Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/29/2002 6:36:55 PM EDT
I am interested in a Flattop AR and just cant seem to want to put a new upper on either of my existing AR15's as they are both nice pre-ban Colt carbines. I just read a glowing review of the DPMS Lo-Pro in Guns &Weapons for LE. It seems like just what I am looking for. Your opinoin please.....
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:10:02 PM EDT
Hard to believe 14 ppl looked at this and not one of youse had an opimion!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:19:40 PM EDT
... Awrighty [b]BillSP1[/b], my take. Do it. can always affix an A2 type carry handle to the Picatinny rail, but much better to "grow" into a TA01NSN ACOG w/GGG back-up sights when you can afford. ... Don't limit yourself, may get more responses in a "real" gun forum. ... This place is generally reserved for hate and discontent.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:20:41 PM EDT
What are you going to mount to the flat top? detachable carry handle, scope? I have heard that the DPMS guns are pretty nice too. No first hand exp. though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:10:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BillSP1: Hard to believe 14 ppl looked at this and not one of youse had an opimion!
View Quote
Try taking this to General Firearms Discussions and you may get more responses. Here in General Discussion the Topics tend to run more, um, General.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:22:03 PM EDT
Oh sorry, I saw the title of the thread and thought you were talking about your girlfriend. [;D] My bad. Forgive me. Mike
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:23:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DakotaKid: Oh sorry, I saw the title of the thread and thought you were talking about your girlfriend. [;D] My bad. Forgive me. Mike
View Quote
See, over in General Firearms Discussion there is a 87.4% less chance of such smart-ass remarks...
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:29:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By pdxshooter:
Originally Posted By DakotaKid: Oh sorry, I saw the title of the thread and thought you were talking about your girlfriend. [;D] My bad. Forgive me. Mike
View Quote
Nahhh, I'm one of those evil semiauto owners that's been drinking, I can be a smartass anywhere. :-) Mike See, over in General Firearms Discussion there is a 87.4% less chance of such smart-ass remarks...
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:01:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DakotaKid:
Originally Posted By pdxshooter:
View Quote
See, over in General Firearms Discussion there is a 87.4% less chance of such smart-ass remarks...
View Quote
View Quote
Nahhh, I'm one of those evil semiauto owners that's been drinking, I can be a smartass anywhere. :-) Mike Edited because I put my reply in the quote the first time....ooops. Officer, I'm driving straight, that damn road just keeps moving.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:46:42 AM EDT
Thanks for the input. I want to scope the flattop for casual target use. Think it would be a real handy coyote gun, among other uses. I have another AR set up with a Sure-Fire forearm light for home defense, so this one would be just for play. Now I think I will go to the fridge and get a cold one while I read here some more....
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:33:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf: ... This place is generally reserved for hate and discontent.
View Quote
That is just f@cking BULLSHIT!! I HATE you for that and I'm SO F@CKING DISCONTENTED about it I could just scream!! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:27:31 AM EDT
Isn't the LoPro the upper without a forward assist, dust cover, etc?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:53:21 PM EDT
Vinnie, Yep, that is the one without the dustcover, shell deflector lump, fwd assist. I don't need those things on a short varmint rifle. Per the article the thing shoots 1/2" groups at 100 yards (I know this in no guarantee MINE will shoot like that, but gotta start somewhere!) Bill
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:00:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BillSP1: Vinnie, Yep, that is the one without the dustcover, shell deflector lump, fwd assist. I don't need those things on a short varmint rifle. Per the article the thing shoots 1/2" groups at 100 yards (I know this in no guarantee MINE will shoot like that, but gotta start somewhere!) Bill
View Quote
I have a DPMS w/ the real A3 upper and 20" bull barrel...groups are incredibly SUB-MOA with UMC or American Eagle...How does 0"MOA at 50 yards sound? It will go out to 1/4" MOA if I flinch.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:59:21 PM EDT
This thread is Probably pretty much dead now, but Thanks to all those who replied. Big gunshow in Phoenix July 6-7, so I'm going to try to part with some cash and buy my first post-ban AR. Will me looking for a flat-top DMPS or Bushmaster, torn between a 16 or 20 inch barrel, either will do, no front sight on this one. If I see a Rock River Arms AR in the right configuration (A3 basically) I will check it out too. Regards to all those who helped, and Happy Fourth of July! BillSp1
Top Top