans realize that attempts to 'control' the weapons is an exercise in futility, the faster they can address the real solution.

The nice thing about our Constitution is it introduces time into the legislative process for reflection and debate.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:14:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay.  Republicans cave and 'do something.'  Let's say there is much greater restriction on owning/transferring these weapons.  That doesn't stop another attack because there are still so many weapons 'on the street.'  Then there is another attack.  And another one.  Republicans keep doing something.  Anything to demonstrate they 'care' about the problem.  Nothing works because nothing is going to work.  The sooner the Republicans realize that attempts to 'control' the weapons is an exercise in futility, the faster they can address the real solution.

The nice thing about our Constitution is it introduces time into the legislative process for reflection and debate.

I'm not a gloom and doomer.    But how did that health care shit go ?  

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:19:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I'm not a gloom and doomer. But how did that health care shit go ?

"We cannot wait another day for this important legislation!  We cannot risk another even like this occuring!  We've got to pass this legislation NOW, for the children!  Pass it, and then you can see what's in it!"
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:25:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I tried to find mags both AR and for my Glock 19 with no luck..guess I shouldnt be surprised, did buy a upper yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not a gloom and doomer. But how did that health care shit go ?

"We cannot wait another day for this important legislation!  We cannot risk another even like this occuring!  We've got to pass this legislation NOW, for the children!  Pass it, and then you can see what's in it!"
Sucks.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:36:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I cannot believe the number of people on here that dont think the ban is coming. Listen to the news, talk radio etc.... I have heard many "former" gun supporters both liberal AND conservative saying that we dont need these "assault" weapons. I wish it wasnt gonna happen BUT it is. I didnt panic in 08 but I am now!!!!

Whistling past the graveyard......
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Stripped lowers here R guns
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:38:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks man. Im me if you find anything. Im heading to 2 local shops in the morning to see if anything is available.

wideners.com is showing LRB lowers in stock.  there website is getting hammered i think, very quirky, but i was able to add some to my cart, showed 14 in stock

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:42:18 AM EDT
[#31]
10 pack pmag 30's black $124.99

not my ad...but did buy a few sets

Will see if they no stock me

Showed plenty of inventory

Pmag deal
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:42:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Any chance a ban could usurp the house etc. by way of executive order? If the shootings are classified as domestic terrorism would a ban fall under the authority the president has under the Patriot Act?

About 0% chance of that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:45:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was passed hen the Dems controlled the House, which they do not do, at the present time.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:45:37 AM EDT
[#34]
this is why you stock up on stuff like this before ban hits the air

or you just suck it up and pay out the ass

or you don't buy

why complain?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:52:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I tried to find mags both AR and for my Glock 19 with no luck..guess I shouldnt be surprised, did buy a upper yesterday.

Glock 19 mags in stock here...

Wideners Glock 19 Mags
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:53:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
this is why you stock up on stuff like this before ban hits the air

or you just suck it up and pay out the ass

or you don't buy

why complain?

+1

I've had all my "oh noez! The ban is coming!"   stuff since early 2008.  Everything since then is gravy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was passed hen the Dems controlled the House, which they do not do, at the present time.

Point taken....however, it won't hurt you to take 5 minutes (if you havent done so all ready), and write to your elected officials voicing your opposition to any new gun control as a result of this event.
The antis are loud and are making themselves heard, we need to make ourselves equally loud.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only thing I'm short on is 9mm and I can not find wolf or brown bear 9mm anywhere.  

Just ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm 124gr FMJ boollets for $88.

I'm gonna be a reloading fool.

I ordered 10K Precision Delta to round out my stockpile :)  Still need a few primers though...
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:33:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Ya the whole mess is getting out of hand.

I am have been planning on a new rifle purchase Friday, will wait and see. I want a new botl action. Already have a AR and mags, thinking about maybe picking up another Glock instead. Dont know, will wait and see...
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:41:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Was at my dealer Monday his walls were lined with AR's most around a grand
went in there looking for a SCAR 17 he had 3 and 6 SCAR 16
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:47:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm not familiar with r guns. Worthy?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:47:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The stockpile of 40-50,000 PMags that were on-hand a week or two back?  Gone.  .

Holy shit.

Magpul better be cranking up their injection molding machines. They managed to just barely get caught up with demand after a few months in 2008.

if he's talking about the same distributor i'm thinking about there were 55,000 black regular pmags alone

they sold out of all of them, in every color, even the 20s, which amounts to 100,000+ more at least

it was entertaining to watch the inventory levels fall

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

there are 2 rguns - the one in texas is good.

the rguns in illinois has been known to have a somewhat sketchy reputations in the past (with customer service, quality of parts, business practices), have burned many people, and is considered buyer beware -

some prior threads

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/562172_RGUNS.html

http://ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=534199

there are MANY more

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:45:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Sometime after new years my mom has my unemployed ass painting her house...the funds will go towards a new lower or 5.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ANY Republican that "caves" on this should be primaried.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:On the other hand, the pistol ammo is now out on the floor (!)

9mm FMJ for $0.47/round?  Pass.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

the rguns in illinois has been known to have a somewhat sketchy reputations in the past (with customer service, quality of parts, business practices), have burned many people, and is considered buyer beware -

some prior threads

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/562172_RGUNS.html

http://ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=534199

there are MANY more

I only drove  up there  a few times for ammo.  Counter people seemed cool enough.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I don't beleive we'll see a ban anytime soon.

So, what does your colon taste like?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  The House as well as the Senate will pass the AWB Bill.  Guarandamteed.

You people just have no idea how unsettling the CT incident is and how 90% of America has NO problem with an outright ban on black rifles.  You only look at the world through your limited interaction of arfcom and close circles of friends who have similar beliefs.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Texas = Good
Illinois = Bad

That won't be hard to remember!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top