Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2002 1:39:35 PM EDT
It falls on a Wed. in the 2nd week of Sep. I will be taking that day off, maybe the entire week. I was wondering what you all have planned; if you intend to remember/honor the dead in anyway.

An incredible happening would be if every member here fired a simultaneous salute (shot) at precisely 8:45 a.m. EDT, the moment when AA flight 11 hit the north tower, another shot at precisely 9:05 a.m. EDT, the moment when UA flight 175 hit the south tower, and a final shot at 9:44 a.m. EDT, the moment AA flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon. This would be [b]our[/b] shot heard around the world and salute to freedom/remembrance, anti-gunners and terrorists be damned.

Whiskey
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if that is such a good idea.  Lots of people may be a little on edge on that particular day and all those gunshots just might put them over the edge.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
For those of you who are going to fire off salute shots, be sure to use blanks!

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I think doing business as usual is the best tribute I could come up with.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It was crazy, I turned on the TV while I was getting ready for work that day and I saw the first tower falling, I really didnt want to go to work, I worked in a big building in downtown Portland. When I got to work I told my boss what was going on and he said "Ok well we've got lots of work to do." Everyone at my work was suck workaholics that they just ignored it, I was freaking out!

Yes Ill take off work this year, and I will be locked and loaded, (I always am anyway)

I think I will refrain from shooting in the air though, Id probibly get arrested.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a guess but I think Whiskey meant to take the shots at a range or appropriate backstop...
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be down at Ground Zero paying my respects to the friends and coworkers I lost that  day....
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't know if that is such a good idea.  Lots of people may be a little on edge on that particular day and all those gunshots just might put them over the edge.
View Quote

[:D] Yes I can just see something occuring like the guy who shot his AR at the helecopter thinking they were terrorists.

I'm only picturing something along the same lines as an honor guard salute. Nobody said anything about getting out of your car and firing into the air guys; come on, give me a little more credit than that. Besides it was only an idea. I'm taking the day off to remember them in my own way, not because I'm afraid to go to work. I'm just wondering what everyone else has planned.

WB  

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Now if our US troops all had a target picked out at that very time and fired that would send a very clear message.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be taking the route downtown that I took that day and retaking the pictures that I can find the original spots I took them from.  I'm hoping to get back on the site, or atleast take them from my office building which is 120 Broadway and overlooks the WTC site.  I can't imagine I'll every feel like I did that day though.  It must have been the most indescribable bunch of feelings that have ever swept over me in a 24 hour period.  

Needless to say, I'll be taking the day off.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I might take the day off...
I'm thinkin' that if the SOB Tangos do anything, it just might be that day.  I'd hate to be at work.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I will make sure I have that day off, I will salute the flag, remove my hat, hang my head, and I will cry... [USA]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I will more than likely be at Ground Zero, whether I am working or not. I'm sure all of NYPD/FDNY/PAPD will be on high alert and will probably be held a few additional hours just in case.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:33:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I am getting on a plane on 9/11/02 and flying to Florida for my best friends wedding!

I am not scared or worried.  

I will also honor the fallen in my own way on that day.

medcop
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:49:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I say it should be made a National Holiday to remember those that were killed on September 11, 2001.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top