User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I had help drain a bartholin abscess the size of a softball from a womans twat.  It exploded when the the knife hit the mucosa.  The most vile smell in the world.  The pus hit the other Doc in the face.  Fortunately I am younger and I dodged all the scrapnel.  IT WAS GROSS...the only time I almost puked.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, I see a couple of guys here never got to experience railroading outside of the track gang. TEY is where it's at on the railroad.

I think my worst job was as a fiberglass laminator at Bayliner for about a year after I got out of high school. There's a job I don't miss one bit. These days, it's hard for me to even imagine doing anything other than railroading. It's addictive! [:)]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Working for ######## Cruise Lines.

I once had to go down a void space filled with Urine without a PVC suit using a lifeline for comms, to clear a drain and repair a leaky vaccum pipe. Lucky I had a SCBA

During a lifeboat drill my lifeboat got stuck 5 stories high when the wire rope came out of the pulley. I and my crew had to clim 3 stories to the Lido deck. It sucked being a coxwain.

Among other things they cheated me of my rights but the vessels are registered in the Bahamas and Panama.

Believe Cruise Ships are not safe. I was glad I was in charge of Fire Fighting, at least I knew that aspect would be taken care off.

I have seen Lifeboats not pass a load test and rip, only to repaired by underpaid under skilled workers.

This was not a small company but one of the MOST POPULR CRUISE LINES IN THE WORLD.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My worst Job was chicken and turkey catching. Domestic Chickens are more violant than some mistreated dogs. I have at least 15 scars on my forarms from those little fukers
View Quote

Back off I say .... da Rooster is a badazz mofo ....hahahaha[:D]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Working the night shift at the gas station in college. One customer per hour. Lonely as hell, but lots of time to study. One of the guys I worked with kept a loaded 9mm with him on those nights. I was too poor to afford a gun back then.

My friend works in the psycho ward at the county hospital. Says he loves it. I don't understand it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I worked for UPS for 1 day unloading trucks in a warehouse. This was in New Orleans in the middle of August. Threw up twice. Friggen managers running up and down the belts yelling HURRY UP! Never again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Years ago before the dot com crashes, I once worked for a temp agency handling the data for a guy who couldn’t make up his mind most of the time.  

The owner of this high-tech start-up company would have us organize the data completely one way then change his mind 180 degrees and have us do it another way.  Most of the time we would finish a task, but end up doing it another way.  This highly educated doofus could not make up his mind on what data format to stick to.  

I wouldn’t recommend this job at the time to anyone unless you like doing tasks that had no ending.  

This dodo brain of a tech guy was one of those overly enthusiastic, I-have-a-dream, dog-gone, good for nothing [b]dot com geek guys[/b] with two left feet, bad haircut, finger always in the ear, toilet paper stuck under his shoe, green teeth, bathe every other day, wore pants too high on the waist, pocket protector busting at the seams, wore his calculator as his CCW, plain Jane girlfriend, dented volvo putt-putt driver,  too smart for his own good, and  weird laughing boss...[b]but was one hell of a nice guy.[/b]    [:O]

[b]Don’t get me wrong; I have nothing against dot com people.[/b]

The last I’ve heard there were rumors that he is now a gazillionaire seen near one of his  brand-new Turbo-charged Porsches with gorgeous women all around him and obeying his every wish.  Lives in a beautiful eight-bedroom home complete with a four-car garage and swimming pool and plays with his computers all day long retired from working ever again.  I now feel like this...[:(]

Heck, come to think of it, now I want to become a dot com guy!

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Car Repo. I understand the realities of contracts and payments and credit and all that stuff, but I still felt like the biggest asshole stealing people's cars in the middle of the night.

Oddly enough, when they came out to fight about their car, I didnt feel bad pepper spraying the living hell outta them.

go figure.

D.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top