User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/20/2012 7:22:57 AM EDT
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/07/army_drinkwine_070410w/

Commander’s wife banned from brigade

By Joe Gould - Staff writer

Posted : Sunday Jul 4, 2010 10:10:06 EDT

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Lt. Col. Frank Jenio was hit by an ear-splitting hourlong tirade from his commander’s wife, Leslie Drinkwine, complaining about the roster of his battalion family readiness group.

CoC10

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#1]
pretty bad when a 3star has to investigate!
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:26:59 AM EDT
[#3]
someone needs to put the woman in her place
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#4]
And people wonder why James Mattis is a bachelor.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:29:11 AM EDT
[#5]
12 years of service and single.

I think the idea of a wife in FRG scared me single.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I bet she has red hair and blue eyes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#7]

yes it is
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#9]
So not a lot has changed over the years.

Officers wives throwing thier weight around as if they hold the rank.

GD
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Fucking wives that think their husbands rank transfers to them in all situations.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#13]
When I scanned past it, I read it as "wife banged by brigade"
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah really, WTF?
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#15]
2 year old story, but yeah... Officer wives...
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if the name "drinkwine" was an indian name for something.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah really, WTF?

I'm betting we know who wears the jump boots in the Drinkwine quarters. Weak ass pussy on a pedestal apparently doesn't.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I wonder if the name "drinkwine" was an indian name for something.

It's an old Choctaw word for pussy whipped I believe.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I explicitly forbade my wife from getting involved in FRG during deployments.

Most of the other wives were a bunch of emotionally unstable busy bodies, some of whom eventually got turned out by some of our rear detachment.

Fuck that noise. I never wanted my wife to become an Army wife.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When I scanned past it, I read it as "wife banged by brigade"

After reading the article I think that might have helped.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i49.tinypic.com/14indlg.jpg

Guilty.  

I was close.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i49.tinypic.com/14indlg.jpg

Guilty.  

I was close.

you speak from experience?
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I remember this when it first came out. You know this woman spent her husband's entire career ruining the lives of anyone subordinate to him. I'd bet she was a nightmare for his platoon sergeant when the dude was a butter bar.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If the Army wanted you to have a wife, they would have issued you one.  

Sig-line worthy?

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:03:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Any woman that EVEN thinks it's OK to mess with a man's career and work place should be outright paddled like a child.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Shit like this makes me wonder how we have a first class military...

And then I remember it is the enlisted folks that actually make it work.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#29]
So is the commander facing any disciplinary issues for fostering this sort of environment? Banishing the wife is necessary  but the commander is the guilty party in this matter.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, he's never gonna get a star.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Shit like this makes me wonder how we have a first class military...

And then I remember it is the enlisted folks that actually make it work.

Please, there are equally retarded, if not worse, wives amongst the enlisted - they are just more likely to be out sucking random dick instead of starting cheeky arguments over tea with other bitches.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Tell that bitch to be cool.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I remember this when it first came out. You know this woman spent her husband's entire career ruining the lives of anyone subordinate to him. I'd bet she was a nightmare for his platoon sergeant when the dude was a butter bar.

This is what really bother me the most when senior people are found to have such... issues

I still hold that these incidents should warrant an immediate review of the files and potential promotions or education opportunities lost by all people he has senior rated his entire career.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what really bother me the most when senior people are found to have such... issues

I still hold that these incident should warrant an immediate review of the files and potential promotions or education opportunities lost by all people he has senior rated his entire career.

a lt. colonel and csm were relieved of command while they were deployed in the sandbox. its a shame because you know the army isn't going to go back and make it right.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Pam Wawrzyniak’s statement said Leslie Drinkwine spotted her months later while driving on the road and pulled her truck in front of her to stop her. Leslie Drinkwine demanded she attend a predeployment luncheon, saying, “If you don’t show up, I will have [Col. Drinkwine] hang your husband!” Wawrzyniak’s 7-year-old son told her afterward, “‘Mom, I was afraid she was going to hurt you!’“

She needs a psych eval.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#36]
The whole FSG is a vast waste of time and effort.  It is generally  a place for gossip backbitting and any number of stupid things to happen.  As a young SP4 in the early 90s my wife had no interest in participating, as things went on I was glad.  And our company FSG leader was one of the platoon sgts wives, and she was actually really nice, it was some of the other women that were insane.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still hold that these incident should warrant an immediate review of the files and potential promotions or education opportunities lost by all people he has senior rated his entire career.

I spent a fair bit of time around army officers, and on average they have as many issues as anyone else (human problems, not army/officer issues) and a belief that they are inherently superior to everyone else. This is a generalization, of course, and not meant to describe all of them.

My ex-wife was a Cpt., and even knowing I had been an enlisted soldier before we met didn't stop her from speaking of enlisted soldiers like they were barely human, in spite of the fact that her own father (her inspiration for wanting to be an army officer in the first place) came up through the ranks to get a commission.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the Army wanted you to have a wife, they would have issued you one.  

Sig-line worthy?

Very old military axiom.  Heard it first in 1977 when I was in basic at Lackland AFB.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Crazy wife
Power trip
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spent a fair bit of time around army officers, and on average they have as many issues as anyone else (human problems, not army/officer issues) and a belief that they are inherently superior to everyone else. This is a generalization, of course, and not meant to describe all of them.

My ex-wife was a Cpt., and even knowing I had been an enlisted soldier before we met didn't stop her from speaking of enlisted soldiers like they were barely human, in spite of the fact that her own father (her inspiration for wanting to be an army officer in the first place) came up through the ranks to get a commission.

It continues to amaze me what some people can spin into an officer vs. enlisted issue.

Has it occurred to you that your opinion and your wife's were both based on the same tribal / stereotype thinking, but coming from different perspectives?
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#41]
I hate it when spouses try to assume the rank of his/her spouse. I've heard "do you know who my husband is?" from spouses of members of congress and flag officers alike. At NNMC, we had the spouse of a Congressman walking around the hospital, barging into PACU and patient rooms, ordering doctors and nurses around "you must give this poor boy more painkillers." She was a royal PITA.  I didn't like it when Hillary thought she was co-president and I don't like it today.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#42]
I remember a story about Lewis "Chesty" Puller after he assumed command of the Second Marine Division.  He was asked to address the Marine Corps Officer's Wives club concerning their "rank."  He walked up to the podium and said words to the effect,  "With concerns about your rank, you don't have any."  He turned and walked away from the podium.

Bilster
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So not a lot has changed over the years.

Officers wives throwing thier weight around as if they hold the rank.

GD

I spent half of my career as enlisted and half as a regular officer.   I saw several sickening displays of senior officer's wives being abusive to subordinate troops and/or their wives.   In most cases, these SUPER BITCHES had husbands who were really rather mild individuals and were pussy whooped.   Yes, not all senior officers are George Patton types.   Some are not all that in control of their wives.   Just remember that some day their husbands will have to retire and then reality usually slaps these bitches in the face.

When I became a regular officer, I promised myself that I would never be abusive to subordinant troops and use my rank for selfish reasons.  The military is a big, big organization.   You encounter all sorts of people -some good and some bad.   Unfortunately, a bad person/wife can get by with a lot many times if they have some rank.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It continues to amaze me what some people can spin into an officer vs. enlisted issue.

Has it occurred to you that your opinion and your wife's were both based on the same tribal / stereotype thinking, but coming from different perspectives?

Stereotypes are things you apply to people you have not taken the time to get to know. They tend not to be used between people who know each other intimately.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I remember a story about Lewis "Chesty" Puller after he assumed command of the Second Marine Division. He was asked to address the Marine Corps Officer's Wives club concerning their "rank." He walked up to the podium and said words to the effect, "With concerns about your rank, you don't have any." He turned and walked away from the podium.

Bilster

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stereotypes are things you apply to people you have not taken the time to get to know. They tend not to be used between people who know each other intimately.

Yes, and...?
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I hate it when spouses try to assume the rank of his/her spouse. I've heard "do you know who my husband is?" from spouses of members of congress and flag officers alike. At NNMC, we had the spouse of a Congressman walking around the hospital, barging into PACU and patient rooms, ordering doctors and nurses around "you must give this poor boy more painkillers." She was a royal PITA. I didn't like it when Hillary thought she was co-president and I don't like it today.

my uncle is retired fbi. his fraternity brother / business partner is retired secret service. they've both said hillary is the most vile person they ever had to deal with. pretty sad!
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I hate it when spouses try to assume the rank of his/her spouse. I've heard "do you know who my husband is?" from spouses of members of congress and flag officers alike. At NNMC, we had the spouse of a Congressman walking around the hospital, barging into PACU and patient rooms, ordering doctors and nurses around "you must give this poor boy more painkillers." She was a royal PITA.  I didn't like it when Hillary thought she was co-president and I don't like it today.

Only thing worse than the spouses is the secretaries.  I'm learning that this dynamic is especially fascinating in DoS.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Welcome to 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#50]
A real army wife knows her place in the Army.  You are proud of your hubby, you bake little cakes etc and that's it.  You don't get into the inner workings of daily military life.  See that is the problem, most women (especially officers wives) think they wear their hubby's rank.  That is a big no no.

I was FSG leader for a little while.  I had to let that job go.  I had wives calling me all hours of the night––and don't let the guys be on deployment.  It was terrible.

On a whole––Officers wives are shepherds for the devil I mean they work for the devil *lol*.  They are mean and on top of that snooty.  I got invited to an officers tea as an enlisted wife.  I bet you can imagine how that went over..

I got the speech from the CO though right before we got married––about the Army issuing a wife––thank God my dad and brother had been in and already briefed me on that *lol*.  

I tell all of my friends––know your role when you are married to a man in the military––it's not sexist or any of that––it is just a completely different lifestyle to live.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top