Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2002 8:12:27 AM EDT
I just posted to Help I'm fuming but doing so gave me an idea. What if some of us got together and asked the Government for money to do a Documentary on why guns are good. I posted we could have used the BRC has a part of it.
Something to show the family values of owning guns and the true education and sportsmanship of it. It's time to fight back and since I have nothing to do I really am going to start researching this. If there is anyone who thought of it and has tried before I would like your input. If there is anyone willing to help your welcome to put in your ideas and creativity. TIME TO FIGHT BACK and stand our ground.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a great idea! I suggest looking into Discovery/TLC/History Channel network, see what they can do. They have been gun-tolerant, and there's always a great special on History about guns, or Nam, etc. Saw one the other day about the Kalashnikov's evolution. Damn informative, to say the least.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Neat idea.  
I think it would be cool to see some young boy or girl that's trying to make it to the olympics or camp perry.   It would be neat to see what they go through and how they don't go to school and shoot all of their classmates.
A little history of the shooting programs that used to take place in schools.   How the programs helped the war effort. etc.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I am willing to help as much as possible.I dont have mounds of funds,but I do have a little film and screenwriting talent. If you really feeel like getting this started I am willing to travel to NY and give you all the help I can.Please Email me with and questions or more ideas.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#4]
None of has has mounds of funds. I am writing a list of places to call for direction and possible money. I have a friend in school for film production. He is going to give me some places to try. I have a Sony 8mm Camera and a CD400 Digital. If we who have Video and still cameras would just take pictures of shooting events I am sure we could splice something together in a year or so.

I have an idea who to use for a family who shoots. He was the kid who shot a perfect 200 at the BRC. I am going to call his father and see. After speaking to him at the BRC he has his kids shooting since they were able to walk. I was very impressed with his son and his own dedication to the sport. He runs M&D Supplies and think he would help.

What I need are ideas and more ideas of how to attack this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top