Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2002 8:38:20 PM EDT
... Seems we scrambled some F-16's yesterday to identify some sort of space / air craft over Washington.

... Apparently, it was witnessed to be able to "leave the F-16's" behind.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8131-2002Jul26.html[url]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
As if the ragheads werent bad enough now we have aliens!
[url]www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8131-2002Jul26.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Or the government just tried to intercept itself...

I'll believe in aliens when I see one. Besides, thinking that whatever-that-was flys for US is far more 'interesting'...

1 a.m., 'looks like a shooting star w/o tail', etc... And we do have faster jets than F-16s...
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Aurora shows up again....
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Or the government just tried to intercept itself...

I'll believe in aliens when I see one. Besides, thinking that whatever-that-was flys for US is far more 'interesting'...

View Quote

Whatever the case, it's pretty interesting.

I'm not saying it's aliens.

But when was the last time you heard national coverage of American fighters scrambled because of strange blue lights?  

Strange indeed. I could see this over Nevada, what with the hype and all.

But D.C. and Maryland? Not the best area for "experimental" aircraft.

It is a bit odd.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... Seems we scrambled some F-16's yesterday to identify some sort of space / air craft over Washington.

View Quote
Speaking of F16s [b]Winston_Wolf[/b], did you see the two F16 that were scrambled over Chandler yesterday morning?

Apparently some student pilot mistakenly punched in the distress code for "hijack". Within minutes there were a couple of F16s circling in a very "angry" pattern flying very low over the Chandler/Ahwuatukee area.

Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
Speaking of F16s [b]Winston_Wolf[/b], did you see the two F16 that were scrambled over Chandler yesterday morning?

Apparently some student pilot mistakenly punched in the distress code for "hijack". Within minutes there were a couple of F16s circling in a very "angry" pattern flying very low over the Chandler/Ahwuatukee area.

View Quote

... No I didn't [b]The_Macallan[/b] but my brother lives next to Stellar airpark where the event was centered. He said he could see Sidewinders and pilots helmets during banking manuevers. Lil' brother said he and the kids were quite shaken because of their proximity and the mystery of just why they were there.
He suspected a commercial carrier in "trouble".
Good thing it turned out like it did.

(spelling)
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
... No I didn't [b]The_Macallan[/b] but my brother lives next to Stellar airpark where the event was centered. He said he could see Sidewinders and pilots helmets during banking manuevers. Lil' brother said he and the kids were quite shaken because of their proximity and the mystery of just why they were there.
View Quote
Yeah, it sure as hell got my attention and I'm about three miles from Stellar.

But I didn't see anything mentioned in the news about it. My uncle said he heard about what happened but I searched the papers and found nothing.

It was a very impressive display. It's good to know they mean business. Talk about kicking a hornet's nest! [shock]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard about this today from my GF’s mother. We don’t watch TV here and there hasn’t been anything on the radio and we don’t read the WaSLANTinton Post.

I will say that the weather here has been strange the last few days. Very hazy and overcast. Fairly typical Washington summer. But what is weird is I’ve also had more than the usual  trouble with my cell phone. Definitely more dropped calls that usual. I was thinking that it was the weather...

Dunno...

Sure with I coulda seen it though.

Another fully thing. Just last night I was talking with my friends about UFO’s and asked them the obligatory, “Have you ever seen a UFO?” Later last night, Probably about 1:00 AM, I logged on here and was gonna post that same question! Then at the last moment I decided to just go to bed....

The truth is out there.........

‘nighty night!

--LS
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Foo Fighters!! Yeah Baby, Yeah!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#10]
cool...ufo's   maybe that other post about time travel really did happen and someone from ar15.com payed the 10bucks, went foward in time and got some specs to build a super fast flying object and got them back here.  that was his test flight and then he is gonna market the new product and make lots of money. then he is gonna send me a whole bunch aswell!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#13]
All your base are belong to us.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:23:48 AM EDT
[#14]
The aliens are in league with al Quaeda.  How else did you think they got bin Laden out of Afghanistan?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, it sure as hell got my attention and I'm about three miles from Stellar.

But I didn't see anything mentioned in the news about it. My uncle said he heard about what happened but I searched the papers and found nothing.

It was a very impressive display. It's good to know they mean business. Talk about kicking a hornet's nest! [shock]
View Quote

Wow I live about half a mile from stellar, and I saw those F-16's, sidewinders and all.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:29:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Hmm they report detecting the "object" on radar?!?!

From all of the Aircraft based UFO sightings I have never heard of the UFO being detected by radar. Whatever it was I would bet it was ours.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#17]
We had a track of interest, so we sent up some aircraft," said Maj. Douglas Martin, a spokesman for the North American Aerospace Defense Command in Colorado, which has responsibility for defending U.S. airspace. "Everything was fine in the sky, so they returned home."

At the same time, military officials say they do not know just what the jets were chasing, because whatever it was disappeared. "There are any number of scenarios, but we don't know what it was," said Maj. Barry Venable, another spokesman for NORAD.
View Quote

Thank you George Orwell clones, for today's lesson in DoubleSpeak.  This could have been a recon mission of an alien invasion for all they know.

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/jpshakehead.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:05:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:09:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Government: "There's nothing to see here. Move along."
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Did any of you Phoenix guys see the light show over town a year or so ago?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top