Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2002 3:57:51 PM EDT
[url]http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_1256710,00.html[/url]

CASTLE ROCK - A 7-week-old baby was near death Tuesday after his father allegedly shook him during the weekend, police said.

Mark Alan Schnabel, 32, of Castle Rock was arrested Sunday after his son arrived at Children's Hospital late Saturday with a cracked skull, severe brain swelling, contusions in both eyes and at least one broken rib.

"This is one of those cases that makes you sick," Douglas County sheriff's Sgt. Tim Moore said Tuesday. "Right now, we're not sure if (the baby) will make it."

The couple's other baby, the boy's twin sister, was placed in foster care after doctors found that she had a broken arm and leg.

View Quote

Unfortunately I have interacted with this guy before at work.  I am extremely saddened by this.  Please keep these children in your prayers.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn..........I won't even state my opinion of someone who harms a child, though I'd bet almost every member of this board shares it. I hope the baby does indeed survive, but that young, and with injuries that severe.....what a shame.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have sent my prayers for those children, and it literally brings me to tears to think someone could do something like that to a child so young.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top