Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2002 12:43:57 PM EDT
I was just listening to NPR and almost died of heart failure!

First I heard a report about the body of a newborn that was found in a shredder in Storm Lake, Iowa.  The case is important, because the local police have requested pregnancy test results from the local Planned Parenthood clinic.  Planned Parenthood refused to hand over their records in order to protect the privacy of their clients.  The judge is holding them in contempt of court and the police are crying "Just give us your records... for the sake of the child."

NPR interviewed the sheriff.  He argued that access to Planned Parenthood's records is key to the enforcement of the law.  

NPR interviewed the director of Planned Parenthood of Greater Iowa.  She argued that we are about to tread down a slipperly slope if we allow law enforcement access to records that are guarded by doctor patient confidentiality.

THEN - get this - the NPR interviewer plays the "for the children" schtick on the Planned Parenthood director!

That kncoked my socks off!  Liberals using their tried and true rhetoric against other liberals.  What's next... snow and sleet the 4th?
This prompted me to form two opinions:

1 - It's about time the liberal establishment cannibalizes itself with its own non-sequitors.

2 - I fear a state that allows law enforcement to access confidential records.  Heck, I fear a nation that compiles 4473's or otherwise creates databases of non-confidential records.

The Daniel Shore, the American left's greatest mouthpiece, launched into a tirade over Islam's treatment of women.  I remember that this was an issue during the Gulf War.  The left levied charges against the Bush administration that they were seeking to enable further marginalization of women by supporting Kuwait.  But now?  To attack the very same Islam that they have portrayed as "noble", "tollorant" and "misunderstood".

What's happening here?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting story and case.
Seems the liberals are getting bored with killing the unborn, so now they're starting to eat their for entertainment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top