Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2002 8:56:27 PM EDT
Has anyone else noticed USA and TNT's blatant editing of guns and gun related language of Movies that they have been showing.

I'll give you two examples-

Kindergarden Cop (USA)- At the final shootout scene, I clearly remember Arnold shooting 5 times the Father of the Boy who the plot centers around. In the Edited For TV version, he shoots him only once.

The Peacemaker (TNT)- In the middle of the movie, George Clooney's Russian Friend gets shot and a really great chase scene ensues. At the end of the scene, George shoots one of the surviving guys in the car until he runs out of rounds. In the Edited For TV version, he shoots him only once.

The Peacemaker (TNT)- Closer to the end of the movie, right when they recover the nukes in the truck, George Clooney tells them "Don't shoot any civilians!", a minute later they start getting shot at, and then George says one of my favorite lines just before he jumps down into the truck. "Those guys you can shoot!!!" (Pointing to the guys in the truck). It's so matter of fact, that it's hillarious. Anyways, in the Edited For TV Version, they only show him pointing at the truck and he says "Those!" WTF????

The first two instances I can understand, excessive violence, but the last one pissed me off. It's as if the omitted the line because it was too agressive or not PC enough.

How dare they ruin such a good movie.

[soapbox]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a government conspiracy to make children think that guns are evil so that they can institute martial law in a future where nobody but the JBT's knows how to shoot. Programming the recall of the 2nd ammendment into todays kids.

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#4]
A-Team used Mini-14's......

Quoted:
A-Team.  50,000 rounds fired and nobody killed.  Doing our part to reduce violence on TV, right?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, the two media companies in question are notorious for a whole host of 'PC' positions and propaganda... as we've discussed here before. They don't want to just entertain, but also "educate" the masses to see things as they do.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top