BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Finally, Hi Capitalist =)
In the other string, which is only 5 months old, you had posted that you were GOING TO BECOME a Mason. Did I mention that was only 5 months ago? Now, NOW, you claim to be a 32nd degree Mason. I thought you were a MUCH older person, as it takes a VERY long time to become 32nd Degree. I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT YOU HAVE EVEN INITIATED OUT OF FIRST DEGREE. That is, IF you are even a Mason yet. "Real" Masons do NOT lie about such things, especially rank.

View Quote

I am a 32nd degree Mason. I moved up faster than most. I was looking forward to joining  for a long time. My Lodge brothers helped me move along faster than most. They went out of thier way to help me anyway they could. Don't call me a liar when you are not a Mason and know nothing "First Hand"
View Quote

Nobody, I repeat NOBODY, moves from 1st Degree to 32nd Degree in 5 months. The anticipation of moving that fast in the FIRST place, would have been viewed as IMMATURE and handicapped you from even becoming 2nd Degree so quickly. Also, the other lodge brothers would have REJECTED the idea because they had to WORK for their rank, and it took a LOT longer than 5 months.

I think Hiram Ranger would have to agree. No?

Why do you think I know nothing "First Hand"? I have had an interest in Freemasonry for about 20 years. The first 10 years were of a positive nature, the last 10 years have been of a skeptical nature. I could have easily become a Mason if I had wanted to, but I was a little too wild to think I would have had any fun.

I had one VERY accomplished Uncle who was a Mason, another that was 2nd or 3rd Degree for about 20-some years, and 2 aunts who were Order of the Eastern Star for quite awhile too.

One aunt became a 'saved' Christian a few years ago, and made it perfectly clear that in NO WAY was there EVER to be an Eastern Star motif on her tombstone! LOL.

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Even worse the Scientology and the Mormons? Damn.
View Quote

Nothing could be worse than Scientology...
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If that's the case Hun, then why all the secrecy?
View Quote

What 'secrecy'?  They're listed in the phone book!

They wear their own rings, they have bumper stickers, they hold public events, they drive crazy little cars at the parades, they wear funny fez-type hats, they hang out at clearly marked lodges, they have their pictures taken at public events, they tend to stand out in public service, they list their degrees and lodges in their resumes, if they run for public office they list their mason connection and affiliation.

In short, they are the most out in the open secret organization that I can imagine!

If there was anything sinister about it, I know my brother would not have joined, nor would his father-in-law, who is a thoroughly honorable veteran of WWII.

So let's hear it, what crap have they done that has gotten y'all's goat?

Helping orphans, burned and crippled children, is a problem for y'all?

Eric The(Hmmmm?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally, Hi Capitalist =)
In the other string, which is only 5 months old, you had posted that you were GOING TO BECOME a Mason. Did I mention that was only 5 months ago? Now, NOW, you claim to be a 32nd degree Mason. I thought you were a MUCH older person, as it takes a VERY long time to become 32nd Degree. I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT YOU HAVE EVEN INITIATED OUT OF FIRST DEGREE. That is, IF you are even a Mason yet. "Real" Masons do NOT lie about such things, especially rank.

View Quote

I am a 32nd degree Mason. I moved up faster than most. I was looking forward to joining  for a long time. My Lodge brothers helped me move along faster than most. They went out of thier way to help me anyway they could. Don't call me a liar when you are not a Mason and know nothing "First Hand"
View Quote

Nobody, I repeat NOBODY, moves from 1st Degree to 32nd Degree in 5 months. The anticipation of moving that fast in the FIRST place, would have been viewed as IMMATURE and handicapped you from even becoming 2nd Degree so quickly. Also, the other lodge brothers would have REJECTED the idea because they had to WORK for their rank, and it took a LOT longer than 5 months.

I think Hiram Ranger would have to agree. No?

Why do you think I know nothing "First Hand"? I have had an interest in Freemasonry for about 20 years. The first 10 years were of a positive nature, the last 10 years have been of a skeptical nature. I could have easily become a Mason if I had wanted to, but I was a little too wild to think I would have had any fun.

I had one VERY accomplished Uncle who was a Mason, another that was 2nd or 3rd Degree for about 20-some years, and 2 aunts who were Order of the Eastern Star for quite awhile too.

One aunt became a 'saved' Christian a few years ago, and made it perfectly clear that in NO WAY was there EVER to be an Eastern Star motif on her tombstone! LOL.

View Quote

Ok. Without giving to much away. There are only 3 degrees in Masonry and you only need to take the 32nd degree to be a 32nd Degree. You get that afterward in Scottish Rite, Commandry or York Rite. Thats all I can tell you. You seem to think you are a know it all in this situation, so nothing I say you are going to believe. I'm dropping this now. Its not going anywhere. You believe whatever you want to believe.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
What degree do you need to be to drive the little cars?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What degree do you need to be to drive the little cars?
View Quote

You need to be a 32nd degree shriner[:D]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
"Ok. Without giving to much away. There are only 3 degrees in Masonry and you only need to take the 32nd degree to be a 32nd Degree. You get that afterward in Scottish Rite, Commandry or York Rite. Thats all I can tell you. You seem to think you are a know it all in this situation, so nothing I say you are going to believe. I'm dropping this now. Its not going anywhere. You believe whatever you want to believe."- CAPITALIST

You're absolutely right Eric, what secrecy?  Oh the things I ponder.  I admit, I'm no expert but I am suspicious of everyone just for being human and even more suspicious of ANYONE with ANY political, military, or religious power.  Maybe the fact that many U.S. presidents were Freemasons doesn't get your mind thinking.  Maybe super secret squirrel meetings between such powerful people from all over the world doesn't set of that little thinking light in your head.  Don't take this as a flame or as harsh criticism or personal attack upon yourself, I'm just conveying my suspicions; I hold many.

Gotta take a water break and head back to the sidelines.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Everyone wants to be something, REAL or IMMAGINED, as it is only HUMAN NATURE.........
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]
i dont know if its a cult or not, i know some masons, they seem like good guys.
masons do have some strange customs or rituals.
one guy i know his title is
"Worshipful Master" this is on his business card.
i will let Jesus Decide who his children are.
that is his job to do, i try not to worry about other groups ,there are to many.
i would not become a mason though.
Walter
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually did not WANT to flame anyone, but the little evil advocate in me sometimes gets away.

Capitalist, if we ever meet on a range, I guarantee you that we will have a good time and walk away friends, as I detest having enemys, well, at least ones who own guns...LOL

That applies to all of you.

I generally don't like to make people angry or pissed, I just like to make them THINK. And as far as thinking goes, the further out of the box, the better =)

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i dont know if its a cult or not, i know some masons, they seem like good guys.
masons do have some strange customs or rituals.
one guy i know his title is
"Worshipful Master" this is on his business card.
i will let Jesus Decide who his children are.
that is his job to do, i try not to worry about other groups ,there are to many.
i would not become a mason though.
Walter
View Quote

The "Worshipful" in Worshipful Master means "Respected".  "Master" Means the leader of the Lodge. It means "Respected Leader"  . Its not that the man is to be worshiped[:D]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top