Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 6:19:06 PM EDT
We have been considering a move to the Nashville area. We have been wondering about;

- Cost of living. What's a nice area (including suburbs) that has a reasonable cost of living & low crime.

- Acreage is reasonabe in Kansas. Can land (20+ acres) be had even 70-80 miles out from Nashville for a reasonable price?

- Any good outdoor gun ranges around there?

Thanks bunches.

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Within 70-80 miles of Nashville you should be able to find mountain land for from $750-$1500 per acre. There are still some good deals to be had like that. As far as places to live I don't know that. I think Hank or Green Furniture might know. If you want flat land you will pay more. It depends on location. Can't help you with the ranges around Nashvegas.Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Great area.  Tennessee is a great state.  No state income tax, (at least right now).  
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#3]
There's two outdoor public ranges within a few miles of Nashville. One is in Viola, in Warren Co. Costs $5 to shoot, range is up to 200 yards.

Free range in Cheatham Co. at the TWRA land. Free to shoot but you end up with the occasional idiot there.

They're building a public range in Nashville. It was supposed to be open two-three years ago. Govt work, ya know.

I live in & grew up in Nashville. Help ya all you want. E-mail me @ [email protected]

Good gunshow here in Aug.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
......and you can't wear flip-flops to Havana on 2nd Ave.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#5]
70-80 miles out (in this case, North) would put you into my back yard; Kentucky.
Cheaper living than Tennessee.

colt

There's only two good things to come out of Tennessee,
1. Jack Daniles Whiskey.
2. Interstate 65

(j/k tennesseer's)
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:58:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, from the looks of our traffic, this state is full.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh, and BTW, Jim Beam kicks Jack Daniels ass. [;D]
View Quote

Both are swill. The ONLY bourbon is made in Loretto, KY.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for your replies, guys!  I'm a little confused about Green Furniture's post and also the meaning of "WSM", but it sounds like we should visit and take a look around.   I have been there once on business, but I am looking into a new job in the area.

Concealed carry would be nice!   We still don't have that in Kansas.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Big_Bear, yes, lived there 5 years, my Dad still does. i live in Dunmor, ky now, just about 20 miles north of russellville.

colt

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top