Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2002 3:28:19 PM EDT
Liberals make me [puke]
[pyro]  run liberals run

The gun control lobby that calls itself "Americans for Gun Safety" (AGS) is poised to move forward with its campaign of exploiting the terrorist attacks of September 11 in order to further its anti-Second Amendment agenda. AGS has shamelessly attempted to deceive the American public into believing that terrorists—who are aided by renegade countries that support their murderous agenda with military arms and training, as well as millions of dollars—are shopping at your local gun shows right alongside law-abiding hunters, collectors, and those interested in personal protection. U.S. Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.)—the foremost spokesman for AGS in the U.S. Senate—has teamed up with anti-gun U.S. Senators Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.), Joe Lieberman (D-Conn.), and Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), and we expect them to try to force a vote in the Senate on their anti-gun show bill, S. 890, some time between now and Independence Day. S. 890 is designed to run gun shows out of business through a variety of registration and licensing schemes and is clearly the first step towards the true goal of banning all legal private sales, including those between friends and family.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
What happened to McCain????

When did he lose all of his common sense??

I do not get it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Isnt McCain a former POW? I wonder how often he prayed for a gun when he was in that cage? Constantly?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Personally I think the idiots of AGS/Brady Bunch are a voice in the wilderness. Since NO terriorist has done anything with a firearm, the sheeple are not yet quite stupid enough to buy into their BS.

IMO, the terriorist angle is clearly their most desperate ploy. Since it's not obviously working look for them to become even more shrill & far fetched, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What happened to McCain????

When did he lose all of his common sense??

I do not get it.
View Quote

He is just ahead of his time and an example of the republican of the future. This is what decades of "voting for the lesser of 2 evils" will eventually get you and he would be considered one of the "pro-gun" types.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:42:31 AM EDT
[#7]
The bill is all but dead- and so is McCains carrer in the senate... so sorry to dissapoint you Imbroiglio...
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:38:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry guys but Brog has hit it right smack on the head this time.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't care about gun shows at all.

[red]The fact is that the gun control wackos want to end all private sales of guns.[/red] Gun show private sales is the current battle line.

This I care about. All intelligent Americans should want to preserve freedoms and choices for themselves and for their children and for thier children's children.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top