Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been short on funds, but let's keep this thread going!
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like that inert 16" battleship projo is still for sale on gunbroker.  Surely one of us *needs* that!
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 12:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks like that inert 16" battleship projo is still for sale on gunbroker.  Surely one of us *needs* that!

Nicely restored and the driving bands are in perfect shape!
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I "need" it but for for money it would cost to buy it and then ship it, I would probably buy a bunch of other ordnance stuff.  It is pretty awesome though if you have the room for it and had a floor that could support it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

QFT.  During my EOD days we did at least a dozen calls a year to pick up inert stuff from widows and divorcees.

Then again... some was inert.......some was nert.

We used to get a lot of calls from widows on Jap stuff. Mostly Type 97's, 99's and "knee' mortars. I never saw a Japanese grenade that was inert.

Link Posted: 5/6/2013 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Taking pictures of some of my stuff since my last update.  Should have a post written up within an hour or so.  Stay tuned
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]
First up is a pretty common item.  This is a partially wooden(but weighted like a live round) loading dummy for the 3 inch naval gun used from before WWII through the end of the cold war.  The case is for the round although it might not be for the exact variation of the round.

This is a canister cup for the 105mm canister round(XM1040) designed for the Striker MGS 105mm gun

Bomb-looking tail section.  No idea what it goes to.

90mm M689 Practice round that appears to be fired in training to replicate a live HEAT round.  This round is fired by the Cockerill 90 mm Mk8 gun.

This is an inert "Smokey SAM".  These are used during military exercises to mimic the visual affect of a SAM(surface to air missile).

90mm RR(recoilless rifle) M371A1 HEAT(High Explosive Anti Tank) round.  Empty and inert.  Still has the copper shape charge cone inside

4.2 inch mortar round with inerted fuze

37mm M51 TP(training practice) round.  This was used in the M3 anti-tank gun during WWII.  A variation of this gun was used as the main gun in the Stuart tank.

22mm M747 mortar subcaliber practice round.  This round is used with subcaliber mortar adaptors to practice using the mortar

Sealed in can, M158 Red Star Cluster.  Handheld flare launcher that shoots a rocket up in the air that releases 5 red star flares.

40mm L70 Bofors M822 round without fuze.  This round was supposedly designed for the M-247 sargent york project and has tungston balls embedded in the walls of the round.

VOG-17m 30mm round used in the AGS-17 automatic grenade launcher.  This round is inert and FFE and has all the internal parts.

Soviet F1 anti-personal grenade.  This is an inerted grenade with inerted fuze(not a dummy reproduction with the hole in the bottom).

VOG-25 40mm grenade.  Real inerted round(free from explosive) with internal parts.  This is similar to the VOG-25p I posted on page 4 of this thread but this one doesn't have the bounding feature.  Both are used in the same underbarrel grenade launcher mounted to the bottom of AK47's.

Inert HGR Splitter DM51 antipersonal grenade.  Inerted item and also repainted but not a replica or reproduction.

Optics mount for the AT4 anti-tank launcher.  This allows the use of optics, specifically night vision, on regular AT4's.

Not 100% sure what these 2 are.  If anyone knows, speak up.  I have them pictured with a 20mm round for size comparison.  After some research, best I can tell is both of these are plugs that go in the back of a larger round(155mm I think) that is a payload round(holds panphlets, submunitions, etc).  The smaller one appears to be some sort of alloy but both are heavy.  Markings are pictured for the black one.  The OD one has a serial number on it but is appears that number varies slighty between the other 2 identical ones that the guy had so I'm guessing its a serial number and its not a model number.  

Last is a PG-9 rocket, fully inert, but with all the internal parts.  This is not the same as those red PG-15 resin filled rockets that have popped up lately(although I will probably get one of those too)

Thats it for now.  Hopefully I'll have more things to post soon.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Great update!
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Just flipping through this thread and some pretty cool collections. I can see a multi block evacuations form LE or Fire Dept's if they stumbled upon some of these collections under the wrong circumstances.
Front page news!
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got this piece...

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool pics, OP.

I didnt read the whole thread, someone MAY have linked this already, but....

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#13]
And this for the MK82

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Cool pics, OP.

That's awesome.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#15]

I should be able to recognize that...but don't.

Please give me a hint.

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#16]
That is a weird looking 4.2 inch mortar.  Do you have the nomenclature for it?
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I should be able to recognize that...but don't.

Please give me a hint.

Outer skin for the guidance control section of a AIM-9L/M Sidewinder missile
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#18]
OP,

Have you ever had issues with UPS, FEDEX, USPS tearing open the packages after an X-ray?
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't.  It doesn't have any markings that I can see.  The large interior is completely empty.  No plug or cap on the bottom.  The person selling to me said it was a 4.2 inch mortar so thats what I assumed it was.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP,

Have you ever had issues with UPS, FEDEX, USPS tearing open the packages after an X-ray?

I haven't had any issues.  None of the carriers have restrictions on inert ordnance, just live stuff.  Many people include a note when they ship saying that it is inert just in case the box breaks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  It doesn't have any markings that I can see.  The large interior is completely empty.  No plug or cap on the bottom.  The person selling to me said it was a 4.2 inch mortar so thats what I assumed it was.

Looks all wrong for a 4.2".

My guess would be a old Navy 4" or 5" illumination round. I looked in OP1664 and a few were close, but nothing matches IMO.

When you have time, Whip out a set of calipers and measure the  diameter at the bourrelet and at the rotating bands (where they were). The width of the band channel would be good too.

ETA: What's the color on this thing. It's looking light green to me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess would be a old Navy 4" or 5" illumination round. I looked in OP1664 and a few were close, but nothing like a match.

When you have time, Whip out a set of calipers and measure the  diameter at the bourrelet and at the rotating bands (where they were). The width of the band channel would be good too.

My thoughts exactly.

Can you read the nomenclature on the fuze?  That might help in id'ing the round.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess would be a old Navy 4" or 5" illumination round. I looked in OP1664 and a few were close, but nothing matches IMO.

ETA: What's the color on this thing. It's looking light green to me.

Color is white.  I'll get some more pictures here in a second
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess would be a old Navy 4" or 5" illumination round. I looked in OP1664 and a few were close, but nothing like a match.

My thoughts exactly.

Can you read the nomenclature on the fuze?  That might help in id'ing the round.

Fuze is MTSQ M776.  After doing some searching, I think this one is part of a spent 120mm illumination round.  Check out the photo at this link and compare the top half to my item.  http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/120mm-mortar-artillery-display-shell-inert
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#25]
big-badda-bump
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#26]
buuuuuuuuuuuuump!
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Cool pics, OP.

Link Posted: 7/1/2013 1:51:49 AM EDT
[#28]
BUMP for the NSA
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#29]
There's some good stuff for sale on GB right now.

GBU cutaway and rocket pods???
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There's some good stuff for sale on GB right now.

GBU cutaway and rocket pods???

VERY nice stuff!! I just want the cart the rocket pod is on :-)
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Here are a few of the newer items.  I still have some tank projectiles(APFSDS and APDS) and a M72A1 LAW tube on the way and hopefully an demilled RPG-7.

3' Mk29 Mod 2 naval round.  These are APC-HE(armor piercing capped High explosive) rounds with a small HE charge(inert now of course) triggered by a base fuze.  The 3" naval guns were used for both anti-aircraft and surface targets, such as surfaced submarines.

This is a 75mm APC-HE-T round used in many guns during the WWII era, most famously the Sherman tank.  

This in an empty missile tube from an Soviet AT-4 FAGOT anti-tank missile system.  This system is similar to our TOW missile system.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Update...

SW#1 got a repro GCU made out of aluminum billet. All she needs is a paint job and she's done. I'll post pics of SW#2 tomorrow.

Link Posted: 7/30/2013 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update...

SW#1 got a repro GCU made out of aluminum billet. All she needs is a paint job and she's done. I'll post pics of SW#2 tomorrow.

http://imageshack.us/a/img16/937/tfv8.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1664/0igk.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img209/2562/b1jj.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img13/3725/wrco.jpg
View Quote

That is COOL!
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I put a pair of live 20 and 25mm rounds up on the EE. If anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Here's the TOW BGM-71E...

I'll be getting rid of the yellow band and put a blue one back on.

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Wait till someone calls the police and tells them you have bazookas.  Let us know how it feels to have flash bangs going off in your house.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5214/yfx5.jpg
View Quote

Where'd you pickup the TOW?  I've been looking for one of those.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Impressive!
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm already the high bidder :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Man, you are more into ordnance then I could ever try to be!

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My friend picked up the body in an auction out of Iowa for an insanely low price. Folks did not know what they had. One of his friends had the warhead and fuze.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Man, you are more into ordnance then I could ever try to be!  
View All Quotes

I like all sorts of stuff but missiles/rockets are my favorite, especially things like SAM's.  This inert stinger would be one of my grails.  Too bad they couldn't make it a 14 day auction so I would have more time to pull together funds.  Sadly, there's a good chance it goes for more than I'm able to pull together.  

If anyone is interested in buying some of my rocket stuff (M20A1B1 Superbazooka, LAW rocket, M72A2 LAW, maybe a SA-7 tube) contingent upon me winning the stinger auction, let me know via PM.  Only reason I would even consider selling some of my stuff is because I can replace it easier at a later date compared to finding a complete stinger kit again.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks, just joined the group and posted a question. Hope it grows bigger!
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I'm already the high bidder :)
View All Quotes
You better hurry up and throw down 3k!  It only has 15 min. left

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You better hurry up and throw down 3k!  It only has 15 min. left  
View All Quotes

I was tapped out before it hit 2k.  I bet it will shoot up towards the end with some bid sniping.  I know of at least one large ordnance dealer in the mix.  If I had to place a bet, I'd guess that it'll sell for around $3000.  It's a bidding frenzy.

**edit**
I guess I was wrong.  It didn't hit the hidden reserve and bidding topped out just over $2k.  Thats almost tempting territory.  Maybe if the next auction ends after the next pay period.  I'm don't know what the actual worth is but I haven't seen a stinger come up for sale on gunbroker or ebay in the last year of my collecting.  Last USGI MANPAD I've seen sell was a great condition Redeye that sold for around $1700 on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
That is COOL!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Update...

http://imageshack.us/a/img16/937/tfv8.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1664/0igk.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img209/2562/b1jj.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img13/3725/wrco.jpg

That is COOL!
This!

FML
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top