Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Later that week.

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 4:07:16 AM EDT
[#2]
near the beginning, did you see the chick in the giant f'ing hat?  it was bigger around than she was!
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 4:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That film is believed to have been filmed in 1905.
The San Fran earthquake was in 1906.

My great-grandfather lost everything but survived the earthquake, then moved back to the midwest... I have lots of cool pictures he took
and several panaromamic pics of before and after... He always referred to it as "the fire and the earthquake"
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Even guys riding bikes were wearing suits.......everyone had a suit and tie.

The thing that struck me as odd though......didnt anybody have a fucking job back then? Holy shit, how the hell did EVERYONE in that city have the time to stand around outside....get back to work!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 4:59:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
quality is terrible..

Take a modern device back and make a better one...

"Looking for a volunteer to join me on a journey into the past.  I've only done this once.  Can't guarantee your safety."
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That film is believed to have been filmed in 1905.
The San Fran earthquake was in 1906.

I'm "pretty sure" I recognized a car not built until the Ninteen-teens.

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 5:12:12 AM EDT
[#7]
That's pretty damn cool.  I winder I'd there was a sign telling people what was going on?  That kid running infront of it was funny and the 2 hanging onto the car as it was driving.  Awesome
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 5:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
quality is terrible..

Still clearer than many YouTube vids.

There must not have been such a high rate of Parkinson's back then....
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 5:14:16 AM EDT
[#9]
If it is lost then how is it on youtube.  wouldn't it be a found film?

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 5:16:19 AM EDT
[#10]
That's the first video ever taken by site staff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Video is racist.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 5:28:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Tagged for later viewing . . .
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 6:21:35 AM EDT
[#13]
The decline of the hat probbly started with the widening availability of sunglasses.

Eta: I wonder why so many stopped to look at the camera, was it not semi obscured on a passenger trolley?   Or an attention drawing cart with a 5 man crew yelling directions and cranking away at the camera?  Did they advertise the filming so people could get a chance to run in front of it?

Interesting.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The decline of the hat probbly started with the widening availability of sunglasses.

Eta: I wonder why so many stopped to look at the camera, was it not semi obscured on a passenger trolley?   Or an attention drawing cart with a 5 man crew yelling directions and cranking away at the camera?  Did they advertise the filming so people could get a chance to run in front of it?

Interesting.

I think it was advertised that it was going to be filmed. If you pay attention it's the same cars riding around making U-turns and generally getting in the way of decent wagonmasters and cyclists  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top