Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2012 12:58:56 PM EDT
 My new wife is not very fond of rifles and prefers handguns. But I think it is important to learn both. So what could I do to make her like a rifle? Make it pink!!! You have got to love what $4 of Krylon can do.

22lr unit is in it right now so she can get used to it and it is cheaper.

16" barrel with fake suppressor shroud. She likes my 10" 300 blackout AR with suppressor, so I made her rifle looks similar.
When she gets used to it and likes it, I can swap the bolt and she can shoot .223.

She already has strong claim over it. I moved it to another room because we are painting and she yelled out. "where do you think you are going with MY gun????"

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good.
I have a wife and 3 daughters, (twin 2.5 year olds and a 2 week old), sadly I currently only have 3 AR's....

So I plan on buying at least 2 more and I will more than likely have them cerakoted in some variation of pink.....I need to see if I can find some Khalashnakitty images to have painted on them too....

You thought about getting the gun cerakoted a full pink to match the furniture?
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd shoot it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait, wait, wait...new wife!?!  When did THIS happen?

Congrats on the stealth nuptials!

or maybe I wasn't paying attention...
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wait, wait, wait...new wife!?!  When did THIS happen?

Congrats on the stealth nuptials!

or maybe I wasn't paying attention...

Thanks!! I made several posts.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The OP has reminded me of my future project. More than one ARFcommer has built an AR with pink furniture for their wife/daughters/granddaughters.

We need to do everything we can to encourage more women to become shooters. If it takes a pink AR, then fine by me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep in mind that some women like the whole personalized/pink firearm thing and some take it
to be a insult or put down. Act accordingly.

Never hurts to match a firearm to a particular person as far as stock fit,weight,sights or optics and
so forth. The AR with all its flexibility is a great choice for this and the ability to toss a rim fire conversion in one is a big bonus

My experience as a pistol instructor has shown that many women are highly sensitive to noise so special attention can help with training .
Generally foam plugs under regular earmuffs are helpfull
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I started a post your pink AR thread last summer after I built one. The thread took off and there were a ton of pink rifles posted. I think it is archived.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice build!

I built my wife a pink AR as well and she loves it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like something I will have to do for my wife. Except hers will probably be emerald green, her favorite color. The 22LR kit is a great idea for a starter on the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:51:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice work on the rifle, and congrats on the new wife!
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:59:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Parrothead camo
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 3:40:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Removed.  ––tbk1>
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 4:36:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Is pink the new black?  Nice rifle.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Keep in mind that some women like the whole personalized/pink firearm thing and some take it

Never hurts to match a firearm to a particular person as far as stock fit,weight,sights or optics and
so forth. The AR with all its flexibility is a great choice for this and the ability to toss a rim fire conversion in one is a big bonus

My experience as a pistol instructor has shown that many women are highly sensitive to noise so special attention can help with training .
Generally foam plugs under regular earmuffs are helpfull

Yeah I knew she would want a pink one. We went to a gun show one time and she was all in love with a left handed pink revolver. Which I plan on getting her for Christmas.

One of my biggest fears in general about getting married, was marring a woman who barely tolerated my gun love. I am blessed to have married a woman who actually likes it some.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Okay, while I am no fan of all pink AR's, I do like this one...hmmm, might be time to redo mine.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#18]
MY wife thinks pinks guns are ghey.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Did you score any of this ammo?

It would go well with her gun

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My wife has told me point blank, "If you bring a Pink Gun into this house, it will be used ONCE... That will be to shoot you..."

So she got a Basic Black CA94 and a XDM...

Rules, I know them...

By ncurk at 2012-07-01

By ncurk at 2012-07-01

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Very nice OP. I'm going to do a pink AR one day. I'm guessing my wife will have to fight my oldest daughter for it by the time I get it done.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife has told me point blank, "If you bring a Pink Gun into this house, it will be used ONCE... That will be to shoot you..."

So she got a Basic Black CA94 and a XDM...

Rules, I know them...
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9149/22211920001102832807739.jpg
By ncurk at 2012-07-01

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8680/18848419341510743413015.jpg
By ncurk at 2012-07-01

My wife doesnt like the color pink either. However, our oldest daughter is all about princesses and the color pink......I may very well end up painting an AR with a Barbie theme...if it gets them interested in shooting, I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
 My new wife is not very fond of rifles and prefers handguns. But I think it is important to learn both. So what could I do to make her like a rifle? Make it pink!!! You have got to love what $4 of Krylon can do.

16" barrel with fake suppressor shroud. She likes my 10" 300 blackout AR with suppressor, so I made her rifle looks similar.
When she gets used to it and likes it, I can swap the bolt and she can shoot .223.

She already has strong claim over it. I moved it to another room because we are painting and she yelled out. "where do you think you are going with MY gun????"

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/Pink_AR.jpg

Awesome OP!
Hopefully she will want a 5.56 in the near future.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Even better than the lone pic of the gun you sent me.  Now you need one of her holding it showing her war face.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nice. After finally getting my wife to shoot my AR, she wanted one of her own too. So here's what she got for Christmas:

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm bumping this solely because I hate being a thread killer
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Good for you. Never a bad day to get a new female shooter into it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. After finally getting my wife to shoot my AR, she wanted one of her own too. So here's what she got for Christmas:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/SlowTA367/IMAG0143.jpg

Holy crap that is bright!

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife doesnt like the color pink either. However, our oldest daughter is all about princesses and the color pink......I may very well end up painting an AR with a Barbie theme...if it gets them interested in shooting, I'm all for it.

We went with a Barbie theme and the girls love it:

http://i47.tinypic.com/21jp0fc.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2h5o6sl.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/j61htk.jpg

My daughter is trying to get me to paint the whole rifle. is that a professional finish as in hard to remove or a rattle can job.
If I might be so bold.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My daughter is trying to get me to paint the whole rifle. is that a professional finish as in hard to remove or a rattle can job.

If I might be so bold.

It was done by a guy who claimed to be a pro––though I've never heard of him before or since.  I got his name from the Lauer website, and he was close enough to make trips to in order to get it done.  It is Dura-Coat with a clear coat on top, which is what seals the Barbie sticker.  The rifle was blasted to the naked metal, then done with the DC.  We've only shot it a little, but it seems to be quite durable.  I seem to recall the cost being around $200, but it's been several years, so I could be off on that.  

I might have to do that one day, but I'll do it myself with Dura-Coat

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Like this bag a lot. If I didn't go more discrete with mine I would get that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#35]
And for those of you saying your ladies wouldn't like pink. It's easy to do an at home camo pattern. I did this myself

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And for those of you saying your ladies wouldn't like pink. It's easy to do an at home camo pattern. I did this myself

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/BeautifulStranger_13/52d3a731.jpg

That's friggin' awesome ...

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Womenz be loving pink guns.

This gun has seen a lot of changes. It now has an ACE ultralight stock on it, with a pink foam shroud on the buffer tube. Carbon Fiber Freefloat and a quadrail gasblock. Sparc Reddot on a larue low mount so that she gets better cheek weld. Plumcrazy lower and an aluminum upper. Then a TLR-4 for laser/light.

Pink Ladder rail covers on vacant spots. Its about 5.4lbs empty including optics and laser/light.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#38]

That is a pretty slick bag. The patch is a good touch.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I might be so bold.

It was done by a guy who claimed to be a pro––though I've never heard of him before or since.  I got his name from the Lauer website, and he was close enough to make trips to in order to get it done.  It is Dura-Coat with a clear coat on top, which is what seals the Barbie sticker.  The rifle was blasted to the naked metal, then done with the DC.  We've only shot it a little, but it seems to be quite durable.  I seem to recall the cost being around $200, but it's been several years, so I could be off on that.  

I might have to do that one day, but I'll do it myself with Dura-Coat

Ahh cr-p I guess I should just give in. It seems a shame to cover all that cool black with pink. Up till now I could do a quick furniture change.
Thanks for the reply.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I need range photos too. Will Rock River ever forgive me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Very cool.  I did a pink digital XCR a few years ago:

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#42]
here's my contribution, painted by Brass who is a member here...

held by the lovely msrsa

and the equally lovely Ed Sr  

and a closeup of the rifle

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That is a pretty slick bag. The patch is a good touch.

Thanks, my wife is pretty happy with the whole thing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:04:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
here's my contribution, painted by Brass who is a member here...

held by the lovely msrsa

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/AKsrule/missrsa-barbie.jpg

and the equally lovely Ed Sr  

http://home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/2.jpg

and a closeup of the rifle

http://www.lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/barbie-15.jpg

That is a heck of a nice paint job!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top