Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2012 3:38:14 PM EDT
I passed a 4.5mm kidney stone today. My urologist will be so proud. I'm glad I canceled the surgery for yesterday.

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
eeewwww what the fuck.

A pic of something that came out of your dick, dammit jim.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Ouch!
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You are a man.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy fuck... that thing is huge.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations!  Now, less salt and more cranberry juice?
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Holy fuck... that thing is huge.

That's what she......nevermind
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#7]
4.5mm?  pfft, just a pee shooter

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#8]
so you put your hand in the toilet to retrieve it?

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#9]
WHAT THE MUTHAFCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#10]
try and pass a 9mm one and get back to me.  J\k glad it came out on its own. I had to have a lithotripsy and have a damaged kidney now because of it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe...

Filter screen and nitrile gloves, FTW!
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
try and pass a 9mm one and get back to me.  J\k glad it came out on its own. I had to have a lithotripsy and have a damaged kidney now because of it.

Lucky for you it wasn't a .40 cal.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Good job.  Just saved yourself from a $16,000 litho or worse a 23 french cystoscope.

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lucky for you it wasn't a .40 cal.

What about something in between like .357Sig?
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good job.  Just saved yourself from a $16,000 litho or worse a 23 french cystoscope.

Yep. I spoke with the Urologist earlier this week. I passed a tiny stone monday and the pain had mostly stopped.

I could feel this one moving along and the urologist and I agreed to postpone the surgery that was supposed to be yesterday since the pain stopped and I had passed something.  This one was relatively pain free all week but I knew it was coming along.

I'm glad this one came out on its own, the Urologist was going to place a ureter stent too.

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#16]
HOLY SHIT

How do I prevent getting one of those!

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Why are they always jagged?

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
HOLY SHIT

Stay hydrated, keep calcium intake and salt in check.

There is a genetic component to these, too. Some folks just make them, others don't.

I have more sitting in my kidneys (both sides) just waiting for their turn.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I spoke with the Urologist earlier this week. I passed a tiny stone monday and the pain had mostly stopped.

I could feel this one moving along and the urologist and I agreed to postpone the surgery that was supposed to be yesterday since the pain stopped and I had passed something.  This one was relatively pain free all week but I knew it was coming along.

I'm glad this one came out on its own, the Urologist was going to place a ureter stent too.

Sounds like you have a great Urologist.  That stent would have been a bitch.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://www.wemed1.com/images/ENC-O-A2200-SET.JPG

Somebody PLEASE tell me those DO NOT go in your cock.............

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#22]
FMSW!
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

First thing I thought
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, they go through you cock and deep inside you, if you are the patient.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They dont..............

Just kidding
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, they go through you cock and deep inside you, if you are the patient.

I have NEVER been so glad to pass the one kidney stone I had until I saw those "instruments".
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

NO, more beer!

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Is your voice hoarse from screaming?

I'm having sympathy pains.  And slight nausea.

Congrats on not having to have surgery!
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#29]
This thread grows more terrifying with every picture.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
HOLY SHIT

THIS! Holy crap I looked at OPs picture and I got woozy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

does NOTHING for kidney stones. more lemon aid FTW and yes, less salt.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

your Dr is ripping you off. mine was only $8k.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Did you wash your hands after?????
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

your Dr is ripping you off. mine was only $8k.

Probably got a self pay discount.  Our docs do that when the patient has no insurance but typically its 16 G's.  It's crazy, our machine treats in 20 minutes.  2500 shocks @120 per minute.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm impressed, a .5 mm object coming out of a .2 mm apparatus.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had that done last month for a 6mm stone. They do not give you anything when they remove the stent. NOT fun. You dodged a bullet. Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm impressed, a .5 mm  cm object coming out of a .2 mm apparatus.

Apparently you've seen me naked.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn.  That must have been horrible while passing.  Glad it's over for you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had that done last month for a 6mm stone. They do not give you anything when they remove the stent. NOT fun. You dodged a bullet. Congrats!!!

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

it was not a half mm stone. its a full 4.5 mm wide. and your pee hole is 2 mm, not .2
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Those were pretty much the same faces I made. I almost couldn't make it home because it hurt so bad after having the stent pulled. FYI, the stent is like a foot long... I have a pic of it if you're interested. The stent removal was pretty bad, IMHO... but the worst part was the morning after surgery when I woke up. Breaking into a cold sweat because it feels like you're pissing razor blades and alcohol is not a great way to start off the day.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Those were pretty much the same faces I made. I almost couldn't make it home because it hurt so bad after having the stent pulled. FYI, the stent is like a foot long... I have a pic of it if you're interested. The stent removal was pretty bad, IMHO... but the worst part was the morning after surgery when I woke up. Breaking into a cold sweat because it feels like you're pissing razor blades and alcohol is not a great way to start off the day.

The stent seems to be the biggest gripe I hear.  Even more so than the litho treatment.  Some stents  have a little string that hangs outside your urethra, doc just pulls it out when he's ready.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#44]
So how did you fish that out of the toilet?
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

it was not a half mm stone. its a full 4.5 mm wide. and your pee hole is 2 mm, not .2

Thanks for correcting Traderjac, I appriciate it & so does my plumbing.

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So how did you fish that out of the toilet?

Caught in a straining screen...no toilet fishing required.

I did have my tackle box on standby just-in-case.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#47]
I feel like crying....

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for correcting Traderjac, I appriciate it & so does my plumbing.

lol
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stent seems to be the biggest gripe I hear.  Even more so than the litho treatment.  Some stents  have a little string that hangs outside your urethra, doc just pulls it out when he's ready.  

I didn't get litho. It was laser and a basket for me. I joked with my wife before the procedure that maybe they'd install the laser in my junk. Instead, they installed what felt like a flamethrower.

If there had been some actual flames when pissing, I wouldn't have been so.. uh.. pissed off about it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2012 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Why do you save them? Is there a medical reason? Does the pharmacy sell trophy mounts in the back?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top