Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Janeway,  Sisco, Tuvok, Quark, Odo, Dax, Kim, Paris, Quark's kid, Sisco's kid, Bashir, Chacote...

Twelve reasons that both DS9 and Voyager are unwatchable most episodes.  TOS and TNG had better characters by far.

Sisko, Odo, and Bashir were awesome, and Quark had good moments.

I could tolerate Tuvok, Nog, Jake, and sometimes Janeway.

Chakotay and Kim...not so much.

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The one with Frank Gorshin. Black on one side, white on the other.

No, heathen! He was WHITE on one side, and BLACK on the other!
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought I knew a lot about Star Trek but what the hell is "TOS"?

The Original Series.
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I thought I knew a lot about Star Trek but what the hell is "TOS"?

The Original Series  (Kirk, Spock, et al)

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
TOS is the only ST series I will watch, and I grew up a big Trekkie. Unless the Borg show up in TNG.

My favorite episodes:  Balance of Terror, The Doomsday Machine, The Immunity Syndrome, The Ultimate Computer, and A Piece of the Action, because of all the Tommy guns.
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
A Piece Of The Action is right up there with The Trouble With Tribbles in terms of hilarity.

"Heya, Scottie? Send down some heatas, eh, you know what I mean?"
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#7]
star trek mirrors Arfcoms logic.

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A Piece Of The Action is right up there with The Trouble With Tribbles in terms of hilarity.

"Heya, Scottie? Send down some heatas, eh, you know what I mean?"

Dammit.

Now I'll be up all night watching Netflix.

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Watch "Bread and Circuses".

Look for a character named Drucilla.

Thank me later.
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
star trek mirrors Arfcoms logic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMegqgGORY

Back in the days when Shantner was wearing his version 1.0 hairpiece.

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting thoughts by many of you on the Star Trek series.

TWO outstanding episodes, in my opinion:  both involving Time Trave.

The Original Series: City on the Edge of Forever.
Great story.  Several classic lines.
Simply one of the best episodes of the entire series.

The Next Generation:  The Inner Light.
I found this story to be 'profound'.

Searches on the internet for episodes to watch vary.
Try this one and go from there:
STAR TREK EPISODES
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Recently got TOS first season Remastered on Blu Ray.  Been watching Star Trek for a month.  Was surprised to see a couple of episodes I have never seen.

Check out TNG first season Remastered Blu Ray as soon as you can.  All I can say is... "DAMN"

Link Posted: 8/24/2012 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I will ask a TNG question.  Why was Q so startled, almost scared, when he saw Guinan on the Enterprise?  Did the El-Aurians pose a threat to the Continuum?
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Janeway,  Sisco, Tuvok, Quark, Odo, Dax, Kim, Paris, Quark's kid, Sisco's kid, Bashir, Chacote...

Twelve reasons that both DS9 and Voyager are unwatchable most episodes.  TOS and TNG had better characters by far.

Sisko, Odo, and Bashir were awesome, and Quark had good moments.

I could tolerate Tuvok, Nog, Jake, and sometimes Janeway.

Chakotay and Kim...not so much.

Janeway makes a certain amount of sense if you look at her from the  sfdebris point of view.

Drunk with power.  Probably insane.  

Sisko kind of grows on you, tho.  There's alot not to like about him, but then that's kind of a refreshing thing in and of itself.  He isn't another damn Mary Sue.

With Voyager, the plot is contrived to make Janeway out to be a superhuman saint.  She just comes off as some kind of plastic hypocrite.
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#15]
For all of the fine workmanship that went into the ST series, some of the best entertainment is found it the BLOOPER REELS!
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Interesting thoughts by many of you on the Star Trek series.

TWO outstanding episodes, in my opinion:  both involving Time Trave.

The Original Series: City on the Edge of Forever.
Great story.  Several classic lines.
Simply one of the best episodes of the entire series.

The Next Generation:  The Inner Light.
I found this story to be 'profound'.

Searches on the internet for episodes to watch vary.
Try this one and go from there:
STAR TREK EPISODES

One does realize, yes?, that the Inner Light is a retelling of "The Paradise Syndrome"?

I won't list all the similarities but......Why, they even had the medical officer arguing on the bridge with the first officer about what to do about the Captain!

As the views and the episodes listed, it is interesting.......from the different points of view.  As I said before, I don't get all up in thrills as others might about "The City on The Edge of Forever"; maybe others do due to the Penthouse style of photography.

The episode with Frank Goshin was "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield". I love that one because of an interesting, potentially powerful race the Cherons were. By the by, anyone "guessed" what they evolved from?

Potential, potential, potential. What can one say about a drug that enables a man to take full phaser stun and not feel it nor know it?

Or of a person from the past who is intelligent enough not to be floored by the future even though he might not understand it.

Or to have the will power that makes someone like a Scanner?

Quoted:
Quoted:
The first season of TNG was simply horrible.  If I do watch TNG and I see Riker without a beard or Deanna with her hair in a bun, I shut it off.

This.

TNG didn't get good until they got collars on their uniforms.

Not me. To me, the best seasons were 2nd and 3rd. 2nd was getting into those sub themes that I love that provoke thought. 3rd was similar. After that, though, character concepts were really beginning to slip. Picard doing things that should have had him relieved of command. Riker turning down command after command.

Besides, who could forget Sonya Gomez

or Ensign Nagel?

Quoted:
Have you seen the green dancing girl yet??

There are two episodes, at least. One is The Cage (or The Menergie which is a retelling) and the other is "Whom Gods Destroy". The latter is one of my favs .... which should tell others to go in with caution.

Quoted:

Janeway makes a certain amount of sense if you look at her from the  sfdebris point of view.

Sisko kind of grows on you, tho.  There's alot not to like about him, but then that's kind of a refreshing thing in and of itself.  He isn't another damn Mary Sue.

With Voyager, the plot is contrived to make Janeway out to be a superhuman saint.  She just comes off as some kind of plastic hypocrite.

Well, they are all Gods and hypocrites to some extent.

For example, the following is a famous literary character seen from another person's viewpoint:

"A military commander who enforces rules and regulations to the letter.....but only when it suits his purpose."

It's Kirk. How often did he nail people for violating the Prime.......how often did he do it himself when he thought he knew what was better?

As far as Janeway goes, I'll just say that if your ship is the only part of your world out there, one better appear to be a God to the crew.

And while he didn't hype it up that much, one must remember, that to millions of Bajorians, Sisko was something of a God, too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 3:27:36 AM EDT
[#17]
All this ST:TOS talk has compelled me to watch some old episodes.

"A Private Little War"
"Wink of an Eye"
"Mirror, mirror",

More from the standpoint of what came up first than what was searched for.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
("A fighter.....I respect that....but you are no match for me."––Penke, (w,stte), Voyager, "Tsunkatse")
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 3:38:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Recently got TOS first season Remastered on Blu Ray.  Been watching Star Trek for a month.  Was surprised to see a couple of episodes I have never seen.

Check out TNG first season Remastered Blu Ray as soon as you can.  All I can say is... "DAMN"

This, the colors are simply amazing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 3:43:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remastered doesn't do it for me. I remember pulling in "The Doomsday Machine" through some light snow.

It's just the romance of seeing things through the old technology.......you know what I mean?
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I can't wait for them to get to the good seasons.
I just might plunk down some $$ for them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 4:29:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My que is Collars.  In the Thrid season they added collars to the uniforms and better writers to the scripts.

Thats also about the time that Roddenberry died, so his "vision" was diluted a bit

Quoted:

From what I've read the jumpsuits in the first two seasons were so tight they were giving Patrick Stewart back problems, necessitating the costume change.

I actually prefer the later uniforms from the last couple of seasons.

I had heard that they had to go to the later uniforms because Brent Spinner needed to wear a back brace at times and that wasn't concealable under the old uniforms.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 4:35:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I will ask a TNG question.  Why was Q so startled, almost scared, when he saw Guinan on the Enterprise?  Did the El-Aurians pose a threat to the Continuum?

I'd be scared, too, if I saw Whoopie Goldberg in outer space. Talk about a frightening sight!
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My que is Collars.  In the Thrid season they added collars to the uniforms and better writers to the scripts.

Thats also about the time that Roddenberry died, so his "vision" was diluted a bit

He actually died during season 5, but his health was poor for a while before then, so he wasn't as involved as he had been.

Gene created a great universe, and Trekkies will always owe him big props for that, but others did better things with it once he turned over the reins.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

They never explained it.  I think they just wanted to add to Guinan's mystery, and it was a facet they just never explored again.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I agree. The focus on having a "strong woman captain" in voyager was painful to watch. I really enjoyed how DS9 was willing to explore major characters being "bad" people. Like in the episode where Sisko conspires with Garrak to get the Romulans to join the war effort. The shallow effort to show what a gift to humanity this woman captain was in Voyager meant that Janeway's character would never have been allowed to do anything like that, and as such she seemed, as you say, plastic. TOS also explored the darker side of humanity at times, for example the episode where the transporter accident splits Kirk into his good and bad halfs.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He actually died during season 5, but his health was poor for a while before then, so he wasn't as involved as he had been.
Gene created a great universe, and Trekkies will always owe him big props for that, but others did better things with it once he turned over the reins.

He died in late 91. Series premiered in fall of '87, making that season 4. Figuring that shows broadcast in fall of '91 were filmed earlier that year and also figuring in the illness that took him out of the loop as you mention, I figure his influence that resulted in so many of those schlocky "the 23/24th century is Nirvana" episodes was largely gone after season 3
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#33]

If Janice's hair was real (and she wasn't a conehead), then unraveled, she would be like Debra Jo Fondren!
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Goddamnit BES, you had to bring me into this shit, didn't you?

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Seth MacFarlane doing an impression of Kirk's speech from A Taste of Armageddon:

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Just a few days ago I watched "A Wolf in the Fold".

"Red Jack...Red Jack...Red Jack...ahhh hahahahahhaha!"

"Die!....Die!...Die!.....Everybody.....DIE!"

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I've read the jumpsuits in the first two seasons were so tight they were giving Patrick Stewart back problems, necessitating the costume change.

I actually prefer the later uniforms from the last couple of seasons.

I had heard that they had to go to the later uniforms because Brent Spinner needed to wear a back brace at times and that wasn't concealable under the old uniforms.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_uniform_%282350s-2370s%29

Designed by Original Series veteran costumer William Ware Theiss, this uniform style was first seen worn in the premiere episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, "Encounter at Farpoint". It was phased out of use by regular actors following "Shades of Gray", though appeared on background actors until the fourth season, when existing costumes were altered to reflect the uniform change. Reportedly, these uniforms caused discomfort to the actors wearing them, causing back problems as well as being hot under studio lights. This may explain why Dr. Pulaski was seen in a unique, two-piece skant uniform during her second season tenure on TNG.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ST:TOS remastered looks almost as good as a modern show.

Horse races.

To me, looking at some of that digitally remastered stuff, such as the Doomsday Machine, makes me sick. Give me the old stuff, please!............as it is, I have almost the complete series on VHS/DVD.

Quoted:
TOS isn't so nearly action packed. The acting is crappy, the sets are crappy, and the dialog is cheesy. But the plots can be very interesting and though provoking. It did a good job of using sic-fi as a vehicle to explore various ideas and quandaries. That's what you watch it for.

Most "sci-fi" these days is based upon suspense and drama. TOS only gives those token efforts in order to move the story along.

Well, one has to remember, that back then, no one expected the episodes to be watched as much as they are. One or two more looks, maybe a little syndication, and that would be it.

Okay, now that I have made a point or two, let me get to the analysis portion.

TOS was like American Diplomacy up to but not including Kissinger. Anything happens "out there", the ambassador handles it. In TOS, Kirk handles it.

But TNG is like Diplomacy Kissinger and after. Anything happens out there, the Secretary of State is out on the next plane to handle it. TNG, they warp an admiral out to take charge.

Quite frankly, one of the things about TNG that irritated me were the various things that should have gotten Picard canned. Such as when Lore took off with Data. Picard abandons his task force command, empties the ship of crew in a war zone to look for one man, and puts Crusher in charge of the ship. This is not the action of a true commanding officer.

I am wondering which two episodes you have watched. Quite frankly, my fav has always been "Where No Man Has Gone Before". The concept of a super Esper is just incredible.  

Others that I love are "Dagger of the mind", "Mirror, Mirror", "The Man Trap", "The Enemy Within", "Mudd's Women", "The Conscience of the King", "The Return of the Archons", "Who Mourns for Adonais", "Wolf in the Fold", "A Private Little War", "Bread and Circuses", "The Paradise Syndrome". "The Tholian Web", "Wink of an Eye", "Whom Gods Destroy", "Let that be Your Last Battlefield", "That Which Survives", "Requiem for Methuselah", and "All our yesterdays".

Some, like Wink, Requiem, and Yesterdays because they are about sci fi concepts I like. Others like Dagger, Man Trap, Mudd's, and Conscience, because they have sub theme plots that shows how their world works. For example, in "Mudd's Women", Kirk holds an admiralty board.

Some of them just have got great interchanges between the cast such as Archons, Gods Destroy, Enemy, and Circuses. Others show just what a Starship can do such as with Paradise,  Circuses, and Adonais.

Some might see Apollo as a little gay being in that toga, but I loved Spock laying down wrath while taking fire from a new definition of "shore batteries".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVGK3fuD5Kw

Ones like Wolf, Tholian, Survives, and Battlefield because the foe they are dealing with is incredibly powerful. "A Private Little War" is what I was saying about pre Kissinger diplomacy.  Occassionally, some good ole merciless violence such as Mirror is nice to have.

One of the things of the current era that I find sucks is how they have explained a lot of what happened in TOS. It is better when it is a mystery, when one can think and dream about it.

I suppose if one just takes it on the face value, or just goes with the story on top, they are not going to like it as much as someone one like me.............but that's what makes horse races.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
("You're part Vulcan, aren't you? So a pretty face has no effect on you.....not if you don't want it to, that is. Save it, my darlings. His kind can turn off their emotions at will."––Mudd with his women in the turbolift with Spock, (w,stte), ST:TOS, "Mudd's Women")

This.

Plus, what little boy didn't want to be Kirk?
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is it that makes "City on the edge of forever" most people's favorite?

For me, it's okay but a lot of what I like in the other episodes just isn't there. About my favorite part of it is in the "sig line".

So what is it?

I'm not too good on episode titles. Which one was City on the edge of forever?

The one with Joan Collins.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The one with Frank Gorshin. Black on one side, white on the other.

No, heathen! He was WHITE on one side, and BLACK on the other!

True.

The other guy was black on one side and white on the other. Obviously inferior...
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"Kill you all... Make you suffer... Die"
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

TOS is the only ST series I will watch...

Bingo.

Next Generation is faggy Space UN bullshit.

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was like Suspiria in space. I must have been in the 6th grade when I first saw it and it creeped me out.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF5P0kaeSbM  

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#44]
I just recently watched the entire TOS series again.

When you watch it one episode after another, you will be amazed by how many episodes deal with some kind of space plague that is going to kill millions of people unless they get some dumb planet to give them the one mineral that they need to stop it..   The episodes that don't deal with space plagues almost all have some kind of wierd culture ran by computers that need to be turned off.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I just recently watched the entire TOS series again.

When you watch it one episode after another, you will be amazed by how many episodes deal with some kind of space plague that is going to kill millions of people unless they get some dumb planet to give them the one mineral that they need to stop it..   The episodes that don't deal with space plagues almost all have some kind of wierd culture ran by computers that need to be turned off.

Let's see if I can counter that.

Where No Man Has Gone Before
The Man Trap
Charlie X
The Naked Time
The Enemy Within
Mudd's Women
Dagger of the Mind
The Corbormite Maneuver
The Menargie
The Conscience of the King
Balance of Terror
Squire of Gothos
Court Martial
Arena
Tomorrow is Yesterday
Space Seed
Errand of Mercy
The Alternative Factor
The City on the Edge of Forever
Amok Time
Who Mourns for Adonais
Mirror, Mirror
Catspaw
Journey to Babel
The Trouble with Tribbles
The Gamester of Triskelion
A Piece of the Action
A Private Little War
Return to Tomorrow
Patterns of Force
By Any Other Name
The Omega Glory
Bread and Circuses

and that's just the first two seasons. What Star Trek was being watched here?

I'll allow This Side of Paradise in your computer definition because that might be seen as, loosely, a biological type of computer. Equally, stories that have a sub plot of a material that is needed for exploration, such as what they were trading for in "Friday's Child".

But dilithiam? That's like oil to us. And development of a planet such as wheat for Sherman's? That's not really a plague, is it?

Ones like Squire, Mourns, even Catspaw might fit into that computer question loosely, but then again, in a technology world, it is the primary goal to take out the enemy's power source; hence such is to be expected.

Further, plagues that kill millions of people isn't that off the mark in a show about exploration.....look what the Europeans did the the Indians.....and visa versa.
("There's a nasty little bug evolved in the last few years, Jim. Our aseptic, sterilised civilisations produced it. Synthococcus novae. It's deadly. We can immunise against it, but haven't learned to lick all the problems yet."––McCoy, (w,stte), ST:TOS, "The Way to Eden")
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 12:00:12 AM EDT
[#46]
All this Star Trek has compelled me, and found a little purpose in my lonely Sunday morning when I am awake while the world sleeps, to.............

.......................................go off and watch more classic Trek.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 12:37:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Episodes with Plagues/Disease:
Miri
Requiem for Methuselah
Galileo Seven
Omega Glory
The Cloud Minders
The Naked Time
For the World is Hollow
Mark of Gideon

Out of control Computers:

Return of the Archons
Taste of Armegedon
The Apple
The Ultimate Computer
That which survives

That was just a quick scan with Google.  I'm sure I missed a couple...
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 2:14:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Episodes with Plagues/Disease:
Miri
Requiem for Methuselah
Galileo Seven
Omega Glory
The Cloud Minders
The Naked Time
For the World is Hollow
Mark of Gideon

Out of control Computers:

Return of the Archons
Taste of Armegedon
The Apple
The Ultimate Computer
That which survives

That was just a quick scan with Google.  I'm sure I missed a couple...

Ahhh, but you said,

"you will be amazed by how many episodes deal with some kind of space plague that is going to kill millions of people unless they get some dumb planet to give them the one mineral that they need to stop it"

The Omega Glory and The Naked Time isn't about that. One might argue that the first is loosely about that but second isn't; afterall, they came up with the antidote on the ship itself.

One has to remember that Google takes things at a very loose interpretation, a very loose connection. It's like playing 7 Degrees and using Friends or for that matter, Star Trek as the link, like saying that Valora Noland is linked to Sally Kellerman because of William Shatner.

If one is not specific enough, it is possible to connect many a story together to a similar scenario. For example,

"This is the story of a young girl who is recruited into a secret organization that is fighting a current war with weapons of the past. She is assisted in this mission by an elder who may have a more than fatherly interest in her, an elder warrior, a computer expert with a lagging social life, and a leadership that doesn't always have her best interest in mind."

OR take this one:

"This is the story about an operative who is recruited into a government organization else they will be punished for their past crimes. They are assisted in this mission by an elder warrior, a computer expert with a lagging social life, and a leadership that doesn't always have their best interest in mind."

The first one is La Femme Nikita/Buffy. The second is La Femme Nikita/FX: The Series.

Or consider this one:

"This is the story of a hero who angers a gangster. The hero falls in love with the daughter of the gangster. The hero and gangster battle and the hero wins. The hero marries the daughter but on their wedding day, the bride is gangsterly gunned down while the hero, who was the intended target, escapes unharmed."

Now that description can be said about the 90210 episode "One Wedding and a Funeral" with Rebecca Gayheart, but it also applies to a major motion picture made in the late 60's or early 70's.

As Edison said.....there are only so many original stories.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 4:36:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
.  Gul Dukat was a manipulative Devil!  Truly evil.

Probably my favorite DS9 character.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He died in late 91. Series premiered in fall of '87, making that season 4. Figuring that shows broadcast in fall of '91 were filmed earlier that year and also figuring in the illness that took him out of the loop as you mention, I figure his influence that resulted in so many of those schlocky "the 23/24th century is Nirvana" episodes was largely gone after season 3

Hero Worship was being shot, and Disaster was the most recently aired.  Both season 5.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top