Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 5:20:34 AM EDT
The son of a Chicago alderman was roughed by a group of would-be thieves Tuesday in Washington Park.

At about 3:45 p.m., Kyle Preckwinkle, 21, son of Ald. Toni Preckwinkle (4th), was sitting on bench at a small park in the 5400 block of South Greenwood Avenue when four teens joined him on the bench, according to Chicago Police spokeswoman Alice Casanova.

Preckwinkle grew suspicious and tried to walk away, but as he headed north on Greenwood, one of the men grabbed him from behind and put him in a headlock while the other three went through his pockets, police said.

When they found nothing to steal, the four began to punch the victim in the face and body, and one of the men picked up a piece of concrete and struck him in the head, said Casanova.

The teens fled, and Preckwinkle was treated for cuts and bruises at University of Chicago Hospital.

No one was in custody.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#1]
No,  the esteemed alderman will call for an all out ban on gun just cause the headlocker might have had a gun, or threatened to use one.  He'll push for more restrictions and licensing to "headlocking terrorists"
I suspect he'll also call for licensing and waiting periods on headlocks of up to 15 days.  The NHA (National Headlock Association) won't do a damn thing about it but call it reasonable crime legislation.

Anyone ever notice how when the news people talking heads are reporting a stabbing/beating/mugging/mangling on tv, they always have a picture of a gun behind them on the graphic?  Ohhhh I hate that.

Crash.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 6:43:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always noticed the gun pic up on the screen. Even when there was NO GUN INVOLVED!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top