Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2002 6:08:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
So you're driving 55 or 60 in a 40 MPH zone, skidding around corners to stay ahead of traffic, and you're veiwing those who drive faster as idiots.

Are the ones going slower jerks?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This time I was driving my car, an '01 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS (not really important).
View Quote

So, when are you going to get that WRX?[:D]  I really want that car, but I can't for a few years.[V]

But I'll be honest, for about a second and a half I was tempted to brake check her on the off ramp. But, judging by the apparent disrepair of her vehicle she probably would have slammed into the back of me and I'm glad I let cooler heads prevail this time.
View Quote

That really would have sucked.

So, was she harassing this guy because he moved to the right, or was she just driving like an ass because she was in a hurry.  Anyway, glad you were not involved...maintain composure.  There are too many crazy people out there with something to prove.  Oh, and BTW, slow down!  Although if I ever go to WAS, I do want a ride!

Take good care.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And as for the speed.... 55-60 on that road is just "keeping up with traffic"
View Quote

[b][red]BULLSHIT!![/red][/b] Look, I ain't saying I'm a saint, but speeding is speeding is speeding is speeding.  So don't try to call it something it ain't.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[b][red]BULLSHIT!![/red][/b] Look, I ain't saying I'm a saint, but speeding is speeding is speeding is speeding.  So don't try to call it something it ain't.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#7]
NOPE!!!!!!

The safest speed to drive is one within 2 standard deviations of the average speed of traffic.  

I also guess that neither of you have driven in Dallas.  

Also, "SPEEDING" is just means for revenue, or pollution control.  Here in Texas large cities had their top speed limit lowered by 5mph for EPA reasons.  So "speeding is speeding" is a bs arguement.  

Vehicles are safer, handle better, roads are built safer.  The speed limit should be much higher.  The fact that some idiot in some office thinks that at point a, the speed limit should be something and at point be, a safer place to go faster, it should be something slower is bogus.

My only advice, STAY OUT OF THE RIGHT LANE if you are not passing.

TXLEWIS

[flame suit on]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Darkhelmet,

You should listen to a song by Offspring, it's called "Driving" or "Bad Habit", or something like that.

Balming
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sgtar15
View Quote

Never driven on WA roads have you?  Usually 15 to 20 over is the norm.  People doing the speed limit are being past left and right.  Please don't flame people when you dont know the situation.  What you did to DH is he same as the Anti's saying you have no need for your guns.  Knowing the area he is in, I'm suprised he didn't get shot at last week!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I bet the same thing happens all day long at that exit. You were just 'lucky' enough to see it twice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Again...BULLSHIT!!

Yes tickets are revenue.  Yes cars are saefr nowadays.  But driving fast in the rain were your tires lose control is not safe driving!!  I don't care what the posted speed limit was, by his own addmission he was driving unsafely!

I live in the Capital of California so I know what speeding is all about.  Our highways are posted at 65MPH yet people drive at 80-90 on a regular basis.  So I do know were he is coming from.  But because other morons drive 15mph+ over the limit doesn't mean I do.  Why??  Because I know how long it takes to stop a car, I know that faster speed rarely saves any time, and I know that cars have improved but peoples driving skills haven't!!

If you don't understand that then you only will when you hit something at 80mph and realize that it could have been avoided had you been going 65.

BTW, Guns are a right, driving is a privileadge!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#12]
If you are going into a drift, you are going to fast.  At least to bitch at other people about their driving. [;)]

BTW, I LOVE MY WRX! [:D]  The car rocks, and I got an AT wagon.  Kinda regret not getting the manual, but WTH, thats why we have a sportscar in the garage.  When you are ready, check out the people at [url]www.i-club.com[/url] , talking to people in my area saved my a bunch of money and hassle when I was ready to buy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#16]
First of all, Subaru IMO has always had some of the ugliest cars.

They finally get a body style that looks awesome and has a great sporty look to it in the 2.5 RS Impreza

Then they announce that they are coming out with a Sporty Turbo in the Americas.

In my head I picture a 2.5RS with a serious engine and suspension in it.

Then the WRX is released.
2 words. BUTT UGLY!!!

Anyone checks out the outline of the wheel wells in front and back? What a joke.

Anyways, darkhelmet.

In this case, it sounds like you kept your cool, but keep in mind, your actions today can even egg people on!!

If someone is having a bad day or is just straight up a bad driver or mentally unstable, actions such as bursts of acceleration or taking turns noticeably fast can get people all worked up on the road!!
It's like clockwork! I drive on the freeway systems all day around the Portland Metro area, and it's the same situation.

Plus, haven't you learn to not get black women worked up?

Try something new, STOP DRAWING ATTENTION TO YOURSELF ON THE ROAD!
You will be surprised how many times you can get home after work without someone even looking at you if you just pick a lane and drive THE SPEED Limit or 5mph over.

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#17]
[i][b]almost the exact same incident happens[/i][/b]

DH - time to call a spade a spade. This is the 3rd post like this that can recall from you.

You're a passive aggressive lil asshole.

Too bad the state issued you a drivers license and a CCW - you are not responsible enough for either.

Mark my words, one of 4 things will happen:

1. You will wise up
2. You will cause an accident, get someone hurt or killed, be sued, and maybe go to jail.
3. Shoot someone. Get sued, go to jail.
4. Get your lunch handed to you - and if you lucky - be alive at the end of it.

Grow up
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
NOPE!!!!!!

The safest speed to drive is one within 2 standard deviations of the average speed of traffic.  

I also guess that neither of you have driven in Dallas.  

Also, "SPEEDING" is just means for revenue, or pollution control.  Here in Texas large cities had their top speed limit lowered by 5mph for EPA reasons.  So "speeding is speeding" is a bs arguement.  

Vehicles are safer, handle better, roads are built safer.  The speed limit should be much higher.  The fact that some idiot in some office thinks that at point a, the speed limit should be something and at point be, a safer place to go faster, it should be something slower is bogus.

[red]My only advice, STAY OUT OF THE RIGHT LANE if you are not passing.[/red]

TXLEWIS

[flame suit on]
View Quote

Where I come from the right lane is for the slower drivers, lanes to the left are for higher speed.

Jake
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Then the WRX is released.
2 words. BUTT UGLY!!!

View Quote

Here is what my wagon looks like:
[img]www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/2002/images/sb2002imprezawrx03.jpg[/img]

I know it is not everyone's cup-o-tea, but I think it is about the best looking wagon out there.  So do many people I meet.  The looks really grow on you.  And it is a great balance of fun and practicality.  0-60 in under 7 seconds and I can carry the two pooches. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top