Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 5:02:07 PM EDT
From the San Jose Mercury News, 06AUG2002, page 15A -

"Mother files motion to keep 'under G-d' part of pledge"

"The mother of the schoolgirl in the controversial Pledge of Allegiance case has filed a motion to keep the words 'under G-d' in the pledge.

"Sandra Banning of Elk Grove filed a motion Monday to intervene in the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals June 26 ruling that the words 'under G-d' make the pledge unconstitutional.  If the court will not allow that, she asks that references to her daughter be taken off the lawsuit.

"Banning said she must intervene on her daughter's bahalf because neither Banning nor her daughter thinks there is anything wrong with reciting the words 'under G-d' in the pledge.

"Banning said she and her daughter are Christians.

"Nichael Newdow, the girl's father and the Sacramento aethist who brought the case to the court of appeals, said his daughter was injured by being forced to listen to children reciting the pledge.  He also claims that he, as the girl's father, was injured.

"Banning has had sole legal custody of the girl since February."

In the same vein, does anyone have a link to the ruling posted by the 9th Circuit?  I'd be interested in trying to read it (without going postal, that is.  Is castration/emasculation becoming a requirement for Federal judges?)

FFZ
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems there is a lot of people dying just to say the name of their god.  Maybe we don't have a Jihad ,maybe we should just stand up and have a GODHEAD,or something like that.      Just saying that my belief in god  and the son Jesus are some of the things I enlisted for, to fight for and to preserve.

So don't try to take these things from me by,moralistic conscience or by vote!

And I will do the same for you.

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top