BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The Thanos bit has me worried. He's legendary villian in 616, but he wasn't really the same in ultimate. Hope they at least do an amalgum. The infinity gems would probably be too much for a movie, but it would be cool. Can't remember if there's an adam warlock in the ultimate universe. Bar none my favorite villian. Ultron 7 on is my runner up.

There is a camera pan scene in Thor of Odins vault - over the gauntlet encrusted in infinity gems.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Nothing is better than The Dark Knight.  NOTHING

Disagree. Everything about the Dark Knight was awesome except Batman. I can't stand the way his head looks... it's retarded. I can't stand the way when he's in costume he talked like a constipated Clint Eastwood. I like Christian Bale... I just think his voice when doing Batman is dumb. Dark Knight was awesome... I can watch it any time... but the Joker is what made that movie.

Agreed the Burton Batman's, watching them today, suck. When I saw them as a teen they were the shiz.

I like Spider-Man 1 and 2. 3 blew. I don't know why people crap on Maguire's Parker/Spider-Man. I thought he nailed it. Kirsten Dunst kind of sucks. James Falco is a horrible actor. Green Goblin was stupid looking. Doc Oc was AWESOME. Aside from that they were great movies. Just to see Spider-Man in a movie finally was enough but the effects were awesome. The new one looks good but I'm not 100% sold on the new guy.

The last two Hulk movies pretty much blew, but are watchable to see Hulk.

The Fantastic Four movies, in terms of team comic book flicks... suck.

Avengers... 100% awesome. Hard to find any flaws in it at all... except maybe how Captain America's mask is almost as dumb looking at Batman's. But I can put that aside.

Mark Ruffalo's Banner/Hulk was awesome. Hulk may be my favorite character at this point.

Downey Jr. stayed in character... I was a little worried they would water him down to avoid him dominating the team.

Insane action. Great story. If they can pull off as good of a sequel I'll be impressed. But it was great. I'll probably see it again.

Link Posted: 5/18/2012 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Off to see Hunger games. I know, I know... What took me so long? I went ahead and read all 3 books first.
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Needed Ms. Marvel.
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Off to see Hunger games. I know, I know... What took me so long? I went ahead and read all 3 books first.

You done fucked up. I as a rule never read books until after the movie comes out. You have inevitably set yourself up to be let down. Only once in my life did I ever find a movie to be better than the book.
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You done fucked up. I as a rule never read books until after the movie comes out. You have inevitably set yourself up to be let down. Only once in my life did I ever find a movie to be better than the book.
Oh, I know. The books are always better. However I can read first and see later. I find I know the why's and wherefore's, and it makes the movie better for me.

Link Posted: 5/20/2012 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]

not a big deal to me
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
It was good but not as good as a lot of people have made it out to be.  It's hard to put that many characters in a single movie and give each of them equal screen time but they pulled it off about as well as it could be done.  The Hulk was my favorite character and the best of the three recent Hulks.  Overall, it was worth the ticket price and I look forward to a sequal.

ETA:  The only reason The Dark Knight was a big success was Heath Ledger's Joker.  His death and his exceptional performance as the Joker made that movie.  I am in no way excited about the next one and I really enjoyed the first two.
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It was good but not as good as a lot of people have made it out to be. .....Overall, it was worth the ticket price and I look forward to a sequal.

Saw it last night and would agree with the above. The whole Captain America objecting to the stars and stripes as being old fashioned was. At least they wrote in a line for Sam Jackson to balance that out.  Great shot of Scarlett Johansson as she walked to the glass holding cell.
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was good but not as good as a lot of people have made it out to be. .....Overall, it was worth the ticket price and I look forward to a sequal.

Saw it last night and would agree with the above. The whole Captain America objecting to the stars and stripes as being old fashioned was. At least they wrote in a line for Sam Jackson to balance that out.  Great shot of Scarlett Johansson as she walked to the glass holding cell.

I think that Cap line was more of a disillusion he  had while catching up on history....remember his line to Fury after working out on the heavy bag?  "They didn't tell me what we lost."  or something like that....I think looked at history that he missed and saw we are not the same country.....when he went under people sacrificed....Victory gardens, scrap metal drives, rationing....now try to ask some yuppie or hipster to go without his Starbucks one day a week and it will not go over well.

That being said...Cap did have good moments  in the movie such as telling the quinjet pilot..."Son....just don't"  and barking the orders at the cops who look at him funny til he kicks the asses of 4 or 5 aliens then they snap to and carry them out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw it. Thought it was well done. Again, the book was better but I understand they just don't have the time to get in everything in the books onto the screen.. If they did, every movie would be as long as titanic.

They had some flashback scenes to try to explain stuff. Nice job, but since I read the book I knew better, and more. So, I didn't have to ponder much. I would tell everyone it was good enough to go see but I'm probably the last one here to see it.

Link Posted: 5/21/2012 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Firefly?

Do we get it back now?

Can we make Hulk smash Fox if not?

Oh..  and I hope this is the nail in the coffin of the Buffy re-make....

Atleast the one without Joss and SMG.

Link Posted: 5/21/2012 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Are these numbers correct?

The movie has made oever a billion dollars now?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers11.htm
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Are these numbers correct?

The movie has made oever a billion dollars now?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers11.htm
Yup. #4 all time currently. Should be #3 in a week or so.

Whedon has a percentage. Cha-fucking-ching.

Link Posted: 5/22/2012 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#16]
finally got around to seeing it––enjoyed myself tremendously.  i was skeptical going in, but the movie really made a believer out of me (a lot like 'the fifth element').  i normally like having the whole theater to myself, but this is one of the few movies that i would have loved to watch in a packed house with good audience participation.

Link Posted: 5/22/2012 4:41:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I saw this over the weekend with my best friend.  Great movie.  I think I might go watch it again this week.
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
finally got around to seeing it––enjoyed myself tremendously.  i was skeptical going in, but the movie really made a believer out of me (a lot like 'the fifth element').  i normally like having the whole theater to myself, but this is one of the few movies that i would have loved to watch in a packed house with good audience participation.

I got lucky with the audience. Went just after school let out and the kids were not too young to see it. Lotsa laughs for the Hulk.

Link Posted: 5/23/2012 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait for the Blu-ray, I noticed in a scene near the end where Fury and his right hand chick are walking on the bridge of that flying carrier dealio, that her pants are so tight you can clearly see the outline of a teeny-tiny little thong.

Wasn't she a smoking hottie?  I hope her character is recurring.

Supposedly the new Wonder Woman.

Link Posted: 5/27/2012 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got around to seeing it today.

The final scene after the credits was the funniest part of the movie.

Link Posted: 5/27/2012 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok, I saw it a second time today.

There were at least two stars in the Avengers from ARFCOM's all-time favorite movie.

One of them was the warehouse guard who gave Bruce Banner the new clothes.  The other one of the overseers of SHIELD (along with Jessica from Logan's Run).

....I will give you a hint for each :  This warehouse guy BADLY wanted to be Avenged!........which puts him in the right film!

The other likely would have critiqued SHIELD's marksmanship abilities with his dying breath.

No fair peeking at IMDB!

Too easy.  Harry Dean Stanton and Powers Boothe from Red Dawn.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 2:02:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, I saw it a second time today.

There were at least two stars in the Avengers from ARFCOM's all-time favorite movie.

One of them was the warehouse guard who gave Bruce Banner the new clothes.  The other one of the overseers of SHIELD (along with Jessica from Logan's Run).

....I will give you a hint for each :  This warehouse guy BADLY wanted to be Avenged!........which puts him in the right film!

The other likely would have critiqued SHIELD's marksmanship abilities with his dying breath.

No fair peeking at IMDB!

Too easy.  Harry Dean Stanton and Powers Boothe from Red Dawn.

Powers Boothe!

It' been bugging me for day where I knew him from! Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't wait for the Blu-ray, I noticed in a scene near the end where Fury and his right hand chick are walking on the bridge of that flying carrier dealio, that her pants are so tight you can clearly see the outline of a teeny-tiny little thong.

Doc - wasn't until the 3rd time I saw it that I noticed this scene; you didn't mention the thong outline was visible from the front of her crotch....
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doc - wasn't until the 3rd time I saw it that I noticed this scene; you didn't mention the thong outline was visible from the front of her crotch....

wait, WUT?

I guess I'm going to have to go see it a third time now, damn you...
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I took my 5 year old son to watch it & we both loved it.

Personally, I was proud that his favorite character was Captain America.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 5:46:46 AM EDT
[#27]
The wife unit and I saw it Friday night (in a packed theater).  It was...OK.  Neither one of us could really figure out what all of the buzz was about but neither one of us is into the superhero/comic book stuff.  It was entertaining and I am glad we got to see it on the big screen.  It probably would have lost something on the Blu Ray, which I guess is why so many went to see it at the theater.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Saw it a second time this morning. Was that Ian Mckellan (Magneto) playing chess with Stan Lee at the end? Interwebz can't seem to answer that question.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Saw it a second time this morning. Was that Ian Mckellan (Magneto) playing chess with Stan Lee at the end? Interwebz can't seem to answer that question.

Gandalf.

He is in the next movie, on the good guys' side.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Saw it Thursday. Great movie, can't wait for the next one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I agree. Incredible film! I'll see it again..and again..and....

+1
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#32]
got to see it this weekend along with a followup of ironman II.  good movie except for the fact that the almighty Thor did not kick ironman's sorry ass during their mini (lib inspired natoesque equalization)  bromance fight including fagified captain A.   the hulk rocks as he takes noshit from anyone...
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Puny god.

I rost.

ROST!

I loved the movie. At some point we all would have liked to handle Loki (or someone we know) the way the Hulk handled him. I thought the CGI with this Hulk was dead on with the actor, Mark Ruffalo.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#34]
This still in the theaters?
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This still in the theaters?

Just saw it listed on a sign yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Saw it Saturday. Great flick. Other than the creatures and some animated violence, it seemed OK for kids. I don't remember any incredibly harsh language and may take my daughter to see it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw it.  The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they hadda be re-dun.

Stopped reading right here

This
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw it.  The original Tim Burton Batman movies were so bad they hadda be re-dun.

This
You liked the original Batman movies? Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and George Clooney movies?
Well, even if you did you would like Avengers! Or, are you another grammer  nazi ?

Link Posted: 6/5/2012 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This
You liked the original Batman movies? Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and George Clooney movies?

Well, even if you did you would like Avengers! Or, are you another grammer  nazi ?

IIRC, burton only did the first two, which were awesome.  joel schumacher fucked the series up with the kilmer and clooney iterations.

Link Posted: 6/5/2012 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Great flick.  Kids loved it.

One of the few movies I paid to see twice.

Worth every penny.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

IIRC, burton only did the first two, which were awesome.  joel schumacher fucked the series up with the kilmer and clooney iterations.

With many years of hindsight I think the 1st one was ok. I took them all in one lump though compared to the Dark Knight remake.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top